Topic

The current state of Algalon Arena

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
I've noticed a decline in arena teams, it feels like no one really cares about 2s anymore and since most of the try hard arena junkies left the arena has lost it's difficulty feeling.
As it stands there's no incentive to do arena besides getting gear, this is fine for you average player, but it doesn't inspire players to push rating past the requirement for gear.

Releasing all the arena maps, along with arena titles and rewards for the past 2 seasons, along with a projected finish date for the current season I feel would be a huge bonus to the pvp community. It would trickle down into the pve aspect as well, since no class can push arena titles without pve pieces like trinkets, off parts, rings and set bonuses. I would say 90% of the pvpers here have no interest in pve simply because it isn't necessary.

We appreciate all the fixes and work you guys are doing to improve the server, and look forward to the future success of Dalaran-wow.

Dartn @ Kirin Tor
Dartn

2 Undead Priest
Hello Kys it was realy boring of 1 year and half season without reward and alot of wintraders is not banned, why would we waste 1 hour here if the staff dont care about pvp and there's no armory for the ladders feelsbadman

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Edited by Deathstep on 2017-12-09 05:08:45
Most of the wintraders were punished, found a new one yesterday popping arena all day and not joining, but overall the wintrading has stopped.

eJ4dtVE.jpg

Whist @ Kirin Tor
Whist
1 Night Elf Druid
As a game master and server developer, I am sure you can customise original insensitives to PvP (perhaps some mounts or PvE items for arena points+rating). The arena state is indeed dire. Just yesterday my partner and I were queueing for like 2 hours at the most populated times of the day and played against 2 different teams. At some points we were waiting 20 minutes or more in queue. Something has to be done to encourage more players because the PvP aspect of the game seems pretty dead for now

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Nah man, just want it blizzlike.

Whist @ Kirin Tor
Whist
1 Night Elf Druid
Blizzlike is meant for higher population. Something must change. Hundreds of player raid ICC every week but only a handful queue up at a descent rate. They must balance this issue somehow, and I'm not sure that just opening more arenas will fix it. PvP is more dead at the moment than the alliance in wg

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
Feels extremely black, man.

Judgehammer @ Kirin Tor
Judgehammer

1 Human Paladin
1) join 2's arena with zero mmr and team rating.

2) Get face rolled by 'wrathful' geared players

3) not bother again

Whist @ Kirin Tor
Whist
1 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Whist on 2017-12-10 01:17:32
Its very far from the truth. Just farm wrathful offparts and a low tier main set, get a good comp and if you are good you will get rate quickly. The PvP in this server is on a pretty low level I can assure you. If anyone followed what you said then fresh 80s with lvling gear were trying ICC hc all around and quiting the game.

Trumpkinpie @ Kirin Tor
Trumpkinpie

1 Dwarf Priest
"PvP is more dead at the moment than the alliance in wg". I beg your pardon! We dwarf tolerate the cold climate of Wintergrasp better than any! One thing we will not tolerate is this negativity. A priest knows a thing er two about spirit, you there seem to have none of it!

Whist @ Kirin Tor
Whist
1 Night Elf Druid
i happened to also be a priest, and a very spiritual one indeed. during my sleep i had a revelation, and this is what i was told. pvp cannot continue it in current state. god himself confirmed in. and for your claim, we horde can handle the cold way better than you dwarves. tales can be told about the orcs unyielding spirit or the fluffy fur of the taurens, and all this without even mentioning the forsaken. when you check those facts you can clearly see that we have better endurance for the cold than any alliance (scum, filth, waste of air may they all perish in hell AMEN).

MAKE PVP GREAT AGAIN!
LOK'TAR OGAR

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.