Topic

Future plans and Game Masters recruitment.

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Hello community,

We would like to share some interesting news with you.

We are preparing a detailed informative post about the upcoming Second Era of Progression, it will be announced shortly. As explained through previous news, we believe we have found a really nice middle ground that will please the vast majority and will allow everyone to experience a challenging WoTLK progression once again, with your current characters. We will explain every single detail in order to show you a crystal clear idea about how everything is going to work. Rest assured that we value and respect the hard work you have put into your characters and nothing will be lost, while the competition will be fair and rewarding.

Additionally, many reworks and fixes are being deployed to Algalon with the intention to polish everything as much as possible before this new era takes place. Also, more information about forthcoming Beta sessions will be posted, stay tuned.

We are really excited about what comes ahead, and we can't wait to start with it and show you what we've been working on.

Before this Second Era of Progression arrives, we would like to have few incorporations into the Game Master team. We are looking for individuals in order to help us with the following tasks:

PvP Staff: Arena and Battleground monitoring and PvP events/tournaments preparation.

Game Masters: General ticket assistance (EU and NA time zones) and moderation.

If you are interested, you can write us an email to [email protected] including your Algalon's character name and explaining why you think you would fit into the category you are applying for, and we will contact you if we need more information.

Thank you everyone!

Bajer @ Kirin Tor
Bajer

1 Troll Rogue
:)

Natiasha @ Kirin Tor
Natiasha

1 Human Priest
I hope you guys won't go for a soft-reset...

New fresh realm is the only option to craft something popular with big numbers for all to play on in the interest of the private server communtiy as a whole!

With most bugfixes applied and core polished plus good staff/support you would get players from (edited) other servers all back to where they once hypothetically were (original Algalon), getting them all on your new strong realm with strong and stable numbers beyond 3k.

The need for such a realm was clearly visible on (edited) other server first month, said realm only failed due to a crappy core and bugs: If you can manage those things that they couldn't, you'll have a wonderful project for everyone to enjoy!

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
New realm or soft reset, both bad ideas.

Bajer @ Kirin Tor
Bajer

1 Troll Rogue
Why is this soft reset even a thing. Can't these scrubs print pictures out with the gear they have and sleep with it if they are so emotionally attached to it?

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
Edited by Arakis on 2019-08-28 19:32:02
Is an mmorpg so when people play it for years they tend to get attached.

Still, 'soft reset' or new realm , both suck.

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Hello there,

Do not worry, let us explain in detail our idea with that explicative post, and afterwards, we can have an open discussion about everything to see your feedback and suggestions.

We will take into consideration the community, your opinions are always welcome, keep in mind we love this expansion and our ideas allowed us to re-live content from this expansion as it was not done before, now we are in a position to make that happen once again. Let us show you something different we believe it would fit into our realm and community as a whole, we will hear you and no step will be done if the community does not like it.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions.

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
Thanks for acknowledging.

Ultarawm @ Kirin Tor
Ultarawm

1 Dwarf Paladin
Well I'll be interested to here the idea, in my opinion they have done a good job with the server thus far. While places like Warmane have a far larger following, Dalaran at least respects the skill and hard work it takes to be a good player. Ex. a true blizzlike server with the pre-cata grind still present as opposed to x5/7 xp and endgame gear for sale on a shop. I'm sure they will have a reasonable compromise for the "2nd Era" here.

Ultarawm @ Kirin Tor
Ultarawm

1 Dwarf Paladin
I would like to see the results of the survey out of interest, if thats doable.

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
Hopefully they share the results, that would help clear some doubts.
I wouldnt call it blizzlike, because it isn't.
As for this Second Era, it should be pretty robust and resolve all major realm needs.

Eredar @ Kirin Tor
Eredar
80 Dwarf Priest
well, experiencing only the raiding from the start? If you mean "with your current chars". This is rly somewhat questionable to me. You technically can do the same idea on the current realm - get the guild for it and farm-farm-farm from the ground. The only things are: no OP buffs to the bosses (which is even better for most players) and no real interest for that as others would still have their better ilvl gear.
As for me raiding isn't the thing I like to grind in WoW, so I don't rly see the interest for myself. But ye, mby others will be hyped up about all that.
Mby at least go for the PvE type realm as if theres lots of insta-80 then it shouldn't affect too much if you're against it.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
A new start has to include a lv1 start , a 1x xp gain and should be a competition lv1 to lich king.
Hopefully we hear on the survey by Christmas. If we are still here.

Ripvanwinkle @ Kirin Tor
Ripvanwinkle

70 Draenei Hunter
Why do ppl write new era suggestions here? We have the place for that, lock the thread.

Remuerto @ Kirin Tor
Remuerto

1 Undead Rogue
I tried to post suggestions on the other thread and my messages wouldn't even appear.
Keeping in mind it's impossible to have something 100% Blizzlike, I really hope they don't modify raid encounters or buff bosses.
What I always thought it could be interesting is a gear-lvl cap for raids, similar to "Herald of the Titans" but for every raid in the game, thus eliminating pretty much the carry system.

Whatever the staff decides in the end, what I really hope is that they work to keep PvP alive.

Please, Dalaran-Wow, don't rush with the second era! Plan the release properly, keeping in mind retail Classic timing and announcing it with enough time so people can start joining the server and plan their guilds, etc. We need population!

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
Edited by Thoraf on 2019-09-03 16:33:43
Hopefully we hear back from them this year.

Dachia @ Kirin Tor
Dachia
1 Human Paladin
Still trying to formulate that post?
Doesnt need to be that long, couple paragraphs should do it.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
@malkavia

Have you read the "dead content revival and site improvement + seasonal progression" suggestion?
Is in the suggestions section.

Any thoughts?

Ghale @ Kirin Tor
Ghale
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Whatever you guys do, PLEASE MAKE AN OFFICIAL DISCORD SERVER!! . Would be great to have all the players, announcements and patches in one place.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Yes!
Having a chatting platform for everyone would resolve all concerns , it will make it all great!
Also on the website here , you should add a link to uber, in case we need a taxi. Skip the dishes is pretty great too.

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Hello everyone,

Of course, we read everything you suggest here (as well as the mails received in [email protected]). It is really interesting seeing how you develop your thoughts as a community.

We are aware of what needs to be improved, however, this Second Era's announcement will be only focused on how everything is going to work. As stated previously, we are also polishing the current content for a better experience of this new era. We will also need to host a few Beta Sessions in order to check values, difficulty, newly implemented systems, etc.

About the Second Era informative post, it has to tackle many things, it is a totally new system not yet implemented anywhere, so we want to be sure everything is crystal clear and minimize the possible doubts. We keep polishing every idea, as well as trying to find holes within all the possible variations we present. We believe it is a common ground that will please and attract many players (including old and new ones). We have been discussing and developing this idea for a long time already; thinking about all the pros and cons, programming the technical support, features, etc. for nearly a year.

Please, keep your ideas flowing as we like to read them all. But, before you refuse an option, we would like to ask you to have a bit of patience and to wait for the details before doing so.

Remember the first time we explained our idea about how a progressive server would work 6 years ago? Now it is easy to visualize how it works, what it entails and what you will find in it, but the first explicative post was quite extense and detailed.

Thanks for all your words and your interest.

Also, thank you very much for the interest shown to everyone who presented himself for GM recruitment.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
Edited by Thoraf on 2019-09-06 18:58:29
Hi Loth,

Will the survey results be shared with us?

Is the 'second era' , as you have it developed in its current iteration, a done deal? If so, do suggestions serve any purpose?

Edzero @ Kirin Tor
Edzero

1 Night Elf Priest
The only thing that would fix dalaran is Ed for GM.

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
How so ,please elaborate.
Nice slogan otherwise.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.