Topic

Make 3v3 alive

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Hey,

I already suggested this months ago but now that the arena season has started, I would like to remind some ideas we had.

First, why 3v3 ? Well, I'm sure most of you know that it is clearly a lot more balanced compared to 2v2, that's why titles were given in 3s (and 5s) on retail. Plus it's just awesome to play, you can run setups with classes/specs usually useless in 2s and walk over "classic" comps ! Aaaand you can get S7 shoulders + T2 weapons in 3s ;)

The thing is, most people are afraid of playing 3s right now because only a few teams are queueing, which have already some experience in this bracket. Some of them also don't care at all about 3s because it's easier to get arena points in 2s (and rating requirement for most of the gear) but why is it easier ? Because more people queue... You get me ?

So... What if players would HAVE TO play 3s ? If rating requirements for gloves, legs, head and chest were only available in 3s like it is for shoulders ? I know it's not blizzlike but the population isn't blizzlike anyway, so the blizzlike argument doesn't stand. Plus it would be really easy to script, so it doesn't really add work for the staff.

Maybe this problem can be solved differently so I'm open to other suggestions !

Hakeem @ Kirin Tor
Hakeem
1 Human Priest
Maybe this problem can be solved differently so I'm open to other suggestions !
server advertisement

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Inc RMP shitters.

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Edited by Wonderbolt on 2015-12-13 15:07:55
Thank you for backing me up. Appreciate it.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
In que from 18-19.00 today st. Still waiting.
Requ

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
Dalron staff is really outnumbered atm. Even when they had enough to maintain their tasks they shit on pvp here. You could ask anything they won't bother with pvp issues unfortunately.

Buhman @ Kirin Tor
Buhman

1 Troll Rogue
Lets start by giving Holidayz his deserved title and fixing class breaking bugs. anothe rincentive for people to play 3s would be to lower the req on gear compared to 2s. since high rated people mostly dont give a damn anyway what rating it is because at 2200+ you have everything anyway

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
Agreed. Sadly, doubt they ever read posts in pvp topic...

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Yep I see that the staff hasn't changed at all. They still don't give a shit about the suggestions from the players.

Plainfeather @ Kirin Tor
Plainfeather
Hail!

I believe we've shown many times we listen the community. Anyways, I'd like to see what the overall PVP players think about this before push the suggestion to the rest of the staff.

Cheers!

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Thanks for finally answering ;)

Most of the PvPers are interested by playing 3v3 but, as it is kinda useless right now (because it doesn't help at all to get gear), they prefer to mainly queue 2v2 even though they're bored of playing in this bracket. I really don't see any drawback to move rating requirements from 2s to 3s.

Should we make a poll or something to see what PvP players think about this ?

Moltenlegend @ Kirin Tor
Moltenlegend

1 Undead Mage
Edited by Moltenlegend on 2015-12-17 02:00:59
Don't think that's a good idea at all.
It would be nice if more people would play 3v3 but with so few players being active on the server (and only few of them playing pvp) it can be hard to even get opponents in 2s (higher rated players should know what i mean).
By shifting rating requirements 2v2 would become the useless bracket as opposed to 3v3 since it even gives less arena points per week and with no gear to get with that 2v2 rating, there is really no point in playing 2v2 at all anymore...
As one of the higher rated players my opinion is that forcing everyone to play 3vs3 is not a good idea. There would be even less teams queuing at any given point and staying 30mins in a queue to get 3 points until the opponent team gets tired of losing and stop queuing is less fun than to play 2v2 if you ask me.

Edit: I would suggest implementing a 3v3 SoloQ like there is on AT. It would be accessable for everyone (at any level of play and without having to search for team members) and not tied to specific times in the week when there's at least a few teams queueing, although i have a feeling many players will have an issue with this idea since it's pretty far from blizzlike.

Jooy @ Kirin Tor
Jooy

1 Undead Mage
Edited by Jooy on 2015-12-17 00:31:38
How about making 3v3 more appealing by awarding something like 10 arena points per match won in 3v3. That might make people que more since they would then get their pvp items faster, especialy for low rated teams that don't get that many arena points per week in the first place. Just an idea :)

Stilios @ Kirin Tor
Stilios

1 Undead Warrior
I suggest introducing a 3s and 5s day, for example weekends when server is most populated. 10 arena pts is to much per win plus its not blizzlike.

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Thank you all for your suggestions !

First, Moltenlegend, I know what it is to wait hours in queue for only 2-3 matches, I've experienced this for more than a year. That's because of their 300 mmr limitation for 10 minutes which should be modified of course.
I feel like the arena scene on dalaran has never been that much alive, so it would be the right opportunity to test something different. Talking about high players, there is literally no point to queue in 2v2 for them, considering all the high rated items are obtainable in 3v3 this season. I don't see any problem about 2v2 becoming an useless bracket, that's what it became on retail. Of course there will be slighlty less teams queueing but in the end it won't change the waiting time to get queues. There will always be high teams queueing if you ask them to and, in my opinion, teams won't dodge like they do in 2v2 simply because 3v3 is a lot more skill-based bracket, there are no "counters" and setups you can't beat, even with less gear.

It would be a good idea Jooy but yeah I don't think the staff will never implement a change like this one. The 3s and 5s day won't change the problem, players will just keep queueing 2s because there would be no incentive to queue 3s.

Moltenlegend @ Kirin Tor
Moltenlegend

1 Undead Mage
2v2 is not a useless bracket at all, all the gear is obtainable from 2vs2 except for shoulders and t2 weapons. Shifting all rating requirements to 3vs3 would make 2vs2 utterly pointless (for anyone but the 3-5 highest teams*) and while i would like to see people queueing 3s i don't want the 2s bracket to die off. Also no, there would be MUCH less teams queueing. With the same amount of active PvP players there would be 33% less teams if all of them would be forced to play 3vs3, not even taking into account that there has to be 3 people online on every team to even be able to queue.

*For high rated players there's still titles to fight for, so queueing 2s isn't pointless, as long as the dala staff will still award high rated 2v2 players. Also for higher rated players getting to shoulder or t2 weapon rating isn't a concern, so as long as titles are awarded the same way they were before, there would be just as much incentive for them to queue 2s than to queue 3s.

While i agree that there should be an incentive to play 3vs3 it shouldn't be the shift of rating requirements. Killing a bracket in favor of another is not the way to go, sorry. You have to understand that this IS NOT retail, there isn't enough players on nearly any private server to sustain a healthy and competetive 3s bracket.

Megatronz @ Kirin Tor
Megatronz

1 Tauren Warrior
high or medium players arent the problem, the problem is that there wont be enough teams to feed each other to rating.

most of low to medium rated players or even players who dont have much time dont want to play like 20-100 useless games to even break 1500 rating while having the extra 3s problem of alligning 3 players at the same time which can be hard if theyre raiding too and have a job.

i would suggest to let people start at 1500 in 3s or double or triple the rating gained per win, so there would be a headstart in 3s which is really helping everyone and no rating req changed. i think it wouldnt effect 2s much so nobody is really harmed

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
You forgot that a lot of players here were playing on retail and want to play in a balanced bracket, not a boring and totally unbalanced game. I, for example, am not even playing 2s on my alt but just 3s.
If you don't want 2s to become totally useless, let's keep rating requirements for outparts or something like that.

Concerning Shoulders, T2 weapon and tabard, either the staff do that, OR, and it would mean the end of 3s, move these rating requirements from 3s to 2s. If they do nothing, PvPers will be disadvantaged, as always.

Megatronz, unless you play a double dps setup, or some retarded setup in 3s, matches are a lot quicker in 3s, so the time argument doesn't stand for most of the players.

Megatronz @ Kirin Tor
Megatronz

1 Tauren Warrior
Edited by Megatronz on 2015-12-17 20:27:39
ofc Vekt, they are at a much faster pace, but the argument that people need to coordinate 3 ppl while still raiding and maybe working a lot like i do.

3s is actually the best form of pvp wow has to offer, so it would be a shame to leave that out. to encourage 3s is the best solution for everyone who is even a little into pvp. but i dont think its necessary to remove gear from 2s, there must be another way

edit: there should also be a broadcast when teams que for 3v3, so that people can have that without corrdinating themselves

Vtwo @ Kirin Tor
Vtwo

1 Human Warlock
2s is dead and you want to make alive 3s? there is not enough ppl playing pvp in this server and every dog dodges after 2-3 losses so... maybe in a wet dream 3s will be active here.

Btw. balanced bracket? LF ele and lock for LSP. Rank1 freelo

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Tell me when you queue as LSP, can't wait to get some rating from you.

You're right about the dodging though, it's been unbelievable these last days, everyone stops queueing when I log on. I guess I better forget about this server if I wanna do some arenas.

Vtwo @ Kirin Tor
Vtwo

1 Human Warlock
How do you want to farm a lsp as ret pal? php? don't think so XD ret rogue disc? don't think so. play rmp marm's lvl or rip.

Woltk 3s reality.

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
XD

Rank 1 as ret/rogue. Dalaran-wow reality.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
I am against changing rating gains/win or modifying starting rating but absolutely support pushing the 3v3 bracket. In theory it is more balanced and also more fun. I will keep queuing for 3v3 and spam both faction chats but it is hilarious that i have to do so. Would even go as far as removing more obtainable items for 2v2 and making them only available in 3v3.

"But dude we don't have the playerbase" REALLY? I played on an also pve oriented TBC private server with around 50-60% of Dalaran's population ~500-1000 total players and guess what? Anytime on fr-sat-sun, we queue up, pretty much instant pop. There were even 1900+ rated 5v5 teams...

In order to improve I have to ask again? Where are the missing two arenas? Was not in during this patch on retail? Doubt it. Hard to script? Haha.

And thanks for answering Plainfeather, had to add some salt to get your response, sorry about that.
Requ

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
up

Wires @ Kirin Tor
Wires

1 Draenei Shaman
Edited by Wires on 2017-07-10 01:04:53
bump. Make 3v3 great again!

EDIT: lets start by making events for 3v3, no prizes included, but you will get this bracket up and running
Dalwow has most pop around 17-22h ST (correct me if im wrong) so i would like to encourage every pvper to make 3v3 teams

Just like every guild has their own raid times, we should make event when most of the pvpers could que 3v3 and make a list of the current teams when they can que on specific day.

For example:
Monday - TEAM1 15h-18h ST, TEAM2 16h-19h ST,
Tuesday - TEAM1 15-18h ST, TEAM3 17-21h ST, TEAM4 19-20h ST
Those teams would be available to que at given time and should get 3v3 que without spamming to much.

It all depends on us, players of dala, if we want this to happen. I can make another thread if i get more support on this or probably will do it anyway. Tell me what you guys think!

Vtwo @ Kirin Tor
Vtwo

1 Human Warlock
stupid suggestion, just edit rating requiered for tabard and shoulders to 2350 in 2s and we are fine, this server has low amount of population, even more if 90% of them pve, so there is not enough ppl to make even a nearly consistent 3s system.

Dartn @ Kirin Tor
Dartn

2 Undead Priest
Would be nice if there's ppl ask for 3's but its dead bracket took me 1 year and some months to get 2.2k when i que vs everyone who try to que :)

Wires @ Kirin Tor
Wires

1 Draenei Shaman
Vtwo i think youre right, would be great to have 3s here but its very hard to get even 2 teams in que and as for S8 tier 2 weapons go its impossible to obtain it unless you play 24/7 and spam people to que 3v3 which none of us can do. Was trying to get people to que it but nope, server will be stuck at 2v2 for quite some time.

In TBC shoulders were 2200 rate in 2v2 and weapon was 2050 rate also in 2v2, one tier below wep (1800). Just some info

Thumphinelph @ Kirin Tor
Thumphinelph

1 Dwarf Priest
LF ret pally and feral dudu for 3v3, /w me in game!!! (my team)

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.