Topic

Suggestion: crossfaction or free faction change (KT)

Karkazz @ Kirin Tor
Karkazz
80 Draenei Hunter
Hey there,

I noticed there is some dungeon (and even raid!) activity on the horde side of Kirin-Tor again, I am sadly, stuck on the dead alliance side of the realm.
I would suggest making the realm cross-faction for PVE related stuff, if that's too much work a free (or very cheap) faction change option would be appropriate I think.
At the current rate of 150 VP it takes ages for a faction change, and 10 donate points... Well the realm is just not populated eneugh to invest money in.

Let's make KT alive again!

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
The entire realm is dead LMAO did you just say raid activity, nigga I'm dying

Algalonisoff @ Kirin Tor
Algalonisoff

1 Gnome Warlock
Change realm.

Karkazz @ Kirin Tor
Karkazz
80 Draenei Hunter
Well okay,
the thing is, after moltdown and KT emptying I saw years of work down the drain (I don't like the progressive concept).
In fact I'm retired from play wow for about 3 years now.
I wouldn't mind playing on a small realm, I'll just not go through the drag of leveling again.
I've been checking KT from time to time in some nostalgic moments for the past years and seeing 7lvl 80's online in horde a few days ago did me want to play again.
I've PMed some of them and they did say they are steadily getting back to raiding.
You might find it silly, guess what, I don't care.

Alvita @ Kirin Tor
Alvita

80 Human Paladin
Karkazz I dont know what time you are on, but im on the alliance side as well and we started raiding.. Also we are still growing in population.
We are a EU based guild named Trash Mobs. Maybe you can /w one of us if you are online.
Greetings,
Alvita

Cax @ Kirin Tor
Cax
80 Human Paladin
Hi Karkazz,

As Alvita said above, we are now raiding in our guild Trash Mobs.

You will hear negative comments about the server population but it is what it is. We have work together to get things done on KT but that just builds a community.

I have made a lot of friends in our guild and also outside of it.

We'd love to hear from you. Come and help us build the community by joining it.

Cax

Karkazz @ Kirin Tor
Karkazz
80 Draenei Hunter
Thanks for the response Cax and Alvita, I'll sure give it a go.
Although I still think a more longterm solution should be found, at this point of activity it's ludicrous to have both factions split for PVE. If it's too much work to implement cross-faction raids they should allow free faction change. If we could unite under one banner things would look much brighter.
150 votepoints for a faction change on Algalon surely is acceptable, but for Kirin Tor, excuse my language, it's bollocks.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
It should be more for kirintor, since it costs more money than it makes.

Algalonisoff @ Kirin Tor
Algalonisoff

1 Gnome Warlock
What's not to like in progressive content? You can still play however you want on Algalon.

Riska @ Kirin Tor
Riska
80 Night Elf Hunter
Never understood why, If Algalon is so great, the population spend so much time and energy on Kirin Tor's server and even forum..

Regardless, Karkazz im with you on the rates should be lower to reflect the difference in servers. +1 from me

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Never understood why, If Algalon is so great, the population spend so much time and energy on Kirin Tor's server and even forum..

As someone who's been semi active on the forums for about 3 years now I can say with confidence there has been hundreds of threads from new players either upset finding out they put in time on a dead realm, asking staff to transfer their character from kirin tor to algalon, or players that accidentally sent vote and donation rewards to characters on kirin tor.

The realm is a negative aspect to dalaran-wow, it's a stagnant dump and a new player trap. The overall population would without a doubt be bigger now if Kirin tor didn't exist.

Xophica @ Kirin Tor
Xophica
80 Human Warlock
There are a major issue some players dont want to play on Algalon, its because its a PVP-realm, even if some of Algalon players says there is very little world-pvp on Algalon it doesn't matter, its still a PVP-realm. Some of us maybe not see the fun of level 80 players ganking level 40 players, and those who complaining about only hear "Live with it".

The other thing is the community. There is a more mature and relaxed community on Kirin Tor.

However, of course the lack of people is a problem. But the problem will remain if Algalon players scares away new people from Kirin Tor saying the Kirin Tor is dead. But I have a sense that the realm is growing again. Unfortenately I cant say how it's on Horde side.

My suggestion, if you want to play PVE then choose Kirin Tor. If you want PVP then chose Algalon. No matter what.

Karkazz: I'm sorry to say that I don't belive it's possible to do cross-faction raids or dungeons because of the game mechanics, but I'm not certain.

Sarena @ Kirin Tor
Sarena
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
The realm is a negative aspect to dalaran-wow, it's a stagnant dump and a new player trap. The overall population would without a doubt be bigger now if Kirin tor didn't exist.

im a hordie and my guild has no plans on moving relms any time soon. plus the relms comming back

Intrinsic @ Kirin Tor
Intrinsic
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Intrinsic on 2017-10-12 17:17:02
It should be more for kirintor, since it costs more money than it makes.

....if you're looking to make money on a private server than your headed for a lawsuit

The other thing is the community. There is a more mature and relaxed community on Kirin Tor.
for this (and other reason(s) we enjoy kirin tor...and yes we raid there, laugh all you want, but it happens.

Karkazz @ Kirin Tor
Karkazz
80 Draenei Hunter
So I noticed the discouraging realm broadcast is back that Algalon is the main server, just when we are starting to get peak populations of nearly 100 people.
Weekly raids on both horde and alliance again, highest activity since 2014.
I understand that since you dedicated so much work on scripting Algalon that you want the bulk of the population to play there.
I would still kindly like to ask you to consider my suggestion of changing the faction change cost to something like 10 or 20 VP. It's 5 minutes work, just changing the integer from 150 to X in the website scripts...
If all 80's were on the same faction we could progress way faster.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.