Topic

Vote Shop bug

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Hello guys! I'm here to report a problem with the vote Shop, indeed the database seems to be off, I can't see the informations about the item. Anyone has the same problem?

Stickum @ Kirin Tor
Stickum
1 Blood Elf Rogue
its not with the vote shop, the tooltips that it used to show come from another WOTLK database. that database is not working properly or has been shut down (i have not checked into it yet). The vote shop itself is working properly, the database it uses is not.

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, but do you know if it'll be corrected?

Stickum @ Kirin Tor
Stickum
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I couldn't tell you definitively if it will be corrected or not, since I have nothing to do with the database and have no knowledge of the site activity or plans for the future. what I can tell you is the problem is not on our side. You can still purchase heirlooms using the site even though you can't see the item details. Until we know if this is ever gonna be fixed on the database side you can look up the items using the internet and write down the names to make sure you are making the correct purchase. while its not as convenient for us, it is still properly working on our end.

Graveraven @ Kirin Tor
Graveraven
1 Blood Elf Mage
Edited by Graveraven on 2017-05-10 12:01:54
Might want to put a thread sticky about this stuff to make sure people take the chance to look it up.

I just woke up this morning and managed to get enough vote points to buy spaulders for may mage. Course, went to click on it, no item info. (I thought. Huh. Weird. Maybe this stuff might be just for anesthetics / looks.)

So I poke at one of the spaulders even it clearly says my mage as chosen character,with the shoulders drop down box, I ended up with mail spaulder with int & Stam for either the pally / shaman.

I'm not complaining about it, it's shame on me for not looking it up more closely at the start, but should be stuff like this be put in a sticky note (top of a guide forum or something) to have less confusion and troubles like this on an early note?

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Cerbin on 2017-05-16 16:57:17
The fact is that for your spaulder there is just a little problem, whereas for item like mounts (in particular Talbuks) that can be bought alliance or horde, how to know you're buying the one interesting you ? I checked the item ID before buying, but how many people won't think about it and buy the items to dicover they're from opposite faction ?

I think this problem should be signaled to the game masters...

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.