Topic

Transmog

Aaxads @ Kirin Tor
Aaxads
1 Draenei Mage
Hello.i think having the transmog option in this awesome server will make playing alot more fun than it allready is.i think many other players agree with me.thanks for your hard work and making such great server.

Algalonisoff @ Kirin Tor
Algalonisoff

1 Gnome Warlock
Transmog isn't WotLK feature.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Can we also get garrisons and pandas, pls o pls staff pls
Pls

Mizeriq @ Kirin Tor
Mizeriq
1 Undead Mage
Noo.Its a bad idea.I want to play real Lich king.If you want transmog play in other server.:)

Kuuza @ Kirin Tor
Kuuza
1 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah, bad ,bad idea. Who would want more things to do and maybe give a new life to old outdated content?

Aaxads @ Kirin Tor
Aaxads
1 Draenei Mage
I know it's not for wotlk but whats the harm in a new option for those who like it? I myself hate cata and other expansions.

Huungregar @ Kirin Tor
Huungregar
9 Tauren Warrior
Edited by Huungregar on 2017-09-28 08:11:54
The harm: Applying a new option like Transmog to WotLK will infuse input lag in the game. It's not meant to be a transmog into 3.3.5 and when you are going into a raid with bunch of people re-applying new outlook of their items, it will cause your internet connection to download more data from the server to load on your screen. I've witnessed such upgrade to 3.3.5 server and it will bring some small troubles too, like: taking some time the items' visual to load or not even load and have visual bugs.
Even though, the transmog system I've seen had some additional tokens that dropped from bosses in ICC and VoA to be used for mogging and to push people still going into those raid zones. Lowering down the drop rates of such tokens will probably reduce the amount of people doing the transmog. (Ulduar shards drop rate = gucci) :)

Personal opinion: DO NOT apply Transmog! If you want to role-play just go and farm your items that you like and wear them to show off in Dalaran. DO NOT bring useless and unnecessary visuals into raids, please!!!

Ciomag @ Kirin Tor
Ciomag

3 Dwarf Paladin
There is no harm having cosmetics in a 3.3.5 patch server.
It could certainly be introduced in some cool way and it would definitely increase donations as well as bring new players and reinvigorate the experience overall.

The... 'argument' that cosmetics were not a feature in wotlk makes no sense. Consider this, locking 5mans behind raids most certainly was not a feature in wotlk, and yet it exists here. And that's ' alright ,kind of. Which is more 'game breaking' having an item equipped cosmetically or entirely blocking people from doing 5 man dungeons? The former of course.

Why you naysayers keep rejecting this fine cool thing also makes no sense, do you actually not grasp the positive implications?
Is a great idea make it happen and this donor right here will continue to donate!

Lari @ Kirin Tor
Lari
1 Blood Elf Rogue
It would be great if it was possible to just let people have Transmog on the secondary server since this is such a divisive issue. Maybe limit how accessible Transmog even is. There are many ways to do that and there can be a balance here between Transmog as it was in Vanilla and a way to have a more subtle Transmog but the mods don't seem open to new ideas. Oh well.

I personally think Transmog would be great. Never played anything after TBC before playing WotLK on Dalaran (currently at lvl 31) and i've heard about Transmog and it sounds like a great feature. I personally hate the design of late game gear and Transmog would give more flavor and more things to do to each player. I'd much rather look like a Paladin or Death Knight from WC3 at lvl 80 than some dude straight outta Final Fantasy or some Anime.

Yes, it seems that Transmog does affect the price of low level items, but they can always make Transmog harder and more expensive. Maybe Transmog could even be a donation-only feature (not much different from all the unobtainable gears and mounts - pay 10 bucks, you can change your chest armor or your gauntlets). The whole point is that Transmog being a simply cosmetic feature shouldn't affect the gameplay and the feel of WotLK too much. If Transmog is limited to donations or something similar, it would be very easy to control the risk that Transmog affects the economy. Maybe even make it so that the "transmog" feature isn't in game but through the website, only accessible with donations letting you pick some model from WoW to substitute your current piece of equipment, completely eliminating any risk of Transmog affecting the price of low level equipment.

Theodric @ Kirin Tor
Theodric

4 Human Paladin
They're not open to things that are not wotlk blizzlike, which makes sense since this is a wotlk blizzlike server.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Nah fuck off with the transmog meme. Not happening, more players will leave the server than players would join because of the implementation of such a useless thing.

Treebag @ Kirin Tor
Treebag
2 Night Elf Druid
d1Y6lRj.gif

Huungregar @ Kirin Tor
Huungregar
9 Tauren Warrior
Don't start this all over again, please!

If you want to show off with retro gear go farm it and AFK in Dalaran with it. Never bring useless outfit into raid. Nobody cares about it while you have a massive boss models and spell details who make you look insignificant.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

5 Night Elf Warrior
Introducing some mechanic to " wear" cosmetic items would be awesome... monetize that through the store somehow and I'll bite no problem.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.