Topic

Hi there

Grizilda @ Kirin Tor
Grizilda
1 Undead Warlock
First time on the private servers! Did some research about private servers after the diabolical BfA and Diablo drama. Saw some great feedback and YouTube reviews about Dalaran-wow and figured I should give it a shot. I must say I am extremely impressed so far! The only iffy thing I've experienced whilst levelling my night elf currently is a few NPCs either floating or clipping through the floors. Other than that, 10/10!

Since this is my first time on a private server, it's been a decade since I experienced the game before the Cata purge. As somebody whose been around since Vanilla retail, I have some questions:

1. Are we using the old talent tree or is it similar to the current retail one?
2. Do most players use the dungeon finder? I was hoping I could relive the journeying and exploring with my girlfriend (she started in BfA which is another major factor why I chose this server)
3. Is content still being added or has the staff more or less completed this huge project?
4.Once my night elf has been unlocked from /say, where would the best location be to find players? I'm guessing it would be Stormwind?
5. Are the Vanilla and Burning Crusade raids still being played?
6. As a druid and a priest, which spec do players want from us for dungeons and raids? I know during retail druids and priests were forced to be healers but I can't remember what it was for Wrath.
7. Should we join a guild which is made for newbies?
8. Are there any zones we should avoid due to bugs, camping, etc?

Dinqt @ Kirin Tor
Dinqt
7 Gnome Rogue
welcome mate , hope u enjoy the wotlk and all this server has to offer

1. Are we using the old talent tree or is it similar to the current retail one?

1. exact wotlk old talent blizzlike

2. Do most players use the dungeon finder? I was hoping I could relive the journeying and exploring with my girlfriend (she started in BfA which is another major factor why I chose this server)

2. yes dungeon finder pops altho it pops notably more if u queue with a tank/healer tho

3. Is content still being added or has the staff more or less completed this huge project?

3. for now on server agalon ruby sanctum was lately released but , the progression system is there where u have to 'attune' older raids in order to progreess : naxx achievement in order to enter ulduar , ulduar achievment in order to do toc, ect.

4.Once my night elf has been unlocked from /say, where would the best location be to find players? I'm guessing it would be Stormwind?

4. any city , probs Stormwind is most populated yea (talking about "clasic" cities, otherwise Dlaran is the most populated) but u can type "/join global" to chat with ppl all over ur faction from any point in the world u are

5. Are the Vanilla and Burning Crusade raids still being played?

5. yes even tho lvl cap is 80 some people farm old raids be it for achievement , warglaives farm , twink gear , old fashion stuff to wear around and be shiny

6. As a druid and a priest, which spec do players want from us for dungeons and raids? I know during retail druids and priests were forced to be healers but I can't remember what it was for Wrath.

6. play anything u like , but if u want very fast dungeon finder pops feral tank and healer would be awsom, altho any combo will do as long as u liek it , i guess feral tank + priest dps , or priest healer and druid dps is also good enough for dungeon pops

7. Should we join a guild which is made for newbies?

7. yes there are plenty guilds full of low lvl ppl that lvl up and have chill chat , if u like the social aspect of the game while leveling , otherwise u can just chill with no guild or even make your own

8. Are there any zones we should avoid due to bugs, camping, etc?

8. possibly stanglethorn vale last time i leveled has some amount of world pvp , other than that u will encounter some opposite factions here and there but not too much , but there is not a lot of world pvp or ganking in general . there are not a loto f bugged quest , loremaster is daoble and most zones work flawless

sorry for my bad english , if you need anything let me know mate
hf !

Grizilda @ Kirin Tor
Grizilda
1 Undead Warlock
Hi Dinqt, thanks for the feedback!

It sounds like how it was in retail then. I'm guessing Hellfire is a little campy for world pvp too?

Cheno @ Kirin Tor
Cheno

1 Tauren Druid
It happens from time to time but I don't think you should be too worried about it. World PVP is generally not happening that often.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.