Topic

About Seal of Command procs

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
Hello, I have no experience on Retribution paladin and wanted to ask about the procs of Seal of Command (particularly for pvp).

Basically, would appreciate if you could make this clear:

1) What does it exactly do, when is best situation to use it
2) What skills trigger the proc of extra holy damage from SoC
3) How big can the proc of SoC be and if it can crit
4) How often can SoC proc

I know there were some bugs in the past concerning this spell, so I would like to have this more clear, since most of discussions I find online are for other expansions. Thanks!

Algaoffline @ Kirin Tor
Algaoffline

14 Human Warrior
Seal of command has been fixed on this server and it's no longer viable for competitive pvp play. Use seal of righteousness as back on retail instead

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
If it's being fixed, as they said, and is no longer viable for competitive pvp, I wonder why Paladins at 79 are still using it.
I have several toons, some of them well geared and with over 500 resilience. I can get hit by Divine Storm of 2.5 k damage, and then receive an additional 3k of Seal of Command. The next second comes Crusader Strike and then again another Seal of Command proc. I don't know if it's ignoring resilience or WTF, but Paladins were not like this before. I had no problem at all to defeat a Retri on my mage or warlock, now they can oneshot you in 2 seconds. Needless to say, caught in a Hammer of Justice without trinket means instadeath.

I think it's really broken, just wish I could say where.

Closekirinto @ Kirin Tor
Closekirinto
1 Undead Rogue
Edited by Closekirinto on 2019-05-22 22:32:26
quick test on heroic dummy single target, 30 sec with soc, 30 sec with sor, same gear same buffs same rotation also with no sor glyph or talent points into seals of the pure
http://prntscr.com/ns2chg
http://prntscr.com/ns2c3j

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Hello,

Although we appreciate the feedback, the best place to discuss issues will be the bugtracker. This way we can keep track of any new issue that arises or if it indeed works as intended.

Regards.

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
Hello, Malvakia
Could you please indicate if there's a report about this on the Bug Tracker already? I get so confused on that page, sorry.

I honestly thing there is something definitely wrong. I don't think Blizzard intended to create a class that can kill players around them with the press of ONE BUTTON. I've been checking combat log on different classes and Retribution paladins literally delete enemy players in 1-2 seconds with no option for a counterplay. It's like their damage was ignoring resilience or the procs of Seal of Command that apply as "extra damage" on side enemies would now stack all together in one target. As said before Seal of Command is a seal that works as extra AoE damage to get agro. How come paladins use it on PvP environment when fighting ONE enemy? The damage is ridiculous, and it's not necessary to have it like this on a class that is already overpowered. I really hope DEVs can have a look on this.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
Edited by Edzero on 2019-05-25 19:11:57
https://github.com/dalaran-wow/dalaran-wow/issues?utf8=✓&q=seal+of+command

Not exactly hard to find.

And don't just say that you think something is broken. Find proof of how it currently works and how it should work.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.