Topic

Looking for a Pally PvP TANK Build.

Loadsamoney @ Kirin Tor
Loadsamoney
1 Human Paladin
Edited by Loadsamoney on 2015-12-22 11:47:52
Might be in the wrong section. Sorry if it is.

I'm looking for a viable Prot spec build for PvP. I want this to be my off-spec so I can switch when I want to raid or when I want to PvP. I basically want to be the guy in the BG that can eat lots of damage and keep coming back for more, focusing on objectives and carrying the flag, and otherwise being the focus of damage so my other teammates have less pressure and harrassing enemy healers.

Some people told me to get PvP gear and just stack Stam/Resil, others have said PvE gear to get Dodge/Defense/Parry/Block and then gem/enchant for Stam/Resil. Not sure which route to go because there doesn't seem to be any PvP gear with tank-based stats, and I don't understand that. Also doesn't seem to be any PvP tank shields, only healer shields. So I'd be forced to go PvE for that slot.

But I need a talent build for it too. The one I have right now is 53/18 for PvE but I assume that I'd need some other things for PvP that this build doesn't have, like Stoicism. So what's a good Prot Pally talent build for PvP?

Tarpor @ Kirin Tor
Tarpor

10 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Tarpor on 2015-12-22 11:47:00
wotlk.openwow.com/talent#sZVGzuruLusIufdVf0x0c is a pretty standard build
You can play around if you maybe want Pursuit of Justice for the increased speed to walk around with flag etc etc.

Now for the gearing, if your sole purpose is to have survivability in BGs I'd go with 4/5 piece PvP gear with an offpiece with a lot of block (in ToC you can go for the tier legs). The rest I'd go with the said normal PvE tankgear for tankiness and gem either stamina or resil, whichever you see is best.

And there is a PvP tank shield, you might want to recheck =)

Gl, hope to be of help, if I said anything wrong, someone else feel free to correct me.

Loadsamoney @ Kirin Tor
Loadsamoney
1 Human Paladin
That link doesn't work, but thank you for the advice. And yeah, Pursuit of Justice is already part of my 53/18 Prot build. I think the extra movement speed is very handy in dungeons for certain encounters and playing catch up. I would definitely take it for PvP to carry the flag faster and chase other players down.

Tarpor @ Kirin Tor
Tarpor

10 Blood Elf Paladin
The link should work now

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.