Topic

Is it too late?

Shroomatic @ Kirin Tor
Shroomatic

1 Draenei Shaman
Want to find out if its too late in the progression to join a raid team? Im not certain how the progression works exactly but if icc is being released soon then im worried i wont get a chance to join a guild/raid team before the progression starts over again. Are my worries justified?

Vatroslav @ Kirin Tor
Vatroslav
80 Blood Elf Warlock
It is not too late, ICC has been released, next patch will be RS. The progression works in the following manner: You need to clear Naxx10/25 to be able to do Ulduar10/25, you need Ulduar10/25 to be able to do ToC10/25, and you need ToC10/25 to do ICC10/25. If you find a good guild with friendly people they will organize the attunement runs for lower tier raids, and you can always find pugs via global chat. The emblems you receive from heroics also scale with your current progression level. All in all don't worry about being left behind there are still a lot of new people on Algalon that are attuning their characters, not to mention the alts of existing raiders. The most difficult brick wall for you will be Ulduar, and you will most likely gonna do it a couple of times clearing different parts of it due to the ratio of your gear and the difficulty of the raid itself. As far as classes/roles go, I am guessing a good healer or a good tank is always in demand, but if you like dps more you will find room in raids as well.

Shroomatic @ Kirin Tor
Shroomatic

1 Draenei Shaman
Thanx alot man. Im lvling a shaman for healing. On alliance. Im not sure about the populations of different factions. But im also gonna boost a tank. Either warrior or pally

Vatroslav @ Kirin Tor
Vatroslav
80 Blood Elf Warlock
No problem, anytime ;)
I think alliance has a bit less people than horde, but Algalon is quite populated so you don't have to worry. In my experience every pug raid is always looking for at least one shaman of any role because of the totems and whatnot so your choice of class is awesome for getting in pug raids and any other. As for tanking, I personally love to have a warrior tank in a raid, but have in mind it is probably the hardest one to master out of the 3 common tanks (druid,pala,warr).

Shroomatic @ Kirin Tor
Shroomatic

1 Draenei Shaman
I was playing a druid tank in legion. Doing mythic content. But way back when wotlk was still a new thing i was a warrior tank. So will go back to my roots! Wrathfull and relentless pvp sets are the best looking sets in the game (imo).... dont know if i can transmog on wotlk tho :)

Vatroslav @ Kirin Tor
Vatroslav
80 Blood Elf Warlock
You can't, transmog was implemented in Cata, and I think in the second patch even, but warrior gear looks pretty cool as it is :)

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.