Topic

PvP Titles

Kotal @ Kirin Tor
Kotal
1 Orc Shaman
Are there PvP title rewarded for those who do well in Battleground and Arena in Wotlk? If not, is it possible to add them?:D

Nikola @ Kirin Tor
Nikola
No Characters
there is arena titles ofc and i think 100 000 kills you get OF ALLIANCE ;)

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
do the regular pvp titles (sergeant, knight, stone guard , legionare) not work on here ?

Fayee @ Kirin Tor
Fayee
1 Troll Priest
Those "regular" pvp titles only existed in vanilla. Wotlk servers that have them are not blizzlike.

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
Edited by Arakis on 2015-01-27 16:16:19
Ah i see what you mean. Sure they are vanila ... however how does having a title change the 'blizzlike" characteristic?
Besides, how is it 'blizzlike' to be able to donate and get whatever gear ? Or how is it 'blizzlike' to be able to become a given level instantly? Or how is it 'blizzlike' to be able to log out instantly and not wait the 20 seconds?

What im saying is that 'blizzlike' is a relative concept and since a particular writing above a toon's head isnt game-breaking or influencing directly or indirectly either the mechanics or any other players it could just as well exist as it adds flavor to the content without damaging anything.

btw, im new to the server, came from a recently wiped out private server ... however i first played the game since the begining on retail vanila and it so happens that i had the gm rank on alliance side , man those honor grind days :P

edit:for some reason i cant change the avatar pic, is there a problem with the site?

Fayee @ Kirin Tor
Fayee
1 Troll Priest
Well... i have no problems against that system, its actualy a great idea since it motivates players to q rbg.
But adding non-blizzlike features to a 'blizzlike' server, one at a time, and you run the risk of getting a highly modded server under the mask of a blizzlike server.

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
Yes yes .. give people a finger then they expect the whole arm ... valid point of course.

That restraint and control would have to come from the server owners , how much and what would be enough and to what extent would servers be 'modded' while at the same time not endangering any aspects of the overall experience?

Still just some writing above a toon's head especially when it would be a legitimate way of earning it would only have positive implications - no negative.
Like you are saying , it could contribute to the increase in people who queue for pvp but more importantly, it would contribute for the overall server population.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.