Topic

Unable to DL game Files/Launcher

Edagar @ Kirin Tor
Edagar
4 Undead Priest
Edited by Edagar on 2020-08-21 05:29:32
Hello,

While I would very much like to join you on the server, I am having a little trouble downloading the game files/launcher.

For some reason it takes a few tries to get the files to begin to load, and then they consistently stop downloading between 25%-35% complete.

Has anyone else experienced this, or heard of a solution?

Thank you,

Edgar

EDIT: The above is what happens when it actually does try to DL the files. Usually I just get a message that says "Error downloading torrent: incorrect header check", and no effort to DL the files is made. Also, I played here a couple of years ago, but I wanted to come back.

Deathstep @ Kirin Tor
Deathstep
4 Dwarf Paladin
That's either a corrupt torrent or you don't have enough space on the drive/directory your torrent uses.

Edagar @ Kirin Tor
Edagar
4 Undead Priest
How do I determine the location to which the torrent is downloading, so that I might ensure there is enough space?

As for the torrents themselves, I am trying to get them from the links provided by this group. Can anyone else confirm if something with them is corrupted? Ruling out one option helps determine where the problem is and would help me fix my ability to play.

Thank you.

Edagar @ Kirin Tor
Edagar
4 Undead Priest
Hello,

This problem still persists.

While I have the vast majority of a terabyte drive available for these files to download, i am meeting the same problems. Does anyone have a way to point me towards a solution, or an answer to my last set of questions?

Thank you

Edagar @ Kirin Tor
Edagar
4 Undead Priest
Edited by Edagar on 2020-08-21 05:44:49
Hello,

So, I went and DL'd the files elsewhere without difficulty. How do I go about launching the game, and finding your server?

Thank you,

EDIT: I have been trying to edit the realms list to state "set realmlist logon.dalaran-server.com" though it tells me that it is set to "read only" and will not let me change it, or its poperties.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.