Topic

Another instant 70 topic

Weesv @ Kirin Tor
Weesv
1 Tauren Hunter
Hello

I just wanted to confirm, there is no option for new player to get instant lvl 70? I wanted to give it a shot here but right now i'm rather discouraged when i see that new players aren't getting the holidays gift.

Galgnu @ Kirin Tor
Galgnu
1 Orc Shaman
Well its a gift to current players, who has already played, helped the community and in many cases donate to the server. Its not meant as a free gift to get new players... But you can also donate and start out as 70. Otherwise you can take the leveling trip that most of us has done at least once....

Weesv @ Kirin Tor
Weesv
1 Tauren Hunter
I understand that POV but there is other side as well - me as a new player don't want to lvl in empty zones when most of the population is either 80 or boosted to 70. I'm not here to argue or cry, I just want to point out that this created a situation where new player is either forced donate to the unknown (to him) server or play alone for couple (or more) days. Neither of this sounds appealing to me. I personally think that this server doesn't need new players and staff is happy with the current population which would explain the rewards for old players only.

Kuuza @ Kirin Tor
Kuuza
1 Night Elf Rogue
I've heard it works on new accounts. Try logging in your character after creating it and before trying to use the boost

Weesv @ Kirin Tor
Weesv
1 Tauren Hunter
Oh it works now. Now i'm convinced to check this server out. Looks like new players are welcome after all. Thanks for help.

Beyondflesh @ Kirin Tor
Beyondflesh
1 Human Paladin
Edited by Beyondflesh on 2019-01-13 04:32:52
I just tested it and new accounts do NOT get the instant level 70.
Which makes no sense. Please explain the process you used to get the function to work.

Edit: and yes, i tried the "character must be in game first" method. Still nothing.
Unless it is related to IP address checks preventing those that have used the option on other accounts to create new accounts and using it again.
I see no other reason why it shouldn't work.

Swipeup @ Kirin Tor
Swipeup
1 Night Elf Druid
are there any updates on this?
I have a few friends that wish to try the server up and getting an insta 70 will encourage them to come here

Zakkar @ Kirin Tor
Zakkar
1 Orc Warrior
@Beyondflesh, I got the instant 70 on this account, which I made 3 days ago, I think the system is just glitched, as an account I have had for a while couldn't get it. I think it only works in the UK, as on my US account it didn't work.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.