Topic

Missing arenas

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
Third time posting about this...
Could you add already the missing arenas? At least one? Come on?

Naidira @ Kirin Tor
Naidira
of Quel'Thalas

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Cloudflare ate my post again. -_-

Anyway, those two arenas have periodic pillars which change the LOS/pathing of the battleground. Given the imperfect LOS/pathing on the server, I suspect they're disabled due to being buggy. It's a big problem if you can get reliably feared through/into or charge into/through them. There's also pet behavior to be concerned about. They tend to wig out a little when pathing changes here.

That's just speculation, though. It's be nice to have a solid answer from someone of authority.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
I don't think that is a valid pont here on Dalron. Fear works fine (never ever been feared through textures), pets are bugged gamewide and charge is bugged in Blade's Edge and Lordaeron too. If you wanna stick to flawless arena environment (given the existing pathfinding) then ban Blade's Edge and Lordaeron too... I play a warrior so I'm familiar with the pathfinding struggle.
Just add them already, i want variety in pvp..

Naidira @ Kirin Tor
Naidira
of Quel'Thalas

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Unfortunately, fearing through the world does happen. I have the good fortune to get feared through geometry a few times a week. Three times yesterday alone.

I took a look at the TrinityCore git Issues, and it looks like both of these arenas are riddled with problems. Dalaran Sewers appears to be approaching a working state, but Ring of Valor has a laundry list of bugs surrounding it.

It sounds like they're disabled at the core, not just here on DW.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
I might have been wrong because i remember now getting feared through the ground but and the game put me back under the bridge (Blade's Edge) on the same hp if I'm correct. Same with charging underground. If my teammate was not dead while falling game put me back in the fight a few seconds later.

Let me ask just who you are and how do got your information (or lets say how do you know where to get the proper information)?

Also, why would no admin ever reply to posts like this? It's not a hillbilly level 15 bugged quest out of 100000 BUT 2 of the possible 5 arenas...

Naidira @ Kirin Tor
Naidira
of Quel'Thalas

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Naidira on 2015-12-27 18:53:40
I'm nobody but an old player. :]

The info came from TrinityCore's Git, when searching for tickets related to Ring of Valor and Dalaran Sewers:

github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/search?q=Ring+of+Valor&type=Issues

github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/search?q=Dalaran+Sewers&type=Issues

It would be nice to have an official word, but the issues exist at the very heart of TrinityCore, and due to their complexity, probably have to be solved there before they can be implemented here. At least from comments on the issues, Dalaran Sewers is almost fully working, but RoV is still a huge mess.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
Should not have made this thread in pvp topic, noone reads now.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
up

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.