Topic

Improvements and plans.

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Edited by Lothloryen on 2017-10-17 05:39:03
Hello Community,

We want to clarify a few things with you regarding the workflow and plans.

We would like to recognize, that even with many tries to deal with the pending tasks, we have seen ourselves overwhelmed with the workload and by the weight of everything that had to be done. Because of this we have mostly focused on the same: High End game and stability. We believe we failed with managing some PvP related aspects, as well as communication. Other areas of the game have been delayed or postponed with the hope of finding a good moment where we could have more time to focus on their management.

So it is our intention with this announcement, to inform the community that we are already taking the relevant measures in order to correct all this now, with the majority of the high end raids being stable and in really good shape.

We would love to give you more feedback with changelogs and suitable reports about what is going on, bringing the community together and improving the other areas of the game that have been stagnant, as well as increasing the support with trusted people in our ranks.

We have been always a small team, we had some setbacks since the beginning and we keep the thought that even if the workload is unbearable, it will have better results with fewer of us but with total confidence between the team. For this reason there were just a few recruits for the Game Master positions, with strict organization and no new additions unless they have the total trust from me and Malkavia. This is why I was the only developer for most of the time, and when others joined they had no way to push the fixes to the live realm. The internal organization was not the correct one and it has proved itself multiple times that it needed to be changed - it was drastically delaying the workflow.

Now, what are our plans to solve these issues?

- Since important fixes were delayed in order to push the current raid tier content and avoid conflicts, now is the time to start pushing them to the live realm. For example: Long awaited class fixes.

- Fixes have been deployed bit by bit in many areas, with no changelog or notification. But we are already working on the changelogs with incoming fixes to be deployed. The general fix deployment rate will be increased.

- There will be regular changelogs from now on (not with every maintenance, but when there are enough corrections to write one) - players must be aware of which hotfixes are being applied.

- Two Game Masters: Tyr and Teri, have joined our ranks after a long wait - more incorporations will follow. The ingame assistance should have a noticeable improvement in speed and quality.

- Actively punishing all the win-traders and exploiters that are investigated after reports, and confirmed as such.

- New internal project structure, so everything is much more agile and easily deployed.

- Design a notification schedule about everything that is happening (events, fixes, important changes, PvE Tournaments, Ruby Sanctum's beta/release...etc).

Dalaran-WoW was born from the passion that we have for this game, we have been adapting ourselves to every setback along this journey and we absolutely learn from our mistakes. We love this project and we are devoted to it, we want to give our players the best and we will not stop until that is achieved.

Thank you for the constructive criticisms and the love and loyalty that you have shown us, you deserve our best, and we intend to give you that.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
You intend, you intended, yet always you delay(ed) it.

Welcome back gramps.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
- Actively punishing all the win-traders and exploiters that are investigated after reports, and confirmed as such.

Thanks Loth

Masggzz @ Kirin Tor
Masggzz

1 Human Warrior
sweeeeeeeeeeet

Atahera @ Kirin Tor
Atahera
2 Human Rogue
Finally Hunter's traps are getting fixed... Alongside whole class.

Adgavin @ Kirin Tor
Adgavin
1 Human Priest
No better time than this to start submitting all those small bugs.
Good to see things are moving again

Dartn @ Kirin Tor
Dartn

2 Undead Priest
Dear loth i've played ur server for more than 3 years and reached r1 twice and i didn't get anything so should we play for nothing again?

Algalonisoff @ Kirin Tor
Algalonisoff

1 Gnome Warlock
Oooooh Battered Hilt, Strand of the Ancients, removal of gold seller daily gold mails?

Wletmepostwc @ Kirin Tor
Wletmepostwc

1 Night Elf Druid
ZG is back up! WOHOOO! Does this mean Time lost proto drake is spawning as well? :D

Lunarwing @ Kirin Tor
Lunarwing
2 Night Elf Druid
will the website finally have a working armory and few things that haven't been workings for like years...?

Algalonisoff @ Kirin Tor
Algalonisoff

1 Gnome Warlock
ZG hype! Back to grinding for Tiger.

Asdfasdfaasd @ Kirin Tor
Asdfasdfaasd

1 Draenei Warrior
so when are we getting fixes for trial of the crusader?
primarily combat bug after lich king breaks the floor:
https://github.com/dalaran-wow/dalaran-wow/issues/3627
and major - nerubian burrowers having the wrong block calculations for the past 12 months:
https://github.com/dalaran-wow/dalaran-wow/issues/2993

Treebag @ Kirin Tor
Treebag
2 Night Elf Druid
so when are we getting fixes for trial of the crusader?

Soon™

Chanelnfive @ Kirin Tor
Chanelnfive

1 Troll Rogue
Edited by Chanelnfive on 2017-10-15 09:33:17
All the work done with the goal of making the server more interesting is more than commendable.

But in these words, at least for me, there is also a "hidden" warning about the possibility that the server could be turned off at any time due to the insufficient number of people who deal with the fixes, but also for other reasons.

Do not be sad or angry for this, enjoy it as long as you can.

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Hello there,

so when are we getting fixes for trial of the crusader? primarily combat bug after lich king breaks the floor: https://github.com/dalaran-wow/dalaran-wow/issues/3627 and major - nerubian burrowers having the wrong block calculations for the past 12 months: https://github.com/dalaran-wow/dalaran-wow/issues/2993

Those are already in queue so, expect them on live in 1-2 days as much.

All the work done with the goal of making the server more interesting is more than commendable. But in these words, at least for me, there is also a "hidden" warning about the possibility that the server could be turned off at any time due to the insufficient number of people who deal with the fixes, but also for other reasons. Do not be sad or angry for this, enjoy it as long as you can.

I believe you have misinterpreted our words, we have been since the beginning (more than 4 years) a very small team - and we have kept it that way for the reasons explained in this post. However, we decided some time ago to change it and increase our ranks a bit. The management from my side and old way of managing the tasks was not the proper one at all, hence the intention to improve and refresh the infrastructure, as well as delegate more tasks that were not being delegated before.

Being a small team is not a problem for us, it does not discourage us, in fact we rather prefer to be as such. We have seen that with a good management and some more incorporations we could provide much better results.

This post does not have any hidden warning as you mention, it is all about recognizing that I made some mistakes with the management and that we are already taking measures to correct it as a team.

Thank you very much.

Chanelnfive @ Kirin Tor
Chanelnfive

1 Troll Rogue
Well, in this case I really misunderstood your words, so go ahead with your team.

I'm sure your last post will have reassured or at least encouraged many players, including me.

Sillybun @ Kirin Tor
Sillybun
80 Human Rogue
hello there.

while we're on the subject of fixes, i posted an issue with ros (reliquary of souls) which basically forces you to get ~8-9 lvl 80 dps in order to down the boss ( https://github.com/dalaran-wow/dalaran-wow/issues/4503 ). developers confirmed that it is ready and should be applied on live several months ago. when can we expect this?

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Hello,

Even though is really nice to see your feedback, keep the bug reports, comments or questions about a specific issue in our bug tracker, please.

Thank you.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
An improvement to PvP would be adding the dalaran arena, I know the waterfall can cause some bugged los and stuck problems, but if you're up to it, we would appreciate it's release.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
3 of the 6 BGs are in rotation and 3/5 of the arenas.

Xn @ Kirin Tor
Xn
5 Blood Elf Priest
ED! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? WE NEED YOU!

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Pls no one wants ring of valor, they don't even use it on AT.

Trumpkinpie @ Kirin Tor
Trumpkinpie

1 Dwarf Priest
Hello new GM's :D

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.