Topic

Let's balance BG's 70-79!

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
Edited by Remuerto on 2019-08-14 18:28:48
Hello, fellow players.
As many of you, I enjoy a lot casual PvP and BGs and, since it's rather dead at lvl 80 in Algalon, I decided to create several toons to enjoy BGs at 70-79 bracket. I think there is a huge potential for fun at this bracket due to the balance of classes (except maybe for mummy's kids aka paladins) and for very long it has been great. In the last months I had a lot of fun and ended up with 4 alliance 79s (since my main toons are there), all different classes and specs. However, from some time to this part I start to notice a not-so-nice tendency.

Since Horde seems to be, in general, more focused on PvE and raiding, there are always a lot of players that just go for the XP boost in order to get as fast as possible to lvl 80. This makes the Horde side sensibly weaker and BGs start to lose the balance they used to. Alliance is now packed with twinks (or at least, toons properly geared with resilience and enchants) and Horde has, most of the times, just 2-3 twinks and the rest are levelers without any pvp gear.

Since what I enjoy the most are the balanced BGs and challenging fights (omg sometimes they can get so epic), I decided to create toons on horde side as well, and now I have 2 79's and a few more at 75-78. Despite my efforts, things are not changing and I keep on seeing boring BGs in which Alliance facerolls and people lose patience, interest and even manners. There's only a specific hour of the day in which BGs are actually interesting.

In order to solve this problem and provide the fun we used to have, I would like to suggest some possible solutions to fellow players and GM's, while at the same time I would like to hear your comments to the subject:

To the players:

- If you see the BGs are constantly too easy, challenge yourself and create a player on the other faction. There are known guilds that can help you to get geared fast.
- If BG is too easy and you can oneshot people, try going only for the ones on your level instead of the inoffensive ones.
- If your team wins too easy, try capping flags/bases quick and start a new BG instead of walking around to get a fistful of kills more. That is pretty lousy.
- If your team wins too easy, avoid mocking or sending emotes to lower players, like they had any chance to beat you. They will probably stop playing or end up disliking PvP in general (also for when they get to 80).
- If your team wins too easy, avoid camping graveyard, since that only discourages people to queue again and none of us will enjoy a BG for a while.

Of course, I understand these suggestions are not for everybody and many players want to win easily and only feel powerful when they kill with the press one button, but w.e.

To the GM's:

- Please pay attention to tickets and reports about hackers and players abusing the game. There are not many problems on this matter, but when it happens, it really sucks.
- Try to create exclusive BG's for players with stopped XP (no matter if they are 70 or 79). That way, the PvPers will have a real challenge and fun game and the levelers and non-twinks can also enjoy PvP and the XP-boost.
- Encourage faction-balance by stopping transfers to Horde at lvl 80 or to Alliance at 70-79.

I look forward to your replies and suggestions and I hope you all consider mine to improve the gaming experience for all of us.

See you in the battlefield!

Dachia @ Kirin Tor
Dachia
1 Human Paladin
"create exclusive BG's for players with stopped XP"

No.

Endersaveyou @ Kirin Tor
Endersaveyou

1 Human Warrior
Agreed with Dachia, don't rain down on us the punishment time revealed Bliz was capable of before that cancer's time.

Obro @ Kirin Tor
Obro

20 Human Paladin
I agree with that their should be more balance. Dont understand the twink armies on ally side having fun farming levelers. So would like to call some people to transfer to get more fun in the games played.
Dont think exlusive xp stopped games are a solution at all, every game has less and more geared people. As long as its balanced its fine.
And about the transfers. Make them free for everyone. Best way to get people to switch sides for either balance or just fun to play with a different race.

PVP is dying atm, people turning to (donate to play) warmane just for the player numbers. Dalawow only advantage is that you truly can play free here and only have to donate if you appriciate the game offered and want to contribute out of free will.

Would be nice if there was some more advertisement about that or any advertisement at all.

Obro @ Kirin Tor
Obro

20 Human Paladin
I agree with that their should be more balance. Dont understand the twink armies on ally side having fun farming levelers. So would like to call some people to transfer to get more fun in the games played.
Dont think exlusive xp stopped games are a solution at all, every game has less and more geared people. As long as its balanced its fine.
And about the transfers. Make them free for everyone. Best way to get people to switch sides for either balance or just fun to play with a different race.

PVP is dying atm, people turning to (donate to play) warmane just for the player numbers. Dalawow only advantage is that you truly can play free here and only have to donate if you appriciate the game offered and want to contribute out of free will.

Would be nice if there was some more advertisement about that or any advertisement at all.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
The issue brought up in this thread is a consequence of the underlying server overall population.
If the server population was healthy then the bg splits , among other things, would naturally regulate itself.

Lv 70 pp bracket is one of the two things remaining on this server that still breathes.

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
I am glad there was at least some reactions to this and would love to hear more suggestions. What I wrote up for players and staff were mere ideas and should be understood like that.

The idea of "separated BGs for twinks" is just that, an idea. Something to consider, to think upon and accept or reject. I try to put myself in the skin of other players, but don't particularly like it.

Some say Crossfaction could help pvp both on 70-79 and 80 bracket, but this is just a hypothesis. To me, this customization would be one of the less damaging to an already non-blizzlike realm. I mean, it would add something new but not destroy the game experience as it was meant to be in WotLK. And maybe this way there will be PvP at 80, which I would love to have.

Of course, SOME dedicated GMs/Mods towards the PvP aspect of the game would be very much appreciated. This includes staff taking measures when hackers, exploiters and wintraders are reported (this includes double logging for AFK alts, Arena "favors" and all that).

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
This is one of the results of having low population.
If say, the population were to double, then this issue would either dissapear or diminish considerably.

Therefore to fix it you have to look at the cause and work at that end.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.