Topic

"Downloading Update" cant login

Wahrah @ Kirin Tor
Wahrah

1 Human Warrior
I just recently redownloaded dalaran on my computer, uninstalled and installed again several times and the same recurring issue when I try to login, it brings me to the character selection screen, says "Downloading Update", then tells me I have to restart my game to patch it, and then it kicks me off saying "failed to patch".

Is there something I'm missing or haven't done yet? Would love to get some help. Thanks!

Deathdealer @ Kirin Tor
Deathdealer

80 Dwarf Death Knight
Found this ... maybe some information inside to assist??

/Happy Hunting :)

https://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/input-and-assistance/community-support/topic/9370/downloading-update-why-can-t-i-log-in

Electrolise @ Kirin Tor
Electrolise
1 Night Elf Druid
I believe my brother had a similar issue when he tried running the game from the Launcher.

I personally start the game directly from the Wow.exe file and never had that problem.

Maybe that helps...

Plainfeather @ Kirin Tor
Plainfeather
Hail!

I think what Deathdealer linked will help you, try to log with your username instead of e-mail and you should be fine. Cheers!

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.