Topic

New to healing - What are mandatory addons?

Shanaynay @ Kirin Tor
Shanaynay

1 Troll Shaman
Hey there,

I have read similar posts for healing addons, suggestions are varied and I have looked at some suggested addons like Clique, Lui. I'm just not getting their usefulness, unless I'm not reading their descriptions correctly

I am new to healing, specifically I'm a Shaman. I do have Grid, it does seem very useful - it's the only addon specific to healing that I'm using

Here is where I'm having trouble:

Noticing my buffs that are proc'ed through skills, or if a target has a buff from me which could improve certain healing spells. I remember playing I think it was Cataclysm, where the normal in-game UI had these built in massive indicators above your character. For example, a Ret Paladin who gains a buff that makes his casting skill an instant cast, a huge flashing icon would appear over your character

Is there an addon that shows an on-screen temporary icon, that lets you know you gained this buff etc?

Any suggestions are appreciated and sorry in advance just brand new to healing :)

Galgnu @ Kirin Tor
Galgnu
1 Orc Shaman
As a Shammy myself I use Healbot with great succes.

I dont have anything flashing - you dont need that as soon as you get familiar with your class :-)

Zi @ Kirin Tor
Zi

1 Undead Warlock
not really healing specific but i like tellmewhen to keep track of whatev i want to keep track off

Matildelf @ Kirin Tor
Matildelf
5 Blood Elf Priest
Healbot is the only mandatory addon for healing! To display procs and other cool icons I like PowerAuras, very cool addon

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
I love Grid and how it works with its complement "Grid icons", which allows me to see buffs/debuffs on the raid icons themselves. It's very intuitive and easy to see who's buffed with what, who gets a debuff that you can dispell, etc.
If you want a big flashy icon to pop everytime you gain a specific proc, you can easily do that with Debuff Filter, enabling and adjusting settings for "Player" and "Buffs" and choosing the Aura you want to track.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.