Topic

Wow Mouse Detection

Bopi @ Kirin Tor
Bopi
1 Human Rogue
My wow mouse is not being detected and i have tried to restat wow client and unplug/replug my mouse and update drivers as another forum post had said using DP something or other program in the folder for the mouse Please somebody help with this

Boujii @ Kirin Tor
Boujii

1 Human Paladin
I would try unplugging it from your existing USB port and plugging it into a different one. This has been known to work for several other games with your symptoms.

Note: Make sure WoW is closed completely during this procedure.

Bopi @ Kirin Tor
Bopi
1 Human Rogue
this didnt work tried with 4 different usb locations but thank you for trying to help me

Naidira @ Kirin Tor
Naidira
of Quel'Thalas

80 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a shot in the dark, but enabling or disabling the Hardware Mouse Cursor might help you out.

You can check the status of your HW cursor by pasting the following command into the chat window: /script print(GetCVar("gxCursor"))

1 means Hardware Cursor is enabled, 0 means disabled.

To enable it if it's disabled: /console gxCursor 1
To disable it if it's enabled: /console gxCursor 0

It's also in your Config.wtf as: SET gxCursor "1"
Or as: /console gxCursor "0"

Good luck!

Bopi @ Kirin Tor
Bopi
1 Human Rogue
it didnt work either
is there any way i can submit a gm ticket about this?

Dinqt @ Kirin Tor
Dinqt
7 Gnome Rogue
Yes you can , but you shouldnt do a ticket about an issue that its in ur side , you should go fix it by urself, not much the staff can do besides tips and suggestions like ppl are doing here in forums

check drivers and settings, check that mouse and usb workw, reinstall client, buy a new mouse

idk man

Lohgar @ Kirin Tor
Lohgar

1 Orc Shaman
The only other thing that springs to mind is if you have controller/gamepad devices plugged in, which in some games can interfere with input. WoW never had gamepad detection, though so I can't see that as being even a remote possibility. Or perhaps if you have some kind of fancy gaming mouse with extra functions and software control, but many people use mice like that.

It's probably a driver issue.

Bopi @ Kirin Tor
Bopi
1 Human Rogue
i have the newest drivers and the old ones (maybe wotlk era) arent available anywhere ive found online
its called a steelseries wow gaming mouse legendary edition if any of you want to help further it would be very much appreciated

Vatroslav @ Kirin Tor
Vatroslav
80 Blood Elf Warlock
What OS are you using(check online for some threads about the similar issue)? Where did you download the client from? both can be a reason for your problem. My advice would be to redownload a client from a tested source, and ofc use a non-modified one. For blinking cursor, disabling the hardware mouse usually resolves the issue. That is all that comes to my mind atm.

Vatroslav @ Kirin Tor
Vatroslav
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Also, use a clean client first, with no addons. If it works add one by one addon and see if you have the issue coming up again. who knows it might be that simple.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.