Topic

Win Trading Definition?

Slettebak @ Kirin Tor
Slettebak
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey guys,

Today my friends and i were done raiding and felt like doing some arena. there were 6 of us so we thought we'd just create 3v3 teams and join the queue. we'd probably face each other since theres not much going on in 3v3 bracket, especially at low rating (i presume).

However, we know win trading isnt allowed and thought 6 people from the same guild and same IP would look pretty suspicious. we weren't planning to lose on purpose or anything to get crazy high rating, we just wanted to play for fun and practice different setups. would this be allowed?

We tried to find information about the rules but couldnt find anything more specific than 'win trading is not allowed'. Could you tell me some more about what the definition is of wintrading? is it allowed to queue against friends into an empty bracket? does it matter whether you're at 0 rating or 1000?

Thanks in advance, Slettebak

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
ust wanted to play for fun and practice

Just queue skirmish then.

Slettebak @ Kirin Tor
Slettebak
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Just queue skirmish then.

Then we might as well go to gurubashi arena and do w/e. i'm asking because rated 3v3 has some rewards even at low rating, which could be achieved normally if there were more teams queueing. if we were just 6 random guys accidentally queueing at the same time it would be fine, so i was wondering where the line is between what's allowed and what isn't.

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
I think that as long as you announce that you are queueing on global it should be fine. Otherwise it's very difficult to get into 3v3 or 5v5 due to activity.

Vepar @ Kirin Tor
Vepar

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea. Do it. Always fun seeing the ban messages.

Bladesong @ Kirin Tor
Bladesong
80 Night Elf Warrior
If you are queuing for fun and are actually trying to beat each other... I'll say don't worry too much, while we don't have armory arena tab here, the records are still in the database. Trust me, it's very easy spot wintraders once you actually start looking for them. If you feel like you need to defensed yourself, record some. And don't stop queuing once someone else comes in. Back when the realm opened I did guilds 3s and 5s as a fun event, we got to 1800 rating in 5s and close enough in 3s from guild alone before summer happened and ppl quit. Nothing to worry about.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
Hey guys I'm looking for some friends that want to que 3s into each other, the winning team might accedetally get 2k rating and buy rel shoulders in a few days, but shit someone is bound to come out on top and farm the other team, if not we can get a steady close to equal win loss ratio between teams.

No matter which way the games go you and your friends will gain an unfair advantage. I would love to see what the staff thinks of this topic.

Gerardd @ Kirin Tor
Gerardd

1 Human Mage
Maybe your thoughts have good intentions... or not, but the staff has just banned like 4 account for win trading. Careful mate.

Slettebak @ Kirin Tor
Slettebak
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Slettebak on 2016-05-29 05:54:22
tbh we've only been playing here a few weeks and we're feelin pretty good about ourselves for having naxx gear, so 2k rating is still pretty far away. if we're gonna play i'll definitely announce it in global. maybe you can bring some alts and we'll see how the battle goes ^^

to stay on topic: it would be nice to have some certainty about what would be considered wintrading. for example: what if we arrange 3v3 fights through the forums and one team magically ends up with high rating, at what point would this start to violate the rules?

slightly offtopic: shall we just decide on a particular day of the week, on which everyone plays 3v3 and 5v5 arena? or is pvp on dalaran too dead to ever make this work?

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
It's been attempted before but the population is too low to sustain it in the long term. You could try again I guess. Best to do it during peak time.

Jeina @ Kirin Tor
Jeina
Staff Member
Greetings! Until you fight seriously in the arena and not letting one of the teams to win purposely, you have nothing to worry about.

Regards, Averdoom

Requ @ Kirin Tor
Requ

1 Gnome Warrior
lamo

Fixlol @ Kirin Tor
Fixlol
1 Troll Priest
Edited by Fixlol on 2016-07-17 16:44:23
This hunter (Bjornz) still has shoulder relentless screen after several facts is posted time ago, now I ask myself a question: but the gm on this server have done anything for wintrade or they take the piss? .last time I have seen on twich .tv, a player who made tiket a gm for wintrade arena in progress. after 2 days he still had the ticket,. this is not serious !!!!

pvFbwen.jpg

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.