Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Shinizu on 2018-07-03 21:08:39
This is my heavily edited version of Grid2 r720

My setup:
Grid2.jpg

Grid2_explained.jpg

Layout Test mode:
shows the group-size based layouts (green colored frames are pets)
Party with petsGrid2_LayoutPartyPet.jpg
10 man raid with pets:Grid2_LayoutRaid10Pet.jpg

Indicator Test mode:
shows all current icon indicators with a random texture
Grid2_IndicatorTestmode.jpg

Status RaidDebuffs:
The status "RaidDebuffs" has a collection of TBC and WotLK raid debuffs that are only active if you are in the specified dungeon.
Every debuff has a spell description and can be enabled or disabled individually (green check or red cross).
Grid2_StatusRaidDebuff.jpg

other interesting statuses

Status Direction:
shows the direction of other players relative to your viewing direction.
Grid2_StatusDirection.jpg

Links:
zip
rar

My modified AddOns:

WeakAuras 2.0.8 for 3.3.5
Grid2 r720 for 3.3.5
Bazooka 1.8.7 for 3.3.5

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Shinizu on 2016-01-27 12:31:18
ATTENTION:

If you want to use the Resurrection status properly, players in your group/raid need to have LibResComm-1.0 running.

If they are using my version of Grid2, it's implemented.
Other players can use my version of the Lib (modified for the server).

Link:
zip

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
reserved space for more pictures

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
I am far too lazy to install this but it looks awesome!

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Updated
- fixed some small bugs
- added more range options

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Updated:
- fixed a rare random bug with the resurrection display

Shodaani @ Kirin Tor
Shodaani
3 Draenei Paladin
Edited by Shodaani on 2016-04-15 12:03:16
It does not show incoming heals if you invert the health bar color. :(

And self-only missing buffs also are shown on the other raid member frames, inner fire for example.

Rinleez @ Kirin Tor
Rinleez

1 Blood Elf Paladin
Bless you dude! I almost gave up on grid because I got a different version that couldn't even resize the damn bars.

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Shinizu on 2016-04-15 15:19:18
It does not show incoming heals if you invert the health bar color. :(
Then there's something wrong with your configuration.
I recommend to configure it properly and not use inverting at all.

My modified version has a custom statusbar API with more features than the default Blizz one.

And self-only missing buffs also are shown on the other raid member frames, inner fire for example.
The option "Show if mine" means "Display status if the buff was cast by me" (which the tooltip tells you).

Inner Fire is only in there to exemplify the buff options.

Cheno @ Kirin Tor
Cheno

1 Tauren Druid
Sorry for asking, but what have you done to Grid that I can't already do myself?

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Shinizu on 2016-04-16 10:23:15
Sorry for asking, but what have you done to Grid that I can't already do myself?

- added custom statusbar API to allow reverse grow (horizontally and vertically)
- modified event API to handle 3.3.5 system (based on 5.4 version)
- implemented heal prediction
- many minor adjustments to work with 3.3.5

Rescue @ Kirin Tor
Rescue
1 Blood Elf Priest
If I install this (the zipped folder) and overwrite my grid2 in the addons, will it update to how it looks here? Or is that not carried over? I am having some errors with grid2 and just want a clean working base. Thanks.

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Shinizu on 2016-06-09 10:20:06
If I install this (the zipped folder) and overwrite my grid2 in the addons, will it update to how it looks here? Or is that not carried over? I am having some errors with grid2 and just want a clean working base. Thanks.
Existing configurations stay intact.
If no user configuration is found, the layout defaults to a class-based default
(a bit like this:)
Grid-25-by-Group.jpg

The layout in the initial post is my custom configuration which you can recreate quite easily.
Or I can share it to you ingame.

What kind of errors did you encounter?

Rescue @ Kirin Tor
Rescue
1 Blood Elf Priest
Every time I log or zone, I get a LUA popup error. Not terrible but a little annoying. Thanks for your work on this!

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Every time I log or zone, I get a LUA popup error. Not terrible but a little annoying. Thanks for your work on this!
Please post the error text or a screenshot of it.

Rescue @ Kirin Tor
Rescue
1 Blood Elf Priest
Edited by Rescue on 2016-06-09 18:20:01
amvvOpf.jpg
zCa7TTM.jpg

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Shinizu on 2016-06-10 00:30:26
Ok, you have the Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames disabled.

The easiest way to fix the problem yourself is to disable Hide Blizzard Raid Frames on Startup under General Settings > Misc
or use the following command ingame:/run Grid2.db.profile.hideBlizzardRaidFrames = nil; ReloadUI()

You actually shouldn't disable the default RaidFrame because that can break certain AddOns relying on it to be loaded by default.
ElvUI itself even has a localized error message for this case ;)https://github.com/ElvUI/ElvUI/search?utf8=✓&q=Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames&type=Code

I've added another check for this in the current release.

Rescue @ Kirin Tor
Rescue
1 Blood Elf Priest
Ahhh, awesome. Thanks so much for digging into this!! Now if I can only get Mapster to stop acting up.. :P

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Updated some status and indicators.

Added the option to create statusbars for debuffs aswell.

Misoo @ Kirin Tor
Misoo

1 Undead Priest
Edited by Misoo on 2016-07-07 16:58:24
Grid > Grid2 soz boy :/

PS : great job babe maybe new healers will be educated about what a real raid frame is ;)

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Grid > Grid2 soz boy :/
I'm pretty interested on how you would explain that to somebody who worked on both AddOns on retail ...

Shinizu @ Kirin Tor
Shinizu

1 Undead Priest
Update:
Fixed a rare bug preventing the leader and assist status from showing.

Musicbox @ Kirin Tor
Musicbox
1 Blood Elf Priest
Edited by Musicbox on 2018-07-03 01:37:49
You have it set to 38 yards by default, and when you change it to 40 yards, it greys out everyone, as if theyre out of range, even yourself.

40 yards is max range for my holy light(im a paladin duh) so having those 2 extra yards really helps.

I somehow fixed this magically, and I do not know how to repeat it.

But if someone could fix this by default, that'd be nice.

Cheno @ Kirin Tor
Cheno

1 Tauren Druid
Edited by Cheno on 2018-07-03 09:03:17
I made a repository for all the changes I made to this version of Grid2, with credit to the original author.

https://github.com/Chenocide/Grid2

Note: I changed the range 40 in roughly 5 different places (you can see where if you look at the latest commit by following the link above), but I don't know if it works, I haven't tested it. Give me a poke here if it doesn't work.

Edit: Just realized that it's not possible to see the commits since the one content commit contains all changes. The file in question is located here:
https://github.com/Chenocide/Grid2/blob/master/Grid2/modules/StatusRange.lua

Musicbox @ Kirin Tor
Musicbox
1 Blood Elf Priest
Edited by Musicbox on 2018-07-03 13:50:04
Thanks for your effort, but it still doesn't work. :/

I tested it: https://youtu.be/mq2Pj07SfTU

Cheno @ Kirin Tor
Cheno

1 Tauren Druid
Edited by Cheno on 2018-07-03 17:44:00
Seems like I misunderstood your first message then, as I thought the problem was that you couldn't set the default range to 40. It seems like there's a general problem with range 40 and I really don't know why that would be.

The only technical explanation I could come up with is that you don't have an ability with 40 yards range but you should have access to that. A lot of addons uses spells and specific actions, like follow etc, to check if something is within range. I've noticed that I have a similar problem with 36 yards in the first version of Grid and I'm not really sure why.

Musicbox @ Kirin Tor
Musicbox
1 Blood Elf Priest
Edited by Musicbox on 2018-07-03 21:09:42
Yeah, it is really weird.

It's not a problem for me anymore, since I somehow magically fixed it, but ppl who download this addon, will have that problem as I showed in the video.

As long as I have my old cache files saved, and apply my old cache to a fresh installed WoW 3.3.5, the 40 yard will work, and I have no idea why.

So I was hoping for a fix, so ppl wont have this problem in future, when they download this addon.

Grid2 is by far one of the best customizable raid frames out there imo. So I was freaking out when I couldnt get the 40 yards to work, since it's essential that it doesn't display ppl that are in range as out of range. But luckily I had my old cache saved.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, hehe.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.