Topic

How I XT

Kailective @ Kirin Tor
Kailective

1 Blood Elf Paladin
In response to Ed's(?) comment on Youtube about how I do XT. I said I'd post it here.

For XT, I split my team into 2 dps groups, Lock, Mage, Priest and Hunter in one group, 2x Eles and Boomy in the other. These groups stand stand about 20 yards from each other so light and dark debuffs only hit one group at a time. The holy pal stands behind and 20 yards away from these groups forming an equilateral triangle so that he is also out of range of them but won't ever have to move if he gets the debuff. Tank grabs XT and holds him so he is 20 yards from the 2 dps groups so he will be in range of heals but out of range of debuffs on those groups. DK melees from right behind the boss.

In P1, if anyone in the dps groups gets a debuff I switch to their window quickly and run them out of range.
When he throws a tantrum I get all hybrids to spam heal. Priest does holy nova to heal all of his group.

When I hit P2 I pop a BL and all offensive CDs and smash his heart.
Usually at this point he just pops in and out of heart phase a few times. I just keep the DPS up on him and tank grabs the big adds.

So basically, careful positioning, quick character switching, hybrid aoe healing, max dps possible (hence only 1 healer and 1 tank.)

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
When you beat him last did he have the 50% buff that he has now?

Last time I tried him I went for 1 tank 2 heals and 1 tank 3 heals but all were stacked and tantrum was hard to survive when bombs coincided. Must try him again.

Ty for the help!

Kailective @ Kirin Tor
Kailective

1 Blood Elf Paladin
What 50% buff?
I haven't done him for at least 3 months, probably more. Didn't see anything in the changelog in that time though.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
The ulduar bosses have increased health compared to retail

Kailective @ Kirin Tor
Kailective

1 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh yeah, done him on Algalon a few times, so I guess so.

I'll have to head back in and see if I can make some more progress. I got stuck on the Keepers.

Has anyone got Razorscale or Ignis 10 boxing yet? If so, what strat?

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
Not that I know of. Haven't tried them on Dalaran yet, been busy pvp'ing recently.

Multiboxing @ Kirin Tor
Multiboxing

1 Gnome Rogue
So sad you don't play anymore bud ☺ Let me know if you come around again I think you're still in Female solo Gaming with your Druid

Multiboxing @ Kirin Tor
Multiboxing

1 Gnome Rogue
Razorscale and Ignis are on farm along with IC, kolo and Auria, still struggling on Freya and Thorim ☺️

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.