Topic

79 bracket and twinks.

Flech @ Kirin Tor
Flech
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Edited by Flech on 2019-12-17 05:32:19
Dalaran pvp was alive thanks to twinks for long time, now that alliance is loosing their bgs you decide to disrespect twinks with the score and point system?. You are just encouraging people who loves to twink to move from this server. You should be looking for alternatives that makes alliance start to twink again so that you can include all kind of pvp and not ONLY 80.
For real guys, 5 points for 80 bracket bg win and 1 for the rest? seriously...? In my opinion with 2 points for 80s and 1 point for the rest can still work.
Lets make an inclusive server.

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
I think it's to make 80s BGs more popular, since most of the player base is 80, and not 70 to 79.

Tbf, twinking PvP destroyed 80 PvP.

Tarpor @ Kirin Tor
Tarpor

10 Blood Elf Paladin
'now that alliance is losing their bgs'
They literally just won the last week?
'disrespect twinks with the score and point system'
How is this disrespectful? Be happy you can atleast get points, in my opinion it should only be 80.

Also, the post says the points can change and they'll look at how it turns out the upcoming weeks.

For all the work they've put in and listened to the community, your post is the only disrespectful thing.

Flech @ Kirin Tor
Flech
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Tarpor, yes they won last week, and 80 pvp is a thing now. The problem is that Alliance lost a lot of their twinks. Horde is strong at 79 bracket now because we don't have too many levelers like we did time ago, and Alliance twinks used to farm those levelers from a more poppulated and active faction in the past, and not to play againts full twink teams like its happen now. I think what really this server needs is to attract more people, and you have twink guilds that they love to play pvp without the time investment on their gears that 80 characters need.
My post is to try and make this server different and more attractive from other 80 pvp servers, why news player would want to join here if its the same 80 pvp they can play on any other server that is more poppulated?. Yeah this tournament is a great idea and i am not telling the opposite, indeed its a great opportunity to attract more players and that is why i think twinks should be more consider on the tournament.

"Tbf, twinking PvP destroyed 80 PvP."
Please... is that an excuse? what does twink scene have to do with people not joining 80 bgs in the past? Nothing man.
I know some people don't like twinks because they were farmed when they were leveling, but that can happen at 80 too if you don't have good gear, i play on both brackets (80 and 79) and always wanted to play 80 bgs but people had no motivation to do in the past.

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
Edited by Dailynews on 2019-12-16 18:14:51
It's not an excuse.

You're staying at lvl 79, while you could make 80 PvP more popular by leveling up one more level.

Flech @ Kirin Tor
Flech
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Lol. You really think twink play 79 because they doesn't want to play 80?, Twink bgs sometimes are even better, and if you read well, i said that i play both, 79 doesn't exclude 80. Can you understand that?

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
Maybe if you learned to speak English properly, i would be able to understand what you're saying.

But i still disagree with you.

Flech @ Kirin Tor
Flech
1 Blood Elf Hunter
Speak english properly on an online forum, ok i guess that is typing?
Is this an english grammar forum or something?. And no i can't, my english just suck but as you said you can understand anyway.
Maybe it can be implemented to give rewards for both factions to players that does pvp (better for those who win), so people won't stop queue if their faction is loosing.
But please consider twinks, they love dala wow and they love to pvp.

Mcgurgle @ Kirin Tor
Mcgurgle

1 Undead Priest
Agree with Tarpor, 79 bracket should not be included at all. 1 point in comparison to 5 at 80 isn't the end of the world though. As the majority of the player base is 80, putting the focus on the 80 bracket is 100% the right thing to do.

Level 79 is only better for people who have no idea how to play the game at 80 - hard truth of the matter. Classes aren't played properly due to lack of spells learned at 80 e.g sacred shield, and lack of stats e.g mp5 for healers. Spending half the BG drinking is a non interactive experience.

@OP you're justifying the 79 bracket by saying there are less levelers now (implying the majority of people are 79), this is in no way different to level 80 then - people of the same level with PvP gear.

RE your comment about time investment for 80 gear - Relentless items can be bought with PvE emblems now, making the gear easier to get than ever. People can do some dungeons and raids and get the full set, including weapon. People in the past have had to use a PvE weapon if they couldn't reach 1800. Look at people like Sickbrain - 100k+ honour kills with a Naxx wep (xD).

The only suggestion I might have is providing Furious items for free or at a highly discounted honour / emblem cost. This will give players with less time / who play more casually / players leveling alts some incentive to Q as they will have enough resilience to be able to play properly.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.