Topic

Paladins + Hand of Justice, will there ever be a fix?

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
It's becoming shameful, especially on the PvP scene, to see so many paladins openly abusing the bugged mechanics. Everybody knows about this and there is still NO SOLUTION FOR IT. Like Retardins needed more help in the expansion that made them the most spoiled op class.

I suggested on previous posts and tickets that, if it's not possible to script this properly, at least DO SOMETHING, like warning people about not exploiting this, punishing it, disabling the trinket, removing it from game until fixed... ANYTHING!
Weeks and months pass and there is nothing about it, like there is no attention at PvP at all. Honestly, is it so much to ask to spend a moment to have a look at this? And if staff and many players don't care about PvP –which is totally fine and understandable– could you please AT LEAST listen to the ones who enjoy this important part of the game?

I have countless screenshots of players using this item (lvl 53 Trinket), despite being lvl 80 and geared in Wrathful Set. Also, conversations in which the very own Paladins admit there's a bug and that they are exploiting it. They are all at disposal of any GM or member of staff who may require them.

Please help us enjoy the game as it was meant to be.
Thanks a lot for your attention and support.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
TLDR: REEEEEEEEEEEE

Doodo @ Kirin Tor
Doodo
1 Orc Warrior
Only alliance uses it tho

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
Yeah, right.

kw5VgLV.jpg

Doodo @ Kirin Tor
Doodo
1 Orc Warrior
Mostly alliance* My bad

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
That is correct. I see it in much higher numbers on Alliance players.

Letswintrade @ Kirin Tor
Letswintrade
1 Tauren Shaman
dont worry they will fix something when loth decides to share his donation money with an actual dev instead of doing everything by himself and 2-3 more moderator peasants

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Horde also has more low IQ rets, wrong gear, talents, race. Back peddlers that HOJ my grounding totem 99.9% of the time. I play both factions and by far belf rets are literal retards.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Also it's a rare miracle that a ret assists a player, offheal, hand of freedom, dispel, blessing of protection etc, you'll never see belf rets besides alandi do anything to help anyone but themselves. Next time you fight a ret notice if he uses sacred shield or not, because I've noticed horde rets don't even bother to put it on.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
Horde and alliance use it just as much as each other. Stop being gay.

It's on the bug tracker and they said they will look into it. All we can do is wait.

Btw there are several other low level items broken like this, and some of them are not even shown on the combat log so you can't tell when it's being used against you.

Doodo @ Kirin Tor
Doodo
1 Orc Warrior
Ehm, no. Alliance uses it way more

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
I appreciate the comments, although 9 out of 10 are not really related or constructive.

About the exploit of THIS trinket in particular: Both factions use it, it doesn't matter the exact percent of toons involved or who is moar badder. Even if there was one only player, it's broken and it's wrong.

If this issue is –as commented up there– on the bugtracker, then that's good to know and there is not much to do about it. A post may haste things a bit, but there's nothing else to do than waiting.

@Edzero: yes, there are several other items broken whose effect is not shown on the log, but at least it would be nice to start with something, and the "brokeness" of this item on paladins is, so far, remarkable enough to mention again.

@Deathstep: it's unrelated, but yeah, I could say it's interesting (to put it in some way) that so many "Retardins" are not aware of the huge benefits and potential of their class as support. I mean, what can you expect when 99% of them fight on BG and raid with Crusader Aura on? Switching it is even mana-free, ffs. Then they wonder why that lock or DK killed them. XD

Paidipouwow @ Kirin Tor
Paidipouwow

5 Blood Elf Paladin
I understand that it is somehow unfair if used at a PVP situation, but on the other hand its fun using it on PVE situations. It is so amazing being top PDS with my (normally) 6.1k ret against fully stacked bis gear rets. And since most of them are "Retardins", they dont even bother inspecting and dont realise what is happening.
Also I think banning people for using it it is kind of too much; yes the item is much better than it was on retail on wotlk (although it was legitimately BIS on vanilla) but at the end of they day the effect is pretty much what the item description implies. It just happens that when using seal of command, the proc rate goes up by something like an order of magnitude :P

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
That's not the issue. The issue is that it should have a 2% proc rate at level 60 and it should see diminishing returns when used on characters higher than level 60.

At 80 it should have a proc rate of 0.67%.

It's not meant to proc on Seal of Command at all in this patch, the same goes for Bryntroll and Shadowmourne procs, and pretty much any "on hit" effects from items.

There is also an item that casters can exploit, which will make them effectively invulnerable when fighting melee opponents.

At this point too many people exploit them to issue bans, just fix the bugs and the problem disappears.

Paidipouwow @ Kirin Tor
Paidipouwow

5 Blood Elf Paladin
@Edzero So Seal of Command is not meant to proc 'on hit' effects ? ! :O Fixing this would be massive nerf for paladins.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.