Topic

New to healing - What are mandatory addons?

Shanaynay @ Kirin Tor
Shanaynay

1 Troll Shaman
Hey there,

I have read similar posts for healing addons, suggestions are varied and I have looked at some suggested addons like Clique, Lui. I'm just not getting their usefulness, unless I'm not reading their descriptions correctly

I am new to healing, specifically I'm a Shaman. I do have Grid, it does seem very useful - it's the only addon specific to healing that I'm using

Here is where I'm having trouble:

Noticing my buffs that are proc'ed through skills, or if a target has a buff from me which could improve certain healing spells. I remember playing I think it was Cataclysm, where the normal in-game UI had these built in massive indicators above your character. For example, a Ret Paladin who gains a buff that makes his casting skill an instant cast, a huge flashing icon would appear over your character

Is there an addon that shows an on-screen temporary icon, that lets you know you gained this buff etc?

Any suggestions are appreciated and sorry in advance just brand new to healing :)

Galgnu @ Kirin Tor
Galgnu
1 Orc Shaman
As a Shammy myself I use Healbot with great succes.

I dont have anything flashing - you dont need that as soon as you get familiar with your class :-)

Zi @ Kirin Tor
Zi

1 Undead Warlock
not really healing specific but i like tellmewhen to keep track of whatev i want to keep track off

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.