Topic

Upgrading gear as a new level 80?

Shanaynay @ Kirin Tor
Shanaynay

1 Troll Shaman
Hello,

I'm almost level 80 as resto/ele Horde shaman. My first character on this server, so don't have too much gear-wise etc. I do have the heirloom pieces though

But 80 gear on the auction house is crazy expensive

I'm wondering what the best way to progress and get geared would be?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated :) thanks in advance

Theodric @ Kirin Tor
Theodric

4 Human Paladin
get yourself blues from the highest lvl dungeons, then start running heroics until you get geared for raids, then start raiding.

Shanaynay @ Kirin Tor
Shanaynay

1 Troll Shaman
Great, thanks for the suggestions

I'm returning to Wotlk, but only played since last time it was the latest Retail expansion. So, it's been a while for me ;)

I vaguely remember 'heroic dungeons', are those the same as normal dungeons - just more difficult, better loot? Are those heroic dungeons something I can que up for in the LFG system?

And then, I think the first raid would be Naxx is that right?

Galgnu @ Kirin Tor
Galgnu
1 Orc Shaman
Nax is the first raid - yes. But also OS can be done at that time. But its only one boss.

Heroics are the same as normal but with harder mobs and better loots.

Start out with normal ones then heroics. Also Argent Toutnament is a good place to get items. You can get epic good weapons from here.

Shanaynay @ Kirin Tor
Shanaynay

1 Troll Shaman
Thank you so much for the suggestions :)

OS is obsidian sanctum, the thing below that dragon tower. You fight that big dragon in the middle of that zone, but first clear the mobs around it if I remember it right. It has a chance to drop a very large bag I think

And, Argent Tournament being that jousting area and that series of bosses

Is it realistic for me to be able to PUG these raids, as in just go in chat and find a group. Or, is that unrealistic? I'm not part of a raiding guild at this time

Galgnu @ Kirin Tor
Galgnu
1 Orc Shaman
OS is pugable just like Nax.

Argent tournament is NOT TOC which you are referring too. In order to go tjete you need MUCH better gear AND attunement from both Nax and Uld.
Argebt tournament is a place in Icecrown where you can do series of daily quests and on the end earn special badges which can be used to buy stuff for. Check it out on the web for more info.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.