Topic

Exploiters in WG

Treebag @ Kirin Tor
Treebag
2 Night Elf Druid
I know it's just WG and exploits have been rampant in WG for months, but can staff actually start punishing people who are exploiting vehicles and cannons in WG? Can the Devs start fixing these exploits after ICC is released? It's a bit ridiculous to see the same person in the same bugged cannon match after match. When there's two people it's even worse.

Opening a ticket results in the ticket going to "Your ticket will be serviced soon" for a week while the person you're reporting continues to exploit. When it gets closed, the person is still remains exploiting in WG.

Enough is enough. It's time to fix the exploits and start punishing people who blatantly abuse them in PvP.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/input-and-assistance/community-support/topic/7262/wintergrasp-exploiters

Still no fix, still people doing it. Awesom been doing it since *at least* September 2015.

https://youtu.be/Tl7JOaRnrCU - 1st May 2017

https://youtu.be/D6HTg4faP8M - 17th May 2017

Treebag @ Kirin Tor
Treebag
2 Night Elf Druid
Perhaps I should edit my post to say "exploits have been rampant in WG for years" since it would be accurate. You have video proof, I've opened a ticket with screenshots. Still staff does nothing.

I seen two members of KYS in two separate WGs. One realized that the cannon was bugged and played it legit after that. The other, mage by the name of Kylesa, just kept jumping back in over and over. Sixpathsage from another guild I've seen in as well.

I didn't want to call people out, but if that's how we get staff's attention, so be it.

Crocro @ Kirin Tor
Crocro

6 Orc Warrior
Edited by Crocro on 2017-05-26 05:47:38
Some people just mount up a turret and use it not knowing it is bugged. They then realize it takes no dmg so ofc they stay, it's dumb no to. It stays bugged like that from the previous use, the people who can call forth this state of the cannons are the problem like Awesom, he can do it to any turret, even the ones in the keep.

Treebag @ Kirin Tor
Treebag
2 Night Elf Druid
Some people just mount up a turret and use it not knowing it is bugged.

When the same person in the previous WG match who was using the bugged cannon jumps into it 2 seconds into the next match, that's where the issue lies. Sixpathsage and Rylesa have both repeatedly jumped into the cannon knowing it's bugged. When you go to an area where they can't reach you, they jump out and attack you from range. As soon as you head towards them to attack them, they jump back into the cannon again because they know they can't die in the cannon and they know the cannon won't die. These people are fully aware of what they are doing.

That's why I didn't name the other person in KYS. That person realized that the cannon was bugged and played legit. In the next WG match, they were in a completely different cannon even though the bugged one was available.

It's baffling how you think it's okay to continue using an exploit once the person realize it's an exploit.

Crocro @ Kirin Tor
Crocro

6 Orc Warrior
So basically you are telling me that, beacuse one of your fellow teammates (awesom) bugged that turret no one else should be able to use it anymore ? The turret you are most talking/beeing salty about is probs the one in the front on East tower. Ok lemme ask you this then: What other turret should the defender use then? There are no other usable turrets to begin with, in the back of east tower there are no turrets and the turrets on top are useless aswell so you can basically drive a catapult behind the tower and the defender can' do anything, is that play legit ? No you are exploiting the bug that makes it that there are no turrets in the back. Or should the defender try and defend against one or even more siegevehicles on foot ? Yeah sure not everybody is a paladin that can bubble when needed or simply heal back up with any class that offers selfhealing. It's funny seeing the horde which uses every means for victory crying about the aftereffect of their own exploits. If you use it, why shouldn't we ?

Treebag @ Kirin Tor
Treebag
2 Night Elf Druid
What I'm telling you is that you're delusional if you think that awesom is the only person on the entire server that knows how to bug the turret. What I'm telling you is that if there are no turrets, use teamwork to defend against the catapults that are trying to destroy the towers. I've seen Ed and other people use it quite effectively. If you can't figure it out, I'm sure Ed can give you some tips. He's lead numerous WG premades to victory without using exploits.

When I see a group of Alliance sieges coming to the keep, I also see a bunch of Horde working as a team to kill the sieges. I see druids, paladins and shamans healing the people who destroy the sieges. I see the same teamwork that Ed uses to win matches. Going against a group of sieges as a single person is a quick way to the graveyard, it's only useful for dropping the combat bug. Raid chat exists for a reason. Spam the hell out of it to get Alliance to defend.

As far as the Horde "uses every means for victory," the Alliance is doing it too. What's disappointing is seeing Alliance justify their use of it when Horde does it. Bottom line is both sides are guilty of exploiting. Neither faction uses it more than the other, they both use it equally. I'm not okay with any of it. I'd like for GMs to take a more proactive approach towards this and start banning people for it. I'd like for staff code the exploits out so it can't be done again.

Again, it's baffling how you think it's okay to continue using an exploit once the person realizes it's an exploit. Are you either kylesa or sixpathsage trying to justify your exploiting? It doesn't really matter honestly but I do thank you for bumping to this to the top again with your justification of exploits only in hopes that maybe a staff member will take notice of it for once.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.