Topic

A simple system to improve arena

Miles @ Kirin Tor
Miles

1 Human Paladin
Hey all, i have been playing in dalaran for some months and I love playing arena, even if sometimes it takes very much time to find another team queuing.
To solve this problem I have a proposal: why don't GM create a spam system that warns people each time a team queues 2s, 3s or 5s and is waiting for more than 2 mins?This system already exists for BGs (when they start), why don't reproduce it for arenas?
The text could be, for example:
2vs2 low rating (0-1500) game available
2vs2average rating (1500-2000) game available
2vs2 high rating. (2000+) game available.

I think it is easy to create it. I saw it in other servers I played in and it worked well. It is unbelievable that such a great population in Dalaran makes arena players wait all this time to play a game! :D

Cheers

Savj @ Kirin Tor
Savj
1 Human Rogue
I think that could be somewhat helpful and wouldn't hurt the essense of retail'ness in Dalaran.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
This was suggested in the past. Making PvP channel to announce arena ques is nice indeed.

Vepar @ Kirin Tor
Vepar

80 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a Good Suggestion but i have a better one for the High rated teams

a /hide command that makes u Appear as Offline to Everyone in Friends list and /who.
(Guildies can still see i guess).

This makes Dodging a bit harder Because i have Heard from several High rated teams that Other Teams are Avoiding them. for Example.

"person X" and "person Y" are Teammates in a Top Rated Arena Team. If u know you cant beat them, You just Don't queue whenever they are Online.

That's where the hide mechanic would Help.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
+1 for Vepar's suggestion :)

Savj @ Kirin Tor
Savj
1 Human Rogue
what is the purpose of hiding this way anyway? i dont get ppl who (if there are any) actually do that... :)

Tarpor @ Kirin Tor
Tarpor

10 Blood Elf Paladin
Because some matchups are skewed heavily in 1's team favor?

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
Aye! Some folk posted something actually good! What is happening on dalron? MILES FOR PREZ!

Riderofdeath @ Kirin Tor
Riderofdeath

1 Orc Hunter
Nice, +1.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.