Topic( Locked )

Thoughts and Votes from the players about RDF release.

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Edited by Malkavia on 2014-11-19 14:00:29
greetings,

as you probably know, the rdf system is planned to be released with the correspondant content patch. however, we have received too many suggestions regarding this matter asking to release it sooner than expected without the emblem rewards.

as we have always stated, we listen to the community and we appreciate your ideas. so, we would like to know which are your thoughts about releasing the rdf system now, during the next few weeks.

regards.

edit: all the players have now the right to vote on this newly made poll, here . after the voting period has ended (18th november), the outcome of the rdf activation shall be announced.

Fayee @ Kirin Tor
Fayee
1 Troll Priest
Edited by Fayee on 2014-11-09 02:30:45
As someone who leveled when Algalon opened, i was very excited about the way the community was working together to walk to everything, the pvp possibilities it opened at the entrance of dungeons and all that.
I remember speaking that i wouldnt mind that RDF was never activated. But a very wise person (that i unfortunately dont remember who it was) said that, its all nice only because everyone is still leveling, RDF will come by the time it is needed.

I am now leveling another toon and would love the help of RDF, since its so hard to get a dungeon made, i have to spam everyone from the dungeon bracket and get lucky to find a tank + heal, and when the group is ready no one is willing to summon...

Without mentioning people i know that would play here but "only if i can spam dungeons while leveling".

My suggestion is to activate RDF only for lvl 15-79 players.

Vepar @ Kirin Tor
Vepar

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Vepar on 2014-11-09 03:49:36
This topic has been Discussed so much and so many Valid points have been presented over the past year (even before the server was released). I will Try to Remember a few and present them here as neatly as possible.

-From a Marketing standpoint.
Even the fact that RDF was not active for this long has Hurt the possible population of this server. There is no denying that a certain number of ppl Do not wish to play here Because the feature is not enabled. And a certain number of new players who join the server see that the feature is not active and assume that the server doesn't have a functioning RDF system, and that is a big letdown ofc.

-More Activity.
As an active raider i have no use for this feature, nor do i require any gear / emblems from any of the Dungeons. But Other than Raiding there is Noting else to do so i spend my time AFK in dalaran (like most ppl do), From time to time i join a Random Group of new players and help them do a few Dungeons when i am Bored. and it is my opinion that i would do this allot more often if i didnt have to go through the tedious process of making the groups.

-Being Teleported to the Dungeon.
One of the Big Arguments why RDF is a bad thing is that it removes the aspect of going into the world, and exploring. But come on, it has been 6 whole years (5 days short of Exactly 6 years) since Wotlk was released, Traveling to the dungeon doesn't involve exploration, or interacting with the world since most ppl just teleport, Fly or get summoned to dungeons anyway. At this point its is just a Time sink that could be used doing something productive.

-Bad Manners.
Another argument for the RDF system being bad is that ppl start developing a bad attitude (being dicks) in RDF. But this wasn't the case till Blizzard introduced Cross Realm RDF, and lets face it, the bigger the community the shittier it is. Dalaran is a small Community, ppl will have to be nice.

-Suggestions.
If you are going to enable the system. there has to be a working penalty for leaving RDFs. (not avoidable by alt f4-ing or whatever.)

Another suggestion is something i mentioned a while back. And i would really encourage u to think about this.
if the Devs are up for it, u could script RDF (or just normal dungeon runs) as part of the progression, for example, You need to Complete a Dungeon on Normal b4 u Unlock it as Heroic, and after that u can even spill into raids, that a person needs to have All (or a certain number) of heroics done b4 he can enter naxx...etc

I will leave u with my genral opinion that enabling RDF is a Good thing, and not just for 1-79 but for all.

if i remember something more i will add it later on (its 5am here and im kinda tired)

Todoran @ Kirin Tor
Todoran
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Edited by Todoran on 2014-11-09 14:51:45
I dont see any good reason why you guys dont unable it, please unable it its a + not a - and ppl that say they don't want it... ok BE FREE NOT TO USE IT! For the rest of us please ENABLE RDF. It is not going to ruin the progresive experience in any way. Its blizzlike, its ussefull whe whant it bad and new ppl are confused why it dosent exists here and its many times recived by new players that never played patches below 3.3.5a by being a bug. When i first joined here i was very disapoinded that the RDF was "after my first inpresion" Buged. :(

pretty_please_cat-1.jpg

@ Kirin Tor

All Races All Class
Please enable it.

On a small community, the ability to join dungeons quickly is key on the growth of the realm. Giving you a small example, I leveled a Paladin to be a TANK, but since I never can find groups needing tanks, I rarely play my Paladin. Having RDF would make finding a group to tank ON much easier and would get me playing online much more time.

Also, from the leveling PoV, RDF impacts positively, specially in a place where, incredibly enough, low lv dungeons work. That is a major attraction for players leveling and players outside of the server. I personally think It is a WASTE to have so much low level content in such perfect conditions, when It could be being used every hour, just being engaged by premade groups.

Overall, I think RDF was an addition with a massive positive impact on World of Warcraft, and unlike LFR, It didn't dumb content down, it just made it easier to access, and In my opinion, one of the most important things a game must have is that is EASY to acess things while the difficulty has many levels. RDF allows this.

Please, Please, enable it.

Clemency @ Kirin Tor
Clemency
1 Human Rogue
Enable it.

I can only see positives come from it on this server

Ordo @ Kirin Tor
Ordo

10 Human Warlock
Since the population is pretty small I dont think we need RDF for Northrend dungeons. HOWEVER it would help leveling players a lot if they had RDF available for vanilla and tbc content as it is hard to form up a group when leveling.

Lepa @ Kirin Tor
Lepa

1 Blood Elf Priest
Either enable RDF or keep the Refer a Friend more advertised, as most of the people playing on the server don't even know about it. Even tho RAF is optional as you rely on the 2nd person, while RDF is just pure grindfest till the end.
As Vepar stated, there should be some kind of punishment for leaving RDF so it won't turn into crap.

I think it would bring us a lot of new players, so why not to give it a try.

I would also like to present an idea regardless PvP, wich we could discuss through this topic as well wich is: enabling the PvP titles like Grand Marshal etc. It will surely make people play battlegrounds, wich will also be followed by more people actively doing the arenas. It is not that far from blizzlike, you won't be able to buy them anyhow, so it's a considerable idea in my opinion.

Jakethegreat @ Kirin Tor
Jakethegreat
1 Human Warrior
I'm new, and I wish you would enable. It would help a lot.

Ginxy @ Kirin Tor
Ginxy

2 Blood Elf Rogue
Edited by Ginxy on 2014-11-09 12:01:15
Please release RDF without the emblem rewards and without any level limitation. And when TOC arrives, enable them, of course. Another benefit of releasing it is less spam in global ;)

Thank you.

Dinqt @ Kirin Tor
Dinqt
7 Gnome Rogue
enable it , without rewards eof eot (if its not too much work , otherwise keep the rewards but wipe emblems before next patches release) , keep the low lvl bags and exp as rewards ofc. my reasons :

- leveling guys will have an alternate comfortable option to lvl if they dnt like questing a lot
- newcomers wont leave the server right away thinking rdf is broken
- it would bring more population specially low lvl pop (atm huge part of the pop is level 80s)
- it would get u to know more ppl u wouldnt have met without the feature (specially in low level ranges)
- no more questions in global "rdf is broken ??"
- no offense , but if u dont like rdf system none forces u to use it
- lvl 80 slackrs in dalaran who are bored , would que for some shits n giggls

cant think of anything else but i only see positive things. some say rdf kills the social part of the game , wtf? like u cant group up 5 ppl for a dungeon without rdf via global , and then stay quiet for the whole run...

pce my two cents

Mindgames @ Kirin Tor
Mindgames
1 Undead Priest
I would see it being a good additional in features on the server. It doesn't effect Algalon as it did on retail where you didn't care who joined your Dungeon because it was 99% randoms and being harsh to someone that is random doesn't really effect your reputation on your own server- here it will.

Conrad @ Kirin Tor
Conrad
80 Human Warrior
I don't see anything bad in enabling rdf here since everybody knows everyone and nobody wants to be labeled as ninja or a loot whore by the rest of the community.

Nevens @ Kirin Tor
Nevens
1 Gnome Mage
Yes please enable it, at least for the 15-79 toons if not for everything.

Somebody @ Kirin Tor
Somebody
1 Blood Elf Paladin
If you enable the RDF i would like to see the Combat bug fixed, only due to if i get having to alt f4 out of the game, then reloading it chances are ill get booted from the RDF and then I will be stuck with a Debuff.

Klooj @ Kirin Tor
Klooj
1 Troll Mage
im with the masses on this one rdf would only serve to strengthen the server as a whole and i agree with somebody that combta bug should be adresed aswell

Arandor @ Kirin Tor
Arandor
1 Human Warrior
Don't see the harm in releasing it now, it's a great option for those who are lvling alts, so please do enable it.

Gomphi @ Kirin Tor
Gomphi

10 Troll Warrior
I too would like to see it enabled & I personally would find it really cool if it followed the progression for 80s like we would have to do to by joining dungeons in any other way as well. If that isn't possible atm for the progression then until it is I would disable it for 80s. I agree that it would be nice to have new players stay because it is enabled & keep those that are struggling to level in ranges that don't have many players. We have the same thing now for BGs & in classic you had to walk to the portals for the BG to que in it. As many others have mentioned before me, there's no harm in it. I'm just thinking of the progression for the 80s that makes this server great, not just some level to 80 get some crafted gear & let's farm icc private server which I don't wanna be part of. All the other toons, let them have it for sure.

Uracinvites @ Kirin Tor
Uracinvites
1 Blood Elf Warlock
i would say release it asap

Andrai @ Kirin Tor
Andrai

1 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought I posted already. But maybe the issues meant it didn't post, or the forum DB was rolled back. Either way, let's see if I can explain myself again.

To me, when RDF went live on retail I was playing until some stupid hour and enjoyed it greatly. Then, I had some business trip for a week so didn't get to play at all. When I returned the whole system had become this anonymous non speaking rude process. In just 1 week.

As we know, the knock-on effect on the community was terrible as a whole. I returned to retail on a 7 day code blizzard sent me. The community in trade and so-on is even more toxic than when I last played in April.

However, I don't think this applies here. It's still 1 (maximum of 2) realms. So, everyone knows each-other. So, you can't use RDF and stay anonymous. You will still be on the same realm as everyone else.

Essentially it's just going to speed up the process that's already going on in global chat. So, to me the advantages are:

1: I don't need to be monitoring global or instigating instance runs in global all the time. I can queue and get on with other things until the group is formed.

2: Global will have less of these adverts, since people will mostly be quietly queueing. So, global can go back to Barrens chat MKII. :P

The only bad side I can think of, is that is does mean people aren't travelling around the open world as much as they could be. But, really - with epic flying people were zipping around anyway.

TL;DR: It's a yes from me.

Magohoy @ Kirin Tor
Magohoy
1 Human Paladin
As a 69 dps thats never seen the inside of a dungeon (except when farming cloth from low level instances) I would really like to get the RDF up and running.

Kravaubiec @ Kirin Tor
Kravaubiec
2 Tauren Warrior
Relese RDF with exp and bag reward , but only till 70 level.

Fleshburns @ Kirin Tor
Fleshburns
3 Undead Rogue
I probably won't use it much, because face it, questing with 2 looms and recruit-a-friend is much more efficent way to level alts, but please enable it.

I'm tired of the question: "IS RDF BROKEN?!!!??"

Clemency @ Kirin Tor
Clemency
1 Human Rogue
Release it and keep the exp and bag rewards. It's probably more difficult to remove these than it is to keep them and the items become redundant after a few levels anyway.

RFD is a tanks best friend, and I'm currently 50something. Would be great to have it up and running before I grind to 80 ;)

Conflux @ Kirin Tor
Conflux

1 Night Elf Warrior
Hello, Don't enable it
As i am concerned if "we" the already 80 players did lvled w/o the rdf System, why should the others? enable it when ToC and TogC will come out.
Also, we're all sick of cry babies with "why the rdf doesnt WORK", its working, but not enable, move your damn asses to the Dungeon if you want your quests to be done and the las case, the achievement.

Kazzdel @ Kirin Tor
Kazzdel

1 Tauren Druid
Edited by Kazzdel on 2014-11-11 13:28:21
^ Literally, "Fuck you, got mine."

It should be released as soon as possible. Running random low-level dungeons is one of the few appeals of levelling an alt. It's also something a lot of new members in our guild ask about. It's presence makes for a much more appealing server when advertising to potential new players.

The argument that rdf creates a toxic player-base doesn't apply when there's only one server to draw players from.

Ghery @ Kirin Tor
Ghery
1 Tauren Shaman
^ +1000 Kazzdel.

Most of the newcomers think RDF is broken and leave right away (deal with it, people barely read before jumping straight into the game).

x1 rates, no RDF, restrictions & more restrictions -> general harm of the server imo

I'm sure most of the people just want a bug-free WoTLK server without so many restrictions (I'd play on Kirin Tor but it's empty..) if they really wanted to "live" the progression, wouldn't they be playing here already?

I see the potential this server has, and I literally beg you, don't let it all go to waste.

TL;DR - Enable RDF asap and get rid of hardcore restrictions when Algalon reaches its peak of progression (buff up the old content so that it won't be faceroll with higher tiers, but that's it)

Kookaburra @ Kirin Tor
Kookaburra

8 Human Paladin
Reading through all the points kept making me think, what could possibly be wrong in implementing RDF. I mean, apart from not being exactly Blizzlike, it definitely seems like a decent thing to do.

But Conflux opened my eyes. He made me realize how much I would hate being randomly drafted into a dungeon with a tool such as him :

Go ahead, enable it for the greater good. Maybe it could be coded in a way that players on your /ignore don't get drafted with you?

Healme @ Kirin Tor
Healme
1 Gnome Mage
Edited by Healme on 2014-11-11 16:25:33
I feel like most people that are against it are so, because they don't want to experience the problem of people dropping out after they get their gear from the one boss they wanted to kill.

I think a lot of people are right in saying that since this is not going to be cross-server, and a smaller community, this won't be as big of an issue.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I think some sort of rating system could help stop people from doing this. How I envision this is after the final boss, or after the party breaks up ,you have the option to rate the other members 1-10. Then each players gets an average score that other people can see in the Dungeon Finder before the group gets started. Or the people with higher scores could get higher priority in the queue. Again, not sure if it's feasible to add this into RDF or not, but it could help prevent ninja looting.

Vepar @ Kirin Tor
Vepar

80 Blood Elf Paladin
@Kookaburra. On trinity core. If one of the 5 ppl in a party is on an ignore list of any of the other 4. The queue woulnt work. So im assuming this is already in the code. Not sure though

Exile @ Kirin Tor
Exile

26 Undead Warlock
I vote for YES!
Let's have that thing up!

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
all the players have now the right to vote on this newly made poll, here . after the voting period has ended (18th november), the outcome of the rdf activation shall be announced.

Fayee @ Kirin Tor
Fayee
1 Troll Priest
Enable RDF asap is crushing the poll!

QCFJixw.gif

Gromkaar @ Kirin Tor
Gromkaar

1 Orc Warrior
Edited by Gromkaar on 2014-11-11 21:47:16
Although I really appreciate the "Blizz-like" aspect of this server, I must admit, the RDF feature would be really useful.

Barroran @ Kirin Tor
Barroran

1 Human Rogue
enable it, i hope you do. if you enable it, it will help the growth of this new server, and then you would obviously get more people. it would help new players get into dungeons and what not. i have an idea, say if they came from, hmm idk, truewow private server (not advertising) they would want to level a toon with the dungeon finder, because truewow doesnt have this i think, someone correct me if you want on this, but people want to experience most of the dungeons pre-cata. but some downsides on the rdf enablement. people would join just to ninja stuff, people would leave just for fun, etc... the majority wants the rdf enabled. do it dalaran-wow. make the right decision

Skinrot @ Kirin Tor
Skinrot
1 Night Elf Druid
I think that RDF will help a lot. If you have a tight group of friends, you don't need it. But if you don't have a group of 5 that you hang with or play at a lower population time, its a must.

Also. while leveling I love to do all instances, but its really hard to get a group going, since most don't want to sit there waiting for the groups. Also, after nex/AN/OK/Gun, nothing is really done. I guess everyone smells 80 and don't want to stop for it.

For the guys that don't want it.. Um. just don't use it??

Besides, we should do anything we can to grow the population.

Noven @ Kirin Tor
Noven
1 Troll Priest
Edited by Noven on 2014-11-12 01:26:42
The problem I have isn't so much that RDF isn't activated, but that the daily heroic also isn't there. I understand that the server is 3.3.5a and that's why, but as an NA alliance player it's already hard enough to get emblems, let alone efficiently.

I don't personally want raid/dungeon finder until the release of totc but since you're a lot more likely to release it than to implement working pre-3.3.5a dailies (a fair deal of work) it's a more understandable compromise.

It would probably generate more heroic groups if not more raid groups. If you dont implement it, eh, WotLK is already really easy/quick to efficiently gear up if you know what to do (even on a progressive server) so that's alright too.

Martin @ Kirin Tor
Martin
No Characters

Ghery
1 Tauren Shaman
No Guild

^ +1000 Kazzdel.

Most of the newcomers think RDF is broken and leave right away (deal with it, people barely read before jumping straight into the game).

x1 rates, no RDF, restrictions & more restrictions -> general harm of the server imo

I'm sure most of the people just want a bug-free WoTLK server without so many restrictions (I'd play on Kirin Tor but it's empty..) if they really wanted to "live" the progression, wouldn't they be playing here already?

I see the potential this server has, and I literally beg you, don't let it all go to waste.

TL;DR - Enable RDF asap and get rid of hardcore restrictions when Algalon reaches its peak of progression (buff up the old content so that it won't be faceroll with higher tiers, but that's it)

(buff up the old content so that it won't be faceroll with higher tiers, but that's it)

THAT AND THAT ! That the only thing i want to see .... Buff up old content give gear same level as ICC and you will achieve more than what blizzard did.

Xrhstos @ Kirin Tor
Xrhstos
No Characters
RDF will be the perfect reason for ppl to join ..I see all the time in global new low lvl ppl asking is RDF on yet bla bla bla .

I VOTE YES for the RDF release more ppl will join

Lunadic @ Kirin Tor
Lunadic
1 Human Paladin
I suggest the voting can add "Enable with limitation" option and let voter can write Limitations.
Such like as "Enable it until lv70" or "Disable teleport to dungeon" or "Remove bag reward"

Todoran @ Kirin Tor
Todoran
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Edited by Todoran on 2014-11-12 10:21:49
I say YES to RDF i say NO MORE to chat spam. Well.... most ppl say YES when are u going to add it?

Magohoy @ Kirin Tor
Magohoy
1 Human Paladin
I think it sould be enabled, for all levels.
The fact of the matter is that that with a lowpop server such as Algalon, it's too hard to find a group at this point.

Though, I think you should add the limitation that you have to discover the entrance to a dungeon to be able to queu for it.

Ashbringers @ Kirin Tor
Ashbringers
1 Human Paladin
My only issues is if RDF is enabled you need to fix the Dungeon XP gain, right now you get the same XP from normal mobs outside instances as you do inside.

RAF makes the dungeon XP gain slightly correct it is a little high, and rested XP makes it slightly to low still, it is some where inbetween the two.

I think this is just a core issues with XP from ALL Elite/Rare Elite mobs.

I don't think RDF should be enabled unless that is corrected, because it is used for leveling, but what is the point in using it if you get the same exact XP outside? It would be as dead as loltens I fear.

Delaryon @ Kirin Tor
Delaryon

19 Blood Elf Hunter
I think RDF should be released when ToC comes out, after all, this is blizzlike and that's how it is supposed to be. And please, those arguments about bringing pop together or apart make no sense either if it is not released or if it is.

Vathdr @ Kirin Tor
Vathdr
8 Blood Elf Paladin
Imo, it should be enabled for the pre-Northrend instances, and maybe the Northrend normals, but definitely not the heroics.

Agronub @ Kirin Tor
Agronub
1 Human Warrior
im all for the RDF; I use to play on a different wotlk server years ago (it has been closed for several 3+ years now), that had the RDF enabled AND ALSO only 3.1 content although it was also a 3.3.5a server. the way that they managed it was, on the emblem drop, they changed it to all wotlk 5man normal in the RDF gave 1x EoH after killing last boss, on HCs, every boss gave 1x EoH and last boss of the HCs gave 1x EoH and 1x EoV, which in turn, protected the progression about as much as possible, as nobody could farm enough to actually "skip" the raids necessarily, I suppose it could have been done but why would anyone waste weeks or months farming HCs just to skip naxx? also should point out, that they removed all the ICC 5s and the ToC5 from the RDF completely, they weren't even on the list, although I have no clue how hard it would be to do something similar. but anyway, on that server having the RDF kept ppl active and doing things, it kept guilds active, and it attracted a lot of players (that servers downfall was their devs inability to open new content in any sort of timely manner, they spent 1.5 years on naxx alone b4 it was opened, then another 1.5 years on ulduar, and were at 1 year on ToC 10 when the server closed).

Insigniak @ Kirin Tor
Insigniak

2 Gnome Warlock
I play wow since beggining of this year and I'm already fckin done with leveling,takes too much time really...finding group is almost impossible...RDF is nice tool for server of this population...

Kimberleyx @ Kirin Tor
Kimberleyx
7 Night Elf Druid
ETA on you enabling the RDF?

I just started leveling and i`m tired of just doing quests 24/7 and i can't organize a group for a dungeoun hence noone wants to walk hundred miles with the posibility of constant wipes and waste of time and energy.

I strongly suggest your enable the RDF.

Thanks.

Uracinvites @ Kirin Tor
Uracinvites
1 Blood Elf Warlock
yup an ETA would be nice , got a new project lining up and really want to use the rdf to level them

Todoran @ Kirin Tor
Todoran
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Hell Yeah! Good call guys! ETA please :D

Augur @ Kirin Tor
Augur
1 Dwarf Warrior
Let's at least see the results of the vote before asking for an ETA... the voting period ends in three days. Be patient guys!! I'm sure Malkavia will give an update then.

Djordje @ Kirin Tor
Djordje
No Characters
So, i guess you can make that announcement now... :)

Plainfeather @ Kirin Tor
Plainfeather
Hail!

The voting period ended yesterday (18th November) so all the votes done today and onwards shall not make any difference towards the final results of the poll, which are as follows:

- Enable RDF as soon as possible -> 56,92%
- Do not enable RDF -> 28,31%
- Enable RDF after ToC release -> 8,41%
- I don't mind when RDF is enabled -> 6,36%

It seems like a vast majority of the community wants the RDF system enabled, so we'll announce shortly the exact date of the release, stay tuned on this thread.

Thanks!

Plainfeather @ Kirin Tor
Plainfeather
All the information about the upcoming RDF release can be found here.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.