Topic

The fault in our Seventh Stars - Chapter 1: 3v3 Abusing

Cutefairy @ Kirin Tor
Cutefairy
1 Draenei Shaman
Right, so we've all seen the mockery that was last season, with all its win-trading going on and the drama it lead to at the end of the season regarding who does and who doesn't deserve what. Eventually resulting in you closing the season with nobody receiving rewards for their efforts and instead forcing a way too long break between arena seasons.

Considering this, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought this season was going to be taken care of in a better way, to avoid the situation we've had last time. This seems to be the case in 2v2 as far as i know, because the pvp community seems to have improved and we have new faces. Though there's 3v3 with the real rewards now, which seemed to be a great way to get people to play it at first. Too bad it's nothing like that at all right now.

I've played a decent amount of 3v3 games vs an RMP comp on the horde side which was great fun cause they were good opponents. However this is the only proper 3v3 action I've seen in this season, other than them it was just people who quit queueing after 1-2 losses and we'd be without enemy team for the rest of the day and we could just stop queueing. This got even worse when we reached 1850+ MMR and we'd have to take 10 minute queues to face basically any other team which was queueing.

Now the real problem is that the GM staff has allowed certain players to continue their obvious win-trading in 3v3, players who wouldn't even stand a shot vs an actual team. These players (I don't know if i can name and shame) have nearly 500 games played and are at a rating of 2088 the last time I've seen. Over 90% of these games was fought between guys from the same guild who stopped their action the moment another team joined 3v3, only to pick it up on another time suitable for them.

What bothers me about this is that they're the ones who are going to end up with the arena rewards that matter, if not for stats than for status. While there is active 2v2 happening this season with fair play (again for as far as I know) and they have to settle for the 1800 weapon and perhaps a fugly helm to display. Not to mention the end of the season, will they receive titles for their open mockery of your 3v3 system, deeming it legit?

I would like to suggest either investigating the players in question and punishing them for their actions, or admitting that the 3v3 requirement was a beautiful yet bad idea and making the top tier arena rewards a 2v2 rating requirement. It's sad but 3v3 isn't working out the way it should have and there are people abusingly profiting.

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
That's one of the reason I left this server... So yeah, he's right, something has to be done.

Plainfeather @ Kirin Tor
Plainfeather
Hail!

Thanks for your post, write an e-mail to: [email protected] and report every case, I believe the win trading is currently being investigated.

Cheers!

Wonderbolt @ Kirin Tor
Wonderbolt

80 Human Paladin
Edited by Wonderbolt on 2016-02-05 12:17:31
The thing is, it won't stop until you do something about this bracket. Either you find a way to encourage more players to play this bracket, or you just remove rating requirements item from 3v3. Some players will continue to wintrade to get to these impossible ratings.

Cutefairy @ Kirin Tor
Cutefairy
1 Draenei Shaman
Okay, thanks for replying, also thanks for immediately removing my post from the home page while there's nothing but nonsense topics on there.

I'd have liked this thread to get a little more attention other than your generic inconclusive reply, with all respect. I want to know what other players think of this matter otherwise I would have just sent you a mail to begin with.

What I'm seeing on this server is an actually positive increase in pvp activity, both in quality and quantity. However I do not think the server was/is ready for a serious 3v3 bracket. In my opinion it would be best to give the current players who are showing devotion to pvp, access to the rewards they are playing for. Then continue to see how the pvp community keeps growing and improving and perhaps after some more time the server will be ready for actual 3v3/5v5 arena games.

And again, this is just subjective and only a suggestion. That's why I'd like this topic to gain some community input.

Megatronz @ Kirin Tor
Megatronz

1 Tauren Warrior
We all knew that 3v3 will be a problem, so the question is why doesnt the server staff take some action?

There would be a lot of easy ways to at least make the experience in arenas slightly better, yet nothing is done.

That the Devs take the time to ask if they should increase Naxxramas difficulty is a slap in the face of everyone who does pvp. Do you guys not have any major Problems to fix?

Like GMs not responding ever, the class bugs that have been here since ages, the raid issues, the pvp issues, the battleground and WG exploits, arena wintrading? No?

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
You have also skipped one bit of information there Mademoiselle Cute.

Tier 2 weapon vendor is lacking about 50% of items. Tier 1 weapon is lacking feral/hunter polearm. I have reported that at the end of December and it still has not been dealt with. Seems to me this will be in the dark again.

Buhman @ Kirin Tor
Buhman

1 Troll Rogue
ÃŽ did notice there are some T2 Weapons missing. Thanks for the reminder!

Dartn @ Kirin Tor
Dartn

2 Undead Priest
I stopped playing 3v3 on this server cuz we face the same team more than 10 times in a row or more and its impossible to get t2 rating because its inactive bracket

Thilana @ Kirin Tor
Thilana
1 Undead Warlock
Adding arena ladder to the website would help finding wintraders with the real proof of them doing it, not just accusing other players and taking ingame screenshots.

forums/news-and-rules/suggestions-and-opinions/topic/7367/arena-ladder
I suggested this long time ago and it just got ignored.

Megatronz @ Kirin Tor
Megatronz

1 Tauren Warrior
Edited by Megatronz on 2016-02-07 17:25:10
maybe everyone should open his own thread about whats wrong with arena/pvp like the pve people do. it might get some attention this way

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
Megatronz, if I am not mistaken, you're here with other of us since Kirin Tor, but you're sure at least since Algalon launch. Working Armory and rapidly crumbling website (so to speak, as transfers stopped working and things started rolling down with website since then) have not been dealt with even after two years now, almost, few days away. How is that possible, I have no idea.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
For one thing, all Arena wintrading business is clearly visible with working armory and players can be the police. If something is fishy (like, say, deleted teams), a single Game Master with DB access can easily see what's up, and monitoring the matches for high-end wintrading is...well, there are simple "queue and leave" and "enter and lose", but one needs to be hell of a experienced player to realize if it is wintrading or not when players are masking it by "doing mistakes" (e.g. top end arena man not LoSing or not interrupting). Some players are crafty, and people will go great lengths to mask wintrading simply by losing a fraction - and that is where GMs would need to monitor the games. They wouldn't need to monitor anything else.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
Plus the bonus part, server was not brought down for new arena season and points were merely reset for players. Someone players with half of a cheating soul sold just before bought items and restored 60-80% of their APs. Some were witholding it and masking it by claiming they got items from VoA instead, yet others like Kirael blatantly showed their abuse. I have asked my guildies and friends to stalk all capital cities and neutral ones where you can queue for arena to watch for any PvP team to queue, and we have reported about seven players total, tho some of them were untouched, and it sparked my leveling friends to leave just edges off 80, seeing how badly it was handled.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
Well. Sad story.

And this freaking cloudflare defense, my God, I swear to God, this is more annoying that it is beneficial. can't write a simple phrase or long comment without alarming anything, jebo ti bog mater. I can't post my guides for two years now, freaking wonderful.

Megatronz @ Kirin Tor
Megatronz

1 Tauren Warrior
I am here since day one, not Kirin tor tho, came from Feenix with Hate/AAO guild.

But yeah you pretty much nailed the problem with arenas. Thing is i dont see the ownership of this server having the resources to do that. Arena monitoring and dealing with the issues it causes would require one dedicated GM alone for that.

In my opinion there are simple tasks that can be done to circumvent the problem at least partly and the thing is i dont see any reason for not paying attention to that.

I sincerely have a feeling that ownership is not paying attention to PvP problems at all, just fixing them as they come by or grow too huge to ignore. We probably have the strongest PvP community since the server was relesed at the moment and seeing as dalaran is still the best scriptet retail-like server around (although far from perfect) we need to take that opportunity to grow.

Lordaeron has been released and its a buggy mess with high latency and ridicolous que times. Pretty sure it wont stay like that for long so the staff needs to realise that now is the time to fix things.

Cutefairy @ Kirin Tor
Cutefairy
1 Draenei Shaman
Some on-point comments being made here. Although it's a pity that this thread has been denied to show up on the homepage since 10 minutes after its creation. Way to turn a blind eye, as you've been doing for pvp in general for the entire time I've been playing here.

What Mega points out is absolutely true, Lordaeron is buggy and relatively unstable, not to mention the queue times. However they're actively fixing and improving by the day. If you're not considering this a worthy rival server already, you surely should.

I'm quite sure the majority of the players who are active here either don't know about Lordaeron, or just don't want to leave this server behind after all the time we've invested in it. Now it's up to the staff to keep the loyal members satisfied, or not.

The thing is, to my surprise, there has been a great increase in arena activity since the start of the new season. Right now it's the time to keep these players happy, and not push them to play unrealistic shit like 3v3. It's queue dodge galore and win-trade paradise, and the win-traders are the ones getting rewarded cause nobody else is queueing.

While in 2v2 it should be near impossible to be actively win-trading as I've seen people playing it on a big variety of moments in the day. And even if people are win-trading, it's easy to spot them.

And come on Plainfeather, just allow this thread to happen... it's getting attention nonetheless cause i'll post it on global chat a few times a day. Don't try to censor your community.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
Pretty much all threads like this will be removed from the front page unfortunately.

Make Ed gm and he fix stuff.

Rushing @ Kirin Tor
Rushing
1 Gnome Mage
No need to pretend to be nice and not name the teams

As a matter of fact I'll do it for you

Headhuntere
Derica

I don't see why they are not getting perma banned.

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
Edited by Requ on 2016-02-21 13:28:55
What cutefairy said. I would just like to add a few things:

-3v3 bracket is fun, agreed on pushing it since the beginning.
-Wintraders should be permabanned. Donator accounts? Probably. Still perma.
-Missing vendor items, missing arenas?
-Season 6 titles?
-Ed for president. (really tho)

Why not make an arena queue announcer? With rating included ofc.:

1800-2200 xy has joined 3v3 queue. (Or something similar)
Should not be so hard to make right?

Watter @ Kirin Tor
Watter
1 Tauren Shaman
I mean, pvp has been a joke since I level up to 80.

Wintraders left and right, gamebreaking bugs for 3 years...

Asdwqe @ Kirin Tor
Asdwqe

5 Tauren Druid
Edited by Asdwqe on 2016-03-05 11:28:45
its impossible to reach 2.2k without wintrading, even if u are online 24/7. pls stop not giving a shit about pvp on this Server. give us our new wg items and give us 2v2 requirements for Tier 2 weaps and shoulders, how hard can it be.

Naidira @ Kirin Tor
Naidira
of Quel'Thalas

80 Blood Elf Paladin
The new WG items are 3.3 items, not 3.2. They were released with ICC, not TOC. There is no reason to be asking for those yet.

Boneschyte @ Kirin Tor
Boneschyte

76 Undead Rogue
I was passing by here while reminiscing and saw nothing has changed in this regard since back from day one. The staff should offer way more transparency on the issues they come across regarding human resources as I can only imagine that to be the reason this is happening. Everyone feels restless when they feel as if secrets are being held. Also, you need to really prioritize on the site-database link. Not having an armory nowadays says a lot about a server unfortunately, as this is a great server quality wise, even though there are improvements to be made here and there, some of which I remember Loth had implemented at one point but I suppose they were reverted due to lag/stability problems from what I could tell. And since I'm at it, i would like to mention it would had been nice to make a post regarding last season's rewards, even if it would have been a simple statement of letting us know there will be none. Although it is counterproductive to have your playerbase compete, only to have the reward removed at the very end.
Regards,
Freekill

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.