Topic

A timeless journey.

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Hello Citizens of Dalaran,

Lately, we have been receiving the same question from different players. So we have decided to tell you a bit about what comes next for Dalaran-WoW.

If you have carefully read our news, you probably have noticed hints about it here and there. In fact, on our last Anniversary's post, we did mention we would be revealing it soon.

That being said; we have been working bit by bit, slowly but firmly; doing lots of testing and struggling our brains in order to come up with what we think could be a proper redefinition of what a WoTLK Home could be nowadays. We like to compare this idea to the one we had 10 years ago when we started creating and designing the idea/concept that nowadays is so extended about the Progressive servers. We truly believe in this idea, and the most important thing is that we will do and show what we have repeatedly said over the years: for us, the most important thing is the time and work invested by the players.

With this, what we mean is that we have been working since 2013 in order to safeguard all your efforts and, no matter what happens, we will continue to do so. We are going to reveal every single detail soon, before Dalaran's 9th Anniversary. This, together with Algalon's concept creation, will be one of the most defining moments for Dalaran-WoW and its community. Directly answering some of the received questions: yes, what comes next it's thought to be maintained for the very long term, which has always been our central point.

I know we may seem slow, but we always plan ahead everything strategically; with thorough detail, that's why we have been able to overcome different situations. And we like to think we know what provides results and what doesn't. We know our strengths, but we also know what we need to improve. And of course, we have a marvelous and collaborative community providing us with great feedback. Working together is what makes this WoTLK Home so special.

At this very moment, we are working on two separate things: one is so that players can enjoy while waiting for our big announcement; we want to improve the Tournament and the overall PvP as well as implement some of the suggestions that our playerbase has provided. The other one is; now that, after ~2 years working on it is finally finished, we are thoroughly testing everything before we reveal all of its details. We are also preparing a nice and pleasant way to guide you about it and the marketing campaign that comes with it.

Therefore, as mentioned, we can't give you an exact date but, before Dalaran's 9th Anniversary (which will happen next July), we will reveal all about what comes next for Dalaran's community. It will go live this Summer. In the meantime, remember that we are here for you and the most important thing for us is to respect and maintain all the work players have done developing their characters' history, so all of you can continue enjoying your journey in the streets of Dalaran knowing that your efforts will never be lost.

We are all together in this. Thank you for reading, stay tuned!

Thareus @ Kirin Tor
Thareus
1 Human Warrior
Great news. Looking forward to seeing it :D

Felione @ Kirin Tor
Felione
1 Draenei Paladin
This must be why the calls to the GM team have been so lax lately. Well, I hope you guys succeed in what you're trying to bring for us. I know this isn't the place to say this, but, I'm sure you'd get plenty more support from this community, if they could just reply to this post.

Thank you again for continuing to serve us with pleasing changes.

Bronagha @ Kirin Tor
Bronagha
2 Dwarf Priest
This is amazing guys, ty a lot... I've been playing on and off for 7 years because of work and studies. I am so happy each time I come and return to my toons! Ty for keeping it up and bring us more and new things, can't wait to see what you have prepared for us, I for one love your ideas!

Dinqt @ Kirin Tor
Dinqt
7 Gnome Rogue
love youuuuuuuuuuu

Fordinan @ Kirin Tor
Fordinan

7 Tauren Druid
Awesome guys, keep up the good work. I certainly enjoy it :)
Cant wait to see whats next for my virtual home.

Tankodin @ Kirin Tor
Tankodin

75 Human Paladin
Could this be a Cataclysm by Dalaran-WoW? That would actually be pretty huge. Finally some quality Cataclysm server!

Dinqt @ Kirin Tor
Dinqt
7 Gnome Rogue
Could this be a Cataclysm by Dalaran-WoW? That would actually be pretty huge. Finally some quality Cataclysm server!

i highlyyyy doubt so mate , they have always clearly stated since the start of their server , their love and devotion for the WOTLK expansion no matter what , to keep pushing forward this home and keep improving it , and thats why im here cus i love their thoughts on that, aaaaand cataclysm sucks

Valerieferne @ Kirin Tor
Valerieferne

1 Blood Elf Priest
I'm hoping that it is the idea I was discussing before and would make sense with the theme "a timeless adventure" which is as follows:

A boss attack mode. Basically the players would enter a portal at the Dalaran fountain as a raid and be transported to an instanced room with access to repeatable instances of each boss in WoTLK. The bosses would drop no loot (or just incentive tokens) to keep it from disrupting the balance of gearing, but rather a timer would start from boss pull and we would have leader boards as to how quickly a boss is killed.

Further, there would be one final gauntlet portal that would involve fighting combinations of two bosses at the same time with extended enrage timers (to give the players time to beat them), but otherwise all their mechanics intact making for new interesting and challenges. Imagine for example fighting Leftergut and Thaddius at the same time. You both need to cluster for the spores, but must make the clusters positive/negative. Thinking about the boss combination possibilities makes for some interesting fights. Such things would make quite the interesting PvE content and require us to rethink how we do current bosses in new ways.

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for all your work GMs ! Just asking a quick question, is it worth doing the new event quest "A timeless journey" on all characters, or not ? Hidden question, is there a quest reward/achievement making the quest worth repeating on every character ? Or just doing on mains for Lore ? Thanks a lot :)

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.