Topic

How's the activity on Dalaran WoW these days?

Loadsamoney @ Kirin Tor
Loadsamoney
1 Human Paladin
Edited by Loadsamoney on 2020-03-27 17:33:08
I had to take an extended hiatus two years ago because of work obligations, had an 80 Prot Pally on Horde side, now I'm thinking about coming back and playing Alliance side to switch things up a little, especially since my old guild Aeon (great bunch of people by the way, loved them all, especially Mastah and the guild leader Paradoxic) has probably moved on by now. Will likely be raising the same classes, a Prot Pally w/ Mining and JC, and a Resto Shaman w/ Herbalism and Alchemy. I can cover all four roles with these two classes: Tanking, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS and Healing, and they were always the most fun classes for me to play.

So, how is the activity these days, particularly on the Progressive realm? Still enough player action at the end-game for raiding?

P.S: I know there's 2x XP currently going, is there a way to disable it and have the normal 1x XP?

P.P.S: Before I waste time and money on burning cloth, is it worth leveling First Aid on classes that can already heal themselves like Shamans and Paladins? Or only classes that have no form of self healing?

Diwata @ Kirin Tor
Diwata
73 Draenei Hunter
Checked earlier, 668 people online, so yeap that's enough people to go around. You can skip x2 exp by messaging the admins.

Yes, first aid is useful for quick heals during dungeons and such where moving is a priority.

Loadsamoney @ Kirin Tor
Loadsamoney
1 Human Paladin
Are there any admins online at the moment? I emailed a request to disable the exp event to [email protected], don't know how long it usually takes them to respond.

I'm also unable to login to my main account due to it being locked, and requesting me to call the number tied to the account, so I don't know how to get it unlocked. I mentioned that in the ticket as well, but I'm basically on an alt account at the moment.

Gerardd @ Kirin Tor
Gerardd

1 Human Mage
pop is fine yeah, having peaks of 1800 more or less and thats only your faction Diwata. Best is to send them an email with ur problems or open a ticket mate

Loadsamoney @ Kirin Tor
Loadsamoney
1 Human Paladin
Edited by Loadsamoney on 2020-03-26 19:17:17
Okay, thank you. I sent an email to [email protected] this morning, so hopefully it won't take that long. I don't even mind if my old account doesn't get resolved, I'm fine starting over, I'd just rather do it with the normal 1x Exp.

Pixiflunsky @ Kirin Tor
Pixiflunsky
1 Undead Rogue
Welcome back to the server!

The population is great (right now more than 1000 players on alliance, and that's just one faction). There are a lot of guilds raiding, from lower tiers like Naxxramas to Icecrown Citadel. I highly recommend you to join a guild, doing raids with pugs can be tough at times.
As for PvP, battlegrounds are happening quite a lot especially thanks to the PvP battleground tournament they recently implemented.

If you need assistance don't worry, the staff is great. They aren't a lot of people but they are quite efficient. I've needed them twice this week, and my mail and my ticket got responded within 24 hours.

Cheers and have fun!

Loadsamoney @ Kirin Tor
Loadsamoney
1 Human Paladin
Edited by Loadsamoney on 2020-03-27 17:38:04
Alright, I'm back in the game with a Draenai Paladin and a Draenai Shaman, both in full heirlooms, but otherwise unfunded. As soon as I hit Level 10 with both of them and get their professions established I'm going to start looking for a good social Alliance guild that I can one day get into intro-level raiding with and Tank/Heal for.

Gonna keep my 80 Prot Pally on Horde side too, incase a friend needs me to tank for that faction, pretty well geared in fully gemmed/enchanted T9's.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.