Topic

Are death knights OP?

Endren @ Kirin Tor
Endren
1 Dwarf Paladin
I remember DKs used to be OP and had a bad reputation back in Wotlk retail. Is it the same here?

I'm trying to decide between a rogue and a DK but I don't want to be a FOTM death knoob.

@ Kirin Tor

All Races All Class
lol

Mieria @ Kirin Tor
Mieria
2 Human Mage
lol

Sillybun @ Kirin Tor
Sillybun
80 Human Rogue
Death knights deal around 1k more dps than other classes of the same gear level due to class bugs. Same for Warlocks and Warriors (although the Warrior abuse is not nearly as big). So if you want to be topping the dps meters do not roll a rogue.

Mieria @ Kirin Tor
Mieria
2 Human Mage
Death knights deal around 7k morer dps than other classes*
Fixed that for you

Endren @ Kirin Tor
Endren
1 Dwarf Paladin
Ok thanks, looks like I'll be going rogue. I don't want to be "good" just because of bugs.

Veila @ Kirin Tor
Veila

1 Blood Elf Paladin
On the other hand rogues are rumored to also be bugged, but rather has damage decreasing bugs unlike DK/Warlock. Idk if its true but I see no rogue ever doing good dps. Altho Rogues does have ToT and interrupts so they are generally not kicked from my experience. I'm thinking of rolling a rogue soon as well despite that cause I never played one in wotlk, but I thought to mention it for you.

Endren @ Kirin Tor
Endren
1 Dwarf Paladin
On the other hand rogues are rumored to also be bugged, but rather has damage decreasing bugs unlike DK/Warlock. Idk if its true but I see no rogue ever doing good dps. Altho Rogues does have ToT and interrupts so they are generally not kicked from my experience. I'm thinking of rolling a rogue soon as well despite that cause I never played one in wotlk, but I thought to mention it for you.

Thanks for the info. That's another reason why I'm choosing rogue, I've never played one before. I'm trying classes that I never played on retail, such as my main (a shadow priest).

Sillybun @ Kirin Tor
Sillybun
80 Human Rogue
I have played rogue extensively and I fail to see a reasonable cause for your assumptions.

1. The class has bad AoE. No doubt about it. If you're using ToC as an example that is bad because 4/5 fights have AoE in them so the rogue is losing out on not being able to effectively cleave.

2. Reports from other rogues state that they deal ~9k dps around 5.6-5.7k GS. Correct me if I'm wrong but with no ArP gear and damage buff from ICC that should be normal. Other classes dealing more damage is a fault in those classes.

Plus I generally tend to be in the first 5-6 in terms of damage dealt despite above points.

I will however confidently state that rogues have harder rotation than most classes and are punished a lot more severely for not doing their best.

Veila @ Kirin Tor
Veila

1 Blood Elf Paladin
@Sillybun

I never "assumed" the rogue is bugged, I've simply observed the complaints and rumors about it and I want it clarified *if* it is bugged, but I *do not know* if it is.

Also when I speak for bad DPS comparably, I'm talking of all T9 raids (except for togc25), Ulduar and all T7 raids. I compare their itemlevel to the tier, comparing them to the other classes at simillar gear levels and they are always below. Regardless of what gs they have, they are low on dps. I've frequently encountered 5k+ gs rogues in pugs barely pulling 3.5k. Now this could very well be for bad performance, I'm not gonna say anything against that. I would imagine Rogues has harder rotations than others and thus harder to play, making it a less casual class compared to others.

Maybe I've just run into the bad rogues, but I've only seen a very few rogues pulling good damage, and I can only think of 2 atm. Still, I do want to try Rogue in wotlk as it was my second most played in TBC and I wanna see how it changed in wotlk.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.