Topic( Locked )

Next release: WoTLK Progressive Server, \"Algalon\".

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Edited by Lothloryen on 2014-01-12 01:27:46
dalaran-wow-private-server-algalon.jpg

Azerothians,

Trans-location complete. Commencing planetary analysis of Azeroth. Are you ready to read this news?

We, as The Pantheon , shaped worlds and watched over the universe, and we proudly forged and finished a Progressive Server called: ALGALON.

"It is in the universe's best interest to re-originate this planet should my analysis find systemic corruption. Do not interfere."

We still have to decide a date of the release, and we will ignore population restrictions we made before release it, but all the habitants already living in Kirin Tor waiting Algalon release, will be rewarded since we received the Observer's message, regardless of outcome.

Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed. Algalon server will be hard, restrictive in every and all the possible aspects. Where brave heroes will have to survive through all the enemies, where the habitants will have to progress using only their skills, organization and discipline step by step. All possible results for its encounters have been calculated. So any group that contains members that have progressed further than their comrades, even if some of that group has the achievement and better gear, will not be able to equip it if another member still needs the achievement. The progression will be constant and will apply to all players, and we made it possible with a system that will avoid any kind of boost between friends. All the heroes must fight their own fights with the same conditions as the first time. And if some group is aid by experienced fighters, they will have to show the newcomers how things are done without the extra- powered gear. Every one that steps into Algalon will experience the hardest path through what we call the Wrath of the Lich King.

Everyone will notice how Archavon was alone in his Vault, and how in time his brothers: Emalon, Koralon and Toravon came back and that it turned out they were sleeping in the other closed off halls. But they will appear only to those who are ready to face them, to those who have earned the needed achievement for it. The same will happen with their rewards, every emblem will be related to someone’s progress, so no one will see a newcomer get a higher emblem reward than the experience he has, every hero must show their experience even to the vendors of Dalaran before they try to buy anything from them.

As every one of you can guess, every member of The Pantheon was a fighter too in the past, we know everything you need and we know every detail of this world that we are offering to you. We are the makers, the travelers, or the Great Ones, we traveled across the cosmos bringing order to worlds. We have lived every era from Azeroth, we saw every incoming Blizzard arrive in our worlds, and we decide to stop this time and make real again the most epic and challenging events history ever made. We will write in the history books this new place beginning with the Kel'thuzad threat. We are impatient; some of us are even shaking with excitement over this new born realm.

As one Blizzard's Staff member said long time ago:

Hard mode is hard. Some hard modes are harder than others. Then there's Algalon the Raid Destroyer. He feeds off of your tears.

Spadita @ Kirin Tor
Spadita
Staff Member
Edited by Spadita on 2013-11-14 07:54:16
Hello community,

As you can see we are so motivated and happy with the release and work done on this new realm that we couldn't make a new one without some epicism, we wanted to share with you that feeling with some of the epic quotes from Algalon the Observer.

We will proceed to explain in a bit more detail (not much though, to avoid any ideas being stolen before the upcoming release).

The Pantheon: These people are the makers of the world, and we used this analogy with the makers of this realm, they will be some of the developers and GM's from it. Will be named as every Pantheon Member, and they will be observing and helping the players, as we do.

Patch: Will be 3.3.5a, but the content will be progressing and adapting gradually to each patch of the Wrath of the Lich King, as was made by Blizzard. So the content will not be accessible to any player that hasn’t progressed through the requirements.

Progression: Algalon will be progressive in PvE content the same as PvP content. There will be limitations on gear for each arena season, and we will grant arena rewards. Every player will have to earn his own gear after long battles, effort and work.

Restrictions will always exist and will be the same for everyone, if someone wins; it is because it was earned.

The players that come to the Algalon server will have the chance to experience the progression, but we designed this realm to be eternally progressive. There will be two eras for this realm:

1) The first era: the content will be released gradually, so if a guild/raids finish the first raid content, they will have to wait until we "unlock" the next one (this will be around 3 months per raid/arena season).

2) The second era: We have implemented the restriction system, where there will be limitations in terms of gear and achievements needed to access each raid.

Of course both of them will have many restrictions inside the instances in order to experience a real challenge. If you want to progress, you will have to do it with the proper gear.

Vault of Archavon: VoA will be totally adapted and will be dynamic in function of each player's individual progression. You will like it.

Emblems: The same condition will apply to emblems, each raid will award the proper emblems, and it will be impossible to earn any higher emblems if the player didn’t conquer the proper raids. The order will be: Heroism/Valour-Conquest- Triumph-Frost.

Transfers: There will be unlimited transfers until we reach the 1000 player cap, so everyone of will be able to transfer their Kirin Tor characters to Algalon, but there will be restrictions in gear/achievement/items to transfer. As we said there will be two kinds of transfers. We thought on the two kinds of transfers between our realms: The so called “clone-transfer†method where you will be able to stay with your character on both realms and “delete-transfer†method where you will lose your character from the other realm and just have the new realm location. Why we do this? Because as this will be a progression realm the non-allowed gear and achievements will be deleted from the character once transferred, so if the player wants to keep it, that player can use the "clone- transfer". Of course we will also allow transfers from Algalon to Kirin Tor, for the people that don’t like the progression realm once they have experimented with it. Also it will not be possible to transfer to Algalon until every Realm First level 80 race and class achievements are earned, along with the Realm First Grand Masters Professional.

Beta Test: There are a lot of players that deserves our gratitude, because even as they are dreaming about this realm they have been playing patiently in Kirin Tor since the day 1, helping in every way they could, supporting us and giving us their ideas and suggestions. For this loyalty we will offer to them a Beta Test, to let them step into Algalon first. We will never forget for their support and help. Their names are in our hearts and memories.

We can’t share any more details about how the realm will work exactly for now. We will be the unique server that will be really progressive and where things will be totally impossible to do through easier methods, with this kind of realm it will be the start of a new era. This will not be a realm with just some raids closed to make it released gradually, there will be all kind of restrictions, and its design/implemented and everything thought made to maintain the eternal progression. They’re manly large scale systems in place to make this possible.

We will reveal and explain every detail of how it will work, in fact we will create a new section in the website (and a corresponding section in the Forums) where will be described each system to leave no player with any doubts. We consider that the ideas we have had for make this possible are really unique and we don’t want to reveal them so close to the release, we don’t want to risk theft on those ideas.

Thank you for reading and we hope you like it.

Aegaeon @ Kirin Tor
Aegaeon
the Hallowed

80 Night Elf Druid
*_*

Deadoll @ Kirin Tor
Deadoll
80 Undead Priest
Hope the spells are working fine, everything else sounds nice!

Squaids @ Kirin Tor
Squaids

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Great to read this finally,

Been waiting quite a while now.

Just something i'm thinking about and just for clarification: I am not bagging on the server or anything, It's just a simple question.

Do you think you can reach the 1000 population cap or build the population more? I mean if we think about it, the only reason most people play private servers is caus they can obtain w/e they want with their money. And seeing that this is a non-bis-donation server, I was just wondering if you have done anything to promote Dalaran-WoW or did anything to get more people to join the server.

Don't get me wrong, having a low pop server is always a nice little community, though it can get tough if you want people to PvP/PvE Comfortably.

Other than that, gj with everything.

Bronsted @ Kirin Tor
Bronsted

72 Undead Mage
''Azerothians,

Trans-location complete. Commencing planetary analysis of Azeroth. Are you ready to read this news?

We, as The Pantheon , shaped worlds and watched over the universe, and we proudly forged and finished a Progressive Server called: ALGALON.''

Most epic intro to the most epic private server concept, named after most epic boss in wow history...

Dalaran-WoW staff...you are the best, I take my hat off to you and your project.

Asmodeus @ Kirin Tor
Asmodeus
28 Draenei Shaman
can't wait, keep up the good work ! best wotlk server !

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Hello there,

Thank you all, yes, I have to recognize that this will be something really huge and will be an epic history to remember.

Bubbleoseven, 1.000 players cap is just for the start, we will keep increasing it in function of the population. About the advertisement, if you search a bit on the forums, we have already discussed that topic and explained some of our advertisement campaigns. Anyways, the whole internet will start knowing about Algalon Realm from now on.

What Spadita meant, is that transfers will be closed once we reach 1.000 players though.

Glad to see you like it, thank you.

Bokac @ Kirin Tor
Bokac
1 Night Elf Priest
Oh my God... OH MY DAMN GOD!

Karkazz @ Kirin Tor
Karkazz
80 Draenei Hunter
Big ups for all the staff for undiminished dedication and work,
wish i had more time to play on this awesome server :)

@ Kirin Tor
All Races All Class
Edited by on 2013-11-14 11:09:50
Wow, is all I have to say! That introduction went beyond all of my expectations.
It really displays the dedication, love and passion put into the project.

Looking more and more promising, can't wait for the beta server!

Thort @ Kirin Tor
Thort

80 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Thort on 2013-11-14 11:20:23
This is some great news indeed, can't wait for it to be opened, big props to the staff for their dedication.

Xeroin @ Kirin Tor
Xeroin
80 Human Paladin
Perfect seriously this is very awesome i thought that you guys would share with us some kind of post after 2-3 months but you do it now and you guys give us plenty of information about it. :)

! ! ! "Karkazz you have time stop smoking your weed all day and come play" ! ! !

Seaton @ Kirin Tor
Seaton
No Characters
I'm thoroughly impressed by your work. I never would have expected this much progress from a new server so quickly. I wont be on the progressive server, but my best wishes to those who transfer!

Karkazz @ Kirin Tor
Karkazz
80 Draenei Hunter
! ! ! "Karkazz you have time stop smoking your weed all day and come play" ! ! !

Nooooooooooo, take my family but not that !!!

Neimii @ Kirin Tor
Neimii

1 Human Priest
Omg this is awesome news! And such a great introduction too ^^ really looking forward to being able to play on this server and progressing through all the Wotlk content again! Thank you so much Dalaran WoW staff for making this happen and for all your hard work!

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
I hope night elf mohawks are allowed on there...

Gumbel @ Kirin Tor
Gumbel

80 Human Mage
I don't think it's any secret or a surprise to anybody that I'm SUPER excited about this. Quite the introduction to the this awesome server as well. Good job all of the Dalaran-WoW staff. Can't wait to play through this entire xpac again.

Lifé @ Kirin Tor
Lifé

76 Draenei Death Knight
Guys, you rock. You totaly rock. I do not have the words to describe the good work you were doing since the beginning of the Kirin Tor realm, and i am more than happy to hear that the content will unlock after several months. Dalaran-wow deserve to be the best WOTLK server.

Now fellows, Spread the word, let everyone know that the long forgotten feeling of a real retail server it's going to be released. I'm sure that population will increase, don't worry. Keep it up with the good work.

-Satyricon

Fabio @ Kirin Tor
Fabio
1 Dwarf Paladin
Thats amazing! Geztapo is very happy now.

Lifé @ Kirin Tor
Lifé

76 Draenei Death Knight
1 Thing, when is the beta comming out ?:)

Fabio @ Kirin Tor
Fabio
1 Dwarf Paladin
I also hope that Rfd wont be there :)))

Rupture @ Kirin Tor
Rupture

72 Human Rogue
Dumb question.. but rates will be 1x?

Aizen @ Kirin Tor
Aizen
Staff Member
Dumb question.. but rates will be 1x?

Yes Skorn, rates will be x1.

Danielkem @ Kirin Tor
Danielkem
Warbringer

80 Human Warrior
Edited by Danielkem on 2013-11-14 20:06:00
Seems like this will be an amazing opening with an epic adventure upcoming. I'm waiting and hoping it will be released on some kind of weekend so I can put some effort in claiming the realm firsts :P

Schwing @ Kirin Tor
Schwing

80 Night Elf Druid
Can't wait. I am so impressed by this staff's competence and dedication. Hope I can beta test.

Monkeydruffy @ Kirin Tor
Monkeydruffy

80 Tauren Druid
Sounds awesome.
"So any group that contains members that have progressed further than their comrades, even if some of that group has the achievement and better gear, will not be able to equip it if another member still needs the achievement."
This bothers me a bit. If I wanna help my friends/regularly boost/help other people I have to keep sets for every dungeon in the game? I dont think that fits in anyones bank, let aside sidegrades/consumables/reagents/profession stuff etc.

-- @ Kirin Tor
--
No Characters
Hello Monkeydruffy, to answer your question in a short and simple notice:

There shall be no boosts at all, every player will have to go through the same experience as the rest of the community. Basically, let's say if you want to help a friend who just hit 80 and he wants to go Naxxramas while you are already done with Ulduar, there will be a restriction method (which we gonna talk more about in the future) which will be applied.

About additional space / bags, don't worry about those, you will need around 133 free slots for your gear once you reach Icecrown Citadel 25, and that will happen 9 months after release, since a minimum would be 3 months. In addition, with Portable Holes it would be even easier to manage it properly, and not to mention Alternative Characters as well, you'll be able to store everything you want on them. You'll also be able to help your friends with your alts as well. There are multiple posibilites and outcomes.

Thank you for your interest.

Haldron @ Kirin Tor
Haldron
the Patient

80 Troll Hunter
Really good news,thank you Dalaran WoW.With "clone" system implemented im sure "Is Godlike" will give a try in this new/old adventures ;)

Arcaneskills @ Kirin Tor
Arcaneskills
19 Human Mage
Finally! Been waiting for it for a while, now just a bit more of patience.

However, you got me confused here. When people with, let's say, ICC gear 'clone' their character on the other realm, do they keep the gear but stay unable to use it unless everyone is done with the previous raids, or do they actually get to lose that gear on the cloned character?

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Hello Arcaneskills

Why we do this? Because as this will be a progression realm the non-allowed gear and achievements will be deleted from the character once transferred

I think this solve your doubts.

This way every player will start with the same conditions than the rest.

Regards.

Haldron @ Kirin Tor
Haldron
the Patient

80 Troll Hunter
Well,i think "cloning" will be just option to have the same toon on both realms,but gear is not transfered.Cuz that would be unfair,it would basically mean,when we get to ICC,i can just put my full ICC gear on and pewpew.But lets wait for some staff member to respond,just to be sure ;)

Cathy @ Kirin Tor
Cathy
74 Blood Elf Paladin
A question as well. You say we can transfer from Kirin Tor to Algalon and vice versa. What about, let's say, the realm first achievements, do we get to keep those too when we transfer?

Xeroin @ Kirin Tor
Xeroin
80 Human Paladin
Ow yea,I would like to ask some of you Staff memeber will my "Realm First" achievments dissapear if i trasnfer. I gues they would 100% dissapear and i will take them again as the normal way i have to.= Tank and spank+pew pew !=Realm first :)

Haldron @ Kirin Tor
Haldron
the Patient

80 Troll Hunter
Amg Xero..there is a reason why they are called Realm,and not Server First :) How i see it is,you clone a char,and then you have "Xeroin,the overgeared paladin,who is farming LK25hc" on Kirin Tor, and you have "Xeroin,the half naked paladin,with epic green gear,who is wiping on Naxx trash" on Algalon realm. So i suppose all your current gear and achies are staying on Kirin Tor,until we take them again on Algalon.And since transfers will be enabled after realm first class/race/proff are taken,that means your paladin wont be able to participate in that race,except if you wanna level up a new char in order to maybe grab one of that realm firsts.

My question actually is this: Will all content be available on Kirin Tor (ICC10/25hc and RS10/25 n/hc) before the release of new realm and if the answer is "Yes",will that be done some decent ammount of time before the release of Algalon,so guilds that actually did hard work to progress trough endgame have time to clear that raids? Because some realm first on Kirin Tor are still not taken,and having efficient raiding on 2 realms at the same time is kinda painfull.

Bokac @ Kirin Tor
Bokac
1 Night Elf Priest
HALDRON AHAHHAHA :D Nice one :D

Schwing @ Kirin Tor
Schwing

80 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't call getting Emblems of Triumph from five-mans 'hard work'

Arcaneskills @ Kirin Tor
Arcaneskills
19 Human Mage
OK, stop the hate!

Otherwise, thanks for clarifying this to me^.

Haldron @ Kirin Tor
Haldron
the Patient

80 Troll Hunter
Edited by Haldron on 2013-11-15 09:20:35
Schwing,please,if you dont have anything smart to say,then keep your mouths shut.I politely asked a question,so your sarcastic response is not necessary.And yes,clearing all 10 and 25 man raids available on this server numeouros times in order to get the gear and prepare for heroic version of raids,while rest of the server is barely scraping ICC door is not easy.As i see,your guild has different goal then mine,but i wasnt bashing you.Getting any emblems in this game is not hard work,and this entire game on any patch is not hard work,so much for that.Its a figure of speech.Good luck in your future adventures.Cheers.

Hurricane @ Kirin Tor
Hurricane

70 Dwarf Priest
Im so excited about the algalon server. For me the only way to transfer a character from kirin tor realm should be a full lvl 75 green geared character with empty bags, empty bank, professions to 0 and all the achievements to 0. Then, it will be fair for the others algalon players.

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
Probilary a dumb question, and sorry if asked before, but will transfers from Kirin'Tor to here be free, or how much votes will it cost?

Lifé @ Kirin Tor
Lifé

76 Draenei Death Knight
free

Danielkem @ Kirin Tor
Danielkem
Warbringer

80 Human Warrior
Question to staff, if you transfer will you keep your achievement if it is a realm first. For example I have realm first warrior on kirin'tor will I keep that if I transfer and will my title remain as Warbringer on Algalon?

Jay @ Kirin Tor
Jay
No Characters
Danielkem, no.

Also it will not be possible to transfer to Algalon until every Realm First level 80 race and class achievements are earned, along with the Realm First Grand Masters Professional.

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Edited by Lothloryen on 2013-11-15 19:35:44
Hello there,

We will publish a new section in the website with all the information you will need before transfer your character.

Just one clarification, professions will be restricted, of course achievements or Titles related with WoTLK raids, instances, emblems....etc will not be transfered (you will be able to keep it is on Kirin Tor if you choose to clone your character).

Also, Northrend's 5 man instance bosses will not drop Emblems of Triumph unless you have the required progression to get them. Everything will be totally adapted in function to each player's progression. This is what will make Algalon a unique server, a part of the Scripts quality, of course.

Do not worry, everything will be explained in detail through the new section dedicated just for Algalon Realm: Transfers conditions, how Algalon will work, which kind of restrictions there will be...etc.

Transfers will be for free for those Kirin Tor players who are already playing, after some period of time, it will cost Vote Points / Donation Points.

Thank you very much for your interest, we are also very excited with Algalon.

Wisk @ Kirin Tor
Wisk

1 Blood Elf Warlock
Sounds like it's guna be fun. Outa my way and let me in. :)

Wisk @ Kirin Tor
Wisk

1 Blood Elf Warlock
Dude dont say that. im not 75 yet :D

Testinhes @ Kirin Tor
Testinhes

70 Troll Rogue
this will be legen (wait all for it)... dary!!, i cant wait to play here, good job! spread the word!!!

Flowerfield @ Kirin Tor
Flowerfield

70 Troll Warrior
good jobs :DDD

Kult @ Kirin Tor
Kult

80 Blood Elf Paladin
any clue about an ETA of this new realm? i joined in this server because i saw this announcement...so can't wait!! :D

Fabio @ Kirin Tor
Fabio
1 Dwarf Paladin
Also, server will be PVE or PVP?

Forze @ Kirin Tor
Forze
the Kingslayer

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Forze on 2013-11-17 19:55:45
PVP

not 100% on this, but i'm quite sure

Kravica @ Kirin Tor
Kravica
the Kingslayer

80 Tauren Druid
Just Whoa +1 for clone transfer

Boneschyte @ Kirin Tor
Boneschyte

76 Undead Rogue
Niagara Falls 'aint got s*** on me, that's how wet I am right now!

Sacredheal @ Kirin Tor
Sacredheal
the Kingslayer

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a question. If we have an alt on our account, will we be able to transfer it as well, or is it just one character per account?

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Edited by Lothloryen on 2013-11-18 07:44:37
Hello there,

Yes Sacredheal, you will be able to transfer all your characters if you wish. Zakk asked this question here [1 ], also.

Good luck.

[1 ] http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/input-and-assistance/community-support/topic/612/unable-to-create-thread-in-prog-server-section

Gamba @ Kirin Tor
Gamba
50 Dwarf Hunter
Hi all, i'm new to this server and excited for the idea of the progressive server. Just to know, is there an estimated date of the realm opening? Cause i want to level my char in that realm and it'll be quite tedious to restart from scratch all the things i'm doing on the current server.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work :)

Demonique @ Kirin Tor
Demonique
12 Human Warlock
Edited by Demonique on 2013-11-18 19:44:48
I would consider giving up a kidney for this server to be PvE.

When I first learned of Dalaran-WoW and saw what it was and what went into it, I nearly cried at the thought of reliving what I felt was the best era of WoW. I wanted so badly to make this my home, but when I saw that it was a PvP server I died a little inside. To me, PvP is something that one does in areas meant for it and ganking someone while they are questing (and them not even being able to choose to not be flagged) is not PvP but rather griefing and harassment.

Then I saw about this progressive server and the tears threatened once again, especially when I was told of a rumor that the server would be Normal rather than "PvP". I wish with every fiber of my being for it to be true so that I can finally have a place that I can not simply call my home but feel is truly my home.

Could a blue post clarify this? Hopefully, for me, in the affirmative of "PvE" rather than the negative of "PvP", but if not then at least I can let go of hope and sadly walk away knowing the answer.

Jozzul @ Kirin Tor
Jozzul
1 Troll Mage
Can someone please tell me the situation of the faction balance on this server, so that i know what faction to choose. Thanks in advance.

Ari @ Kirin Tor
Ari

80 Draenei Warrior
For the few that make PvP negative it pisses off the many who do it properly. So please isntead of blaming everyone that PvP's on a pvp server for this griefing and what not do your research first. Also there really isnt any greifing or ganking on this server at all.

Sad day for the PvP'ers. We are always looked down on by all who have no clue what real PvP is.

Boneschyte @ Kirin Tor
Boneschyte

76 Undead Rogue
What Vigour said. I have great memories from leveling as both a rogue and a priest and getting to level 80 with over 1k HKs, fighting for mobs with alliance in tanaris, STV, getting pvp gear in Nagrand/Hellfire/Terrokar, 1vX-ing people leveling in the same area as me, making friends by saving them from getting "ganked" by multiple people in the same level range while leveling. It's part of the game and it can be great fun while leveling if you have any clue how it works + it provides that fresh breath of air from killing x mobs/gathering x items.

Ari @ Kirin Tor
Ari

80 Draenei Warrior
Your awesome.

Zakk @ Kirin Tor
Zakk

80 Human Warrior
I agree with Vigour and Boneschyte. While I've never been one to get too involved in world pvp (unless they provoke me, of course) it makes the game feel more alive. What is the point in having two factions if there is no hostility or pvp when you cross paths? While being ganked can be annoying, to my understanding 80's on this server haven't done any of that. My time on this server I have had some great world pvp experiences. Sure, I have been questing and ambushed, but it was never by 80's and they never camped.

Paradox @ Kirin Tor
Paradox
1 Human Warrior
So if I start to level on Kirin Tor, I can transfer right over to this server when its finished? if not i will wait to start when its released

Guliaf @ Kirin Tor
Guliaf

70 Night Elf Hunter
You can NOT transfer until all server firsts have been achieved. Which includes all class/race level 80s. All professions leveled to 450 skill.
Now keep in mind that everyone will be leveling 1-80, except DKs (all race server firsts will be DKs), not 70-80 like it was on retail. And even then it took like a week for adequate people to hit 80. Then, once people are 80, you need to wait until everyone gets their professions to 450.
I do not remember exactly, but I think some professions would take daily quests to level last 10 skill ups. Jewelcrafting, for example. I think in the end, only prism gives skill ups.

So combine 1-80 for like a week+, then profession skill ups for another few days. You basically stuck looking at people playing the server you waited for for about 10-14 days before you are let to transfer.

That, if I am at least close to being correct, answers the question if you should wait or start leveling on Kirin Tor to transfer later.

Another thing is that administration is waiting on Kirin Tor to stabilize on population, and if you create characters just to xfer them later to Algalon, it only creates the confusion for the staff.

Paradox @ Kirin Tor
Paradox
1 Human Warrior
okay, great. i actually thought people were able to transfer their 80s immediately which would create a huge gap. but that's great to know. thank you ariyan.

Veri @ Kirin Tor
Veri
2 Troll Hunter
I assume Algalon is not going to take that long to release? Since you guys have almost everything ready from Kirin Tor. Just the progressive ideas you guys have.

Duk @ Kirin Tor
Duk
the Magic Seeker

80 Night Elf Druid
Awesome, can't wait for it... See ya lads soon

Basescu @ Kirin Tor
Basescu
the Patient

80 Blood Elf Paladin
so can you tell us a date of the Agalon release?

Plaguedoctor @ Kirin Tor
Plaguedoctor

78 Undead Death Knight
Guys, im not sure what kind of strategical move you made there with this post. As a person, who was looking for a progressive wotlk server for over 2 years now, I can without any doubt state that I highly admire your work and determination. But why would you avoid a question of "release date" so much? You were kindly answering almost each and every question in this thread, except of date estimation. Of course, you're still working on it and providing an exact date would be too soon, but why not give an estimate of it? I believe its not only me who is refreshing main page like 10 times a day, hoping to see something new about Algalon. There is nothing wrong you can do. You are giving people a hope, that among crap loads of funservers, custom "over 9000" lvl bs with "omg look at my lolmourne" donation trophies, there still is a place for ressurected, true blizzlike wotlk experience. All of us are ready to wait, so that at the end of it all we could happily state, that Dalaran wow is our second home, where we can relax after busy day at work, school or wtv.

If you decide to ignore this post as the rest of this kind - fine, but let me say this: fanbase you created here is much stronger than I have ever seen over 8 years of my WoW adventures. Even if you provide us with a release date and for some reason it doesnt happen, I am sure that there would be no "OMFG WHY NO RELEASE NAO" crap. Its only respect for doing something really great that others could enjoy. Perfection requires work, work requires time. Right now it just seems like "You wanted a bone, heres your bone. Chew on it.". Four months ago it was "it will take few months", few months ago it was population matter, now its a nice post, written with lots of passion and skill, and..."soon", "so close to release".

Orzechowy @ Kirin Tor
Orzechowy
80 Blood Elf Priest
I believe its not only me who is refreshing main page like 10 times a day, hoping to see something new about Algalon.

Thank God Im not alone ;]

Jozzul @ Kirin Tor
Jozzul
1 Troll Mage
Yeah and not to mention that you probably sent e-mail to every user who created account on this server. I got mine 7 days ago telling me that the server is going up very soon, i am not trying to be pushy or disrespectful, but like Milk said... Throw us a bone here.

Fullmetal @ Kirin Tor
Fullmetal

70 Tauren Druid
I think you should stop whining and let the people finish their work ; )

Jozzul @ Kirin Tor
Jozzul
1 Troll Mage
I wasn't whining, like i said i got e-mail 7 days ago telling me that they are opening a new progressive server. That got me hyped like a motherfucker, because i was waiting for that server for months. So i downloaded wotlk again and now 7 days later nothing. I don't want them to rush i just want a blue post to keep informing us on the server status, I don't think i am asking for much.

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
ETA would be very nice. :)

Vex @ Kirin Tor
Vex
12 Human Paladin
well just play on Kirin-Tor xD if we rise population on that realm as ive heard they will launch progressive server then 10-20 crazys can rush for realm first and stuff we will probably be able to transfer after week or two ;p

Keleth @ Kirin Tor
Keleth

25 Human Priest
Release algalon early December, definitely before Christmas. If they are still waiting for 400 people online kirin tor its never gonna happen. Most people who ever levelled on kirin tor don't play there and don't want to, they just want algalon. Algalon pop will be much much larger than kirin tor.

If you wait too long your release will clash with corecraft which will likely be early-mid next year. Clashing with corecraft will on hurt the server pop.

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
^ this. i know several people who stopped one or two weeks after they hit 80 and are only waiting for the progressive realm to launch.

Trackmaniac @ Kirin Tor
Trackmaniac
80 Undead Warlock
Ah so thats what is happening. Waiting for population to increase here before opening the progressive realm?

I stopped leveling right after starting my druid here. (about a month ago) after looking around the forum and reading about this upcoming server. Decided to just wait then.

I just don't see a point in leveling, knowing i'll be doing it again when the progressive realm is out, unless I want to transfer it after those realm first achieves are all done. naaaaaa

I'm not trying to push any release date with this post, just saying what I think many other people are doing. Waiting to level as a group on a busy new realm, and not leveling up on dalaran-wow

Lifé @ Kirin Tor
Lifé

76 Draenei Death Knight
Agree with the post above, at least give us some news

Fullmetal @ Kirin Tor
Fullmetal

70 Tauren Druid
Instead of waiting for population on Kirin Tor to grow we can have a poll to estimate how many people will play on Algalon ; )

Vex @ Kirin Tor
Vex
12 Human Paladin
well tbh i agree to , lvling on ALGALON would be hell a funn than lvling on Kirin-tor since everything on lower lvls would be active and realm is fresh :P so yeah im kinda bored to lvl on Kirin-tor too and my friends dont even want to lvl on it they just want progressive realm think many ppl share same toughts.. anyway im still patiently waiting for the realm... so yeah good job making realm like this think many ppl will play on it since its unique.

Rupture @ Kirin Tor
Rupture

72 Human Rogue
Will there be a transfer cap on gold?

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Hello there,

As you can read both this post and the e-mail that was sent to everyone, we wanted to inform about Algalon's development had been finalized. We have also clarified that the dates have still to be decided as we are working on the final touches and website's synchronization. In fact, you can read in this topic that I already said that we would publish a date when we decide it.

Today we have invited some players (who have helped us to record scenes for the Progressive Server's promotional video and "We Need You" campaign) to show them how some systems will work on Algalon.

About the release date, I am going to say the same thing we have told them: We would love and we are striving to be able to release Algalon this Christmas but the only certain date we can give you is that the release will not happen in more than 2 months.

Thank you.

Forze @ Kirin Tor
Forze
the Kingslayer

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Forze on 2013-11-24 23:19:33
As one of the people who had the opportunity to be a part of that campaign and have a sneak peak, I'd like to tell everyone that, Algalon, is going to be awesome. It'll be worth the wait. It'll be like nothing seen before. The concept of progression here is hardcore, and imo better than what Blizzard had.

/Salute to the GMs

Regards!
~

Lonerina @ Kirin Tor
Lonerina
Elder

80 Blood Elf Priest
Heya everyone,
After reading the latest news I'd like to make a question to GMs and whole community:
Is it really a good idea to release it during the Christmas period or in the early January?
My opinion about this is that lot of people will miss the actual release of the server due to " Christmas duties " and besides let's not forget there are some among us who are going to have exams during the next two months; but if the last one it could affect just me or a few of us, Christmas makes harder to play for many if not all of us here.
As everyone who replied to this post, im eager to play on Algalon aswell, but it would be just a shame if we cannot enjoy it at 100% due to the bad timing of its release.
That being said let me wish you the best fellow adventures, inside and outside Azeroth.

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
Curious, as always. PvP, how is that going to be fixed? Forced to do PvE or? Arenas as new 80? Any infos about that?

Guliaf @ Kirin Tor
Guliaf

70 Night Elf Hunter
"PvP, how is that going to be fixed? Forced to do PvE or?"

Are you trying to troll or something? What do you mean by "forced"? And what is there to be fixed, 3.3.5 is probably the most balanced version.
Not to mention how many times it is told about server being blizzlike.

+1 to not releasing it on Christmas. Early January is the best.

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
Edited by Globox on 2013-11-25 01:20:56
Imo staff should release the next season of pvp gear once several guilds on each faction progress to the next raid.

For example we start with deadly pvp gear and once a couple of guilds from each faction have progressed to ulduar then furious should be released.

I don't see a way to do a continuous progression concerning PVP though, and it'll only work if people fighting in arena have the same PVP gear so yeah... should be released gradually but in the end it would just end up like any other 3.3.5 server... i guess progression realms aren't made with pvp in mind.

Veri @ Kirin Tor
Veri
2 Troll Hunter
Im so excited to play here that Christmas or early january would be good for me.

Boneschyte @ Kirin Tor
Boneschyte

76 Undead Rogue
Globox that is what they have in mind:

"The first era: the content will be released gradually, so if a guild/raids finish the first raid content, they will have to wait until we "unlock" the next one (this will be around 3 months per raid/arena season)."

From that you can tell that each tier of PvP gear will be released along their Pve counterpart.

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
Also like Sylvaesam said it seems we will be forced to do PVE actually.

Since you need some PVE gear in arena especially once you're at relentless and wrathful gear levels that means if you start playing arena during that phase of the progression then you would be forced to go and progress through naxx then ulduar etc etc until you can get some ICC offsets for your arena set. Or if not forced then at least your enemies in arena that did progress through the raid content will be at a huge advantage with their PVE trinkets etc etc.

Which actually thinking about it gave me an idea.... Arena would be 100x better and more balanced if PVE gear was completely not aloud inside arena on Algalon. Like make some kind of script where PVE gear isn't equipable inside arena.
Although you don't start off with full PVP gear and PVP weapons always cost arena points so would need to think of a way around that one to be able to enter arena to get the points etc.

Trackmaniac @ Kirin Tor
Trackmaniac
80 Undead Warlock
Just because people have exams, doesn't mean they wont join in with the rest of us later anyway. (older players who work daily)

Having a balance of people starting out at different periods will help break up leveling populations, instead of a massive couple weeks of people with similar levels, then chance seeing some very dead zones.

Lonerina @ Kirin Tor
Lonerina
Elder

80 Blood Elf Priest
@Rubix
What you say is right, that's why I said that was a minor thing compared to releasing it during Christmas. Ofc we could all join the server later, but many of us have been following this website, playing on Kirin Tor just to keep an eye on the progressive realm release, so it would be sad if we couldn't join it from the first day!

Anyway its up to the developers when to release it, we can just experience what they made for us.
Best regards, Lone

Flyingbull @ Kirin Tor
Flyingbull
50 Tauren Druid
yea lets just put the whole rollout on hold until all the students are done with their exams. Because no one else has a real job.
Also don't think any toon xfers should be enabled for several months. It's a progressive realm, make everyone roll fresh.
It will stink for me, just rolled fresh here and in 2 months will be doing it again.
Can't see any other fair way for people to actually get realm firsts. assuming that is one of the many reasons of course.

Alastia @ Kirin Tor
Alastia

80 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm agree with lonerina but It's sad to say because he is a Nab :)

Bokac @ Kirin Tor
Bokac
1 Night Elf Priest
Why the hell GMs still didnt lock this post? :D

Fotm @ Kirin Tor
Fotm

55 Orc Death Knight
"all the habitants already living in Kirin Tor waiting Algalon release, will be rewarded since we received the Observer's message, regardless of outcome."

I hope this is for all kirin tor players, i have not played in months due to the fact im waiting FOR algalon, if it turns out that only active players get something that'll suck D:

Testinhes @ Kirin Tor
Testinhes

70 Troll Rogue
well, they asked a lot of times to the players who were waiting for algalon to help the server playing on Kirin Tor so, i think that we who are playing even just a bit to increase the population are who deserve it xd. i am here mostly because i want to experience that progression on pvp seasons with no op donor gear like other pservers and with restrictions, i want to live again like it was on retail and even of that, i have been playing here for help the server to increase the population (tons of hours afk though)

Asd @ Kirin Tor
Asd
No Characters
Edited by Asd on 2013-11-29 00:31:34
A few months back I was looking for this. Never found it.

I LOVE YOU!

Can't wait for this to happen. In the meantime I am going to try and get as many people as I can to join, level up on the existing realm and wait.

There is demand for this, just have to reach them somehow

edit: 100th post WHEEEEEE!

Guliaf @ Kirin Tor
Guliaf

70 Night Elf Hunter
No, this is 100th reply.

Asd @ Kirin Tor
Asd
No Characters
Oioi dont get snappy now... I said " post ", not " reply ". 1st one counts too

Bosnian @ Kirin Tor
Bosnian

74 Draenei Shaman
cant wait for opening of server.Just hope that horde will not get to be soo stronger than allays in every way like on the last last relam :P

Robert @ Kirin Tor
Robert
No Characters
Will every single achievement get removed after the transfer to algalon or only those raid related (end game) ones?

Example: I transfer a level 40 character. Will I then lose my achievements I got with her? Like 100 quests done, hit level 10, 20, 30 and 40, Classic dungeon completed etc.

Thanks for your time!

/S

Laxner @ Kirin Tor
Laxner

40 Tauren Druid
Might have been asked before, didn't have the time to check it.
But I was wondering wether there would be heirlooms available in the vote/donate shop upon release of the new server? Or will they be added whenever all class/race/prof realm firsts have been achieved?

Thanks in advance,
Lax

Aizen @ Kirin Tor
Aizen
Staff Member
But I was wondering wether there would be heirlooms available in the vote/donate shop upon release of the new server? Or will they be added whenever all class/race/prof realm firsts have been achieved?

Heirlooms will be available once Realm firsts are taken.

Lifé @ Kirin Tor
Lifé

76 Draenei Death Knight
Some news ? ;s

Trackmaniac @ Kirin Tor
Trackmaniac
80 Undead Warlock
no news is good news!

well no
no it isnt
this really sucks .
dam (#*&$ (#*&$
i want to play progresssiveeeeeeeeeeeee

Guliaf @ Kirin Tor
Guliaf

70 Night Elf Hunter
They said they will try for Christmas release. So, even assuming classic for such things two week notice, at least wait till December 11th.

Also, it has been said that everything is complete and ready for release. So, what other news could be there? You are desperate to start playing here, but the best thing would be to just calm down and organize a different hobby at least until after xmas.

Most likely, they are designing a huge post mentioned few times on the forums, with all the information possible. That post will come out with the release date in the last or first paragraph. Just relax and get yourself into getting presents for your family; winter holidays are right around the corner.

Aizen @ Kirin Tor
Aizen
Staff Member
Edited by Aizen on 2013-12-05 07:46:04
Most likely, they are designing a huge post mentioned few times on the forums, with all the information possible. That post will come out with the release date in the last or first paragraph. Just relax and get yourself into getting presents for your family; winter holidays are right around the corner.

Ariyan couldn't have said it better, just wait calmly and you'll get more information at due time

@ Kirin Tor
All Races All Class
Really looking forward to this. Hopefully most of the quests will be working too since with 1x xp rates, obviously you will have to do lots of quests

Sugar @ Kirin Tor
Sugar
2 Blood Elf Paladin
Beyond excited for this server to go up. You guys have seem to have a great community. I keep trying to tell my friend to quit panda and come back to the best days of WoW (Wotlk) but they just don't understand how beautiful of a time this was. Progression server is gonna be the highlight of my senior year of college for sure :DD

Aikon @ Kirin Tor
Aikon
65 Tauren Shaman
I post it here once more and then i log off, waiting ...
I really don't know when all the europeans begin their Christmas Holiday, but in Romania it start on 21 Dec for almost all the people, kids and grown-ups alike. I think opening it between 21 Dec and 6 Jan 2014 will have a great impact on this server population mostly because... there are no worries about homework for next day at school or task for your job to complete...
In the end, I should mention that it would be the best x - mas present this year if on 24 we would recieve a mail stating that Algalon will be up on 25 Dec at 8:00 GMT (please state de country for the hour cause i play from a GMT +2 country....)

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
I hope they don't release it until after new years personally because a lot of people will be doing things with family and friends over christmas, at least I won't be able to play during this time. Who wants to sit playing wow instead of being out getting pissed with friends :p

Danielkem @ Kirin Tor
Danielkem
Warbringer

80 Human Warrior
Could anyone give an ETA of when this server will be released? This year :)?

Azizh @ Kirin Tor
Azizh

1 Human Priest
Probably mid-january

Aikon @ Kirin Tor
Aikon
65 Tauren Shaman
Edited by Aikon on 2013-12-21 14:19:14
@Durin After new years most people go to work/school. No matter when they will open, at what hour, there will be still players that have something to lose. Personally i wait it to open as soon as possible.

Fabio @ Kirin Tor
Fabio
1 Dwarf Paladin
It would be nice if they release it this year.

@ Kirin Tor
All Races All Class
Would be nice if they'd release it right now, literally. I'm tired of updating this thread 10 times a day.

Danielkem @ Kirin Tor
Danielkem
Warbringer

80 Human Warrior
Edited by Danielkem on 2013-12-21 22:18:46
@loldrjekyll

You're not alone xD

Aikon @ Kirin Tor
Aikon
65 Tauren Shaman
You mean "you're not alone", right...? :))

Danielkem @ Kirin Tor
Danielkem
Warbringer

80 Human Warrior
Edited by Danielkem on 2013-12-21 22:20:42
Obviously, thanks for correcting me though :)

Please don't kill me :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM

Goldbeard @ Kirin Tor
Goldbeard
1 Dwarf Warrior
I can't wait for the opening :P :P Please open open open

Haehaehaehae @ Kirin Tor
Haehaehaehae

1 Human Mage
< Realm first level 80

Et @ Kirin Tor
Et
1 Blood Elf Priest
Excellent, this will be perfect! it seems to me sound good, really experience about WoTLK good job Dalaran-WoW Staff and keep going!

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
I'm still doubting if I will transfer, and that is for 1 reason, since all reputation will be set to Honored, will the quests also be reset?

Frostriver @ Kirin Tor
Frostriver

80 Human Mage
Faerol, there will be clone transfers, so you can transfer just to test it and etc and if you don't like it, you will play back on kirin tor.

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
I leveled to 80, getting several faction to revered or higher, but it should be at least fair that the quests get reset, yes, this also means with the achievements. Why? Some also want to get exalted, and just play like they have leveled there.
It's just a simple question, could use its help.

Forze @ Kirin Tor
Forze
the Kingslayer

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a solution for you. Level from 1, like the others.

You're getting an awesome offer, you don't like it. Go with the normal way then, level from 1.

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
What is wrong with asking a question? If something is unsure to you, you give up, or ask?

Can I get an answer to the question now, or will I get more complaints, will quests be reset if you transfer?

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
You already got an answer m8

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
Can you link me it then, I haven't seen a 'yes' or 'no.'

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
@Furo/Monney

I messaged a GM about quest history and achievements relating to completing quest. They told me quest history and accompanying achievements will be saved with only a few exceptions such as Scarab Lord.

Thank you.

posted in the restrictions thread
also it doesn't really matter since you can farm reputation easily through instances in wotlk

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
Yeah, but not home factions, they will be reset, and then you got to farm ATG for a year, just for the rep? ;o

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
Edited by Hoodboy on 2014-01-01 17:08:10
do you mean stormwind, ironforge etc.? i don't think they will be reset at all

Zakk @ Kirin Tor
Zakk

80 Human Warrior
@Faerol,
The only factions being reset to honored are Northrend factions. Home factions will not be tampered with. If any other faction is going to be reset they would have specified the changes in the post. However, it only states "Northrend factions will be reset to honored".

Thank you.

Meilly @ Kirin Tor
Meilly
15 Human Mage
I loved the idea "Progressive Server" *-*, but just 1000 players cap :o?

I think GM should close the other realm and only concentrate on realm "Algalon"... and increase the population of the server for 5000 players cap :).

"On my opition Dalaran-Wow has everything to be the best private server."

*Thanks for reading :3
(Bad English)

Haehaehaehae @ Kirin Tor
Haehaehaehae

1 Human Mage
In my opinion, its going to be the best WOTLK server you will ever find! No custom / donation gear, no increased xx rates, stabile and protected server, a good community, SCRIPTED and also bug fix daily.

Me and 10+ Friends are waiting for Algalon - (atleast we want to know a release date)

Nightwalker @ Kirin Tor
Nightwalker

1 Draenei Priest
Does anyone know when will Algalon be released?

Iamfish @ Kirin Tor
Iamfish
1 Night Elf Druid
No, they said no more than 2 months 1.5 months ago. But my guess is late april/early May. Because come on, when it comes to release date of private servers you know it's gonna be later than sooner

Zakk @ Kirin Tor
Zakk

80 Human Warrior
Iamfish, Firestyler,

To my understanding the server Algalon has been completed and beta testing has started/already happened. I believe now they are just tweaking and perfecting some finalizing touches to the server.

I highly doubt we will have to wait until April/May. I am thinking this month or at latest sometime in February.

Have faith in the Dalaran-WoW team. They have worked diligently and at a timely pace with Kirin Tor thus far.

Gohax @ Kirin Tor
Gohax

80 Undead Priest
A small thing that concerns me:
When you progressed through some raids already, you will need to store multiple sets of gear (since every raid has it's gear restrictions related to item level).
Will there be any custom bags in order to compensate the need of quite many inventory/bank slots to manage the gear (if you progressed to the 3rd raid for example and have main and offspec, you already need to store 6 sets of gear in theory) or will you just need to get along with the normal inventory/bank space you have?

Zakk @ Kirin Tor
Zakk

80 Human Warrior
Why would you need to save all of your gear? I am pretty sure if you have equipped ulduar gear or whatever it is safe to assume you previously owned naxx gear. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your concern Gohax, but there will not be any reason we have to keep every gear set we have progressed with.

Awkward @ Kirin Tor
Awkward

80 Draenei Shaman
Zakk, Gohax is actually correct in a sense. You will need to save each gear set due to there being restrictions for each and every raid. They have said it before, but they stated that they don't want anyone to power level through the content for new 80s trying to gear up, so if you wanted to run naxx, but you have already... let's say done ToC and parts of ICC, then you will have to re-equip your naxx gear in order to enter this raid so it won't be too easy for the 80s and everyone will keep going through the content as it is supposed to be.

Zakk @ Kirin Tor
Zakk

80 Human Warrior
Oh I understand the concern now. A player may want to save gear sets in case they wish to backtrack and do Naxx again or something. Because they have ICC gear equipped they will not be able to enter the Naxx raid, thus they will need to save their set of lower ilvl gear to enter. Thanks for clearing that up Awkward.

Nightwalker @ Kirin Tor
Nightwalker

1 Draenei Priest
Zakk
I just need a simply answer,i just asked about Algalon,but can u tell me is worth to lvl now on Kirin Tor,or to wait for Algalon? (if i start to lvling on Kiring Tor,then Algalon apears,i just lvl on Kirin Tor for nothing) i hope u understand my question?

Robert @ Kirin Tor
Robert
No Characters
Edited by Robert on 2014-01-06 21:55:54
Ye I've been wondering the exact same thing as Firestyler above.
I stopped leveling in the meanwhile because I'm unsure whether I should just wait and level on Algalon instead?

To be more specific: Can I transfer my, let's say, level 20-30+ hunter to Algalon when it's released? Do I, for example, lose some of my progress in quests and professions?

Iamfish @ Kirin Tor
Iamfish
1 Night Elf Druid
@firestyler
@sendai

In my opinion, it is NOT worth leveling on kirin tor if you have plans of playing on algalon when it releases. It is possible though to transfer your character to algalon AFTER server firsts has been made. So if you feel like waiting forever, and then transfer your level 30 char sure u can do that.

But yea, as I said you're probably better off just waiting for algalon, there will hopefully be much more people lvling at same time -> more instances and of course, more world pvp

Rothea @ Kirin Tor
Rothea
11 Human Warlock
Zakk , Awkward
I have a question since you will need ur previous patch gear to enter certain instance that will make an issue with inentory won't it how do we solve this.Especialy if u got multiple specs.

Frostriver @ Kirin Tor
Frostriver

80 Human Mage
Edited by Frostriver on 2014-01-07 15:13:13
@Firestyler, @Sendai, @Lamfish, here is my oppinion. I think that, if you won't claim for realm firsts achievements on algalon, leveling on Kirin Tor and transfer has more advantages.
1) You can use RaF feature and to level on 3x till lvl60.
2) If you don't a friend and you don't want to level, you can just donate for level 70 and level up 10 levels.
3) You can level up with heirolooms buyed from vote shop.
4) If you level up a character on Kirin Tor and then FREE transfer him to Algalon, you will have lvl80 on Kirin Tor and on Algalon. (2 lvl80's only with 1 leveling, hell ye)
5) You can transfer with yourself 4k gold + the starting gear (ilvl187) + proffesions and etc. I think this is nice advantage too.
6) You will help the server when you play on Kirin Tor, when new people see community section will see that we have more players online. Which is a good thing.
These are only 6 reasons that I can think right now, maybe there is more.

@Rothea , I've asked a GM about that question and he told me that they will announce it very soon about the matter with High ilevel - Low level dungeon restrictions. So I guess we just have to wait a little bit.

Nightwalker @ Kirin Tor
Nightwalker

1 Draenei Priest
I will wait for Algalon to be released,because i want Realm 1st.

Robert @ Kirin Tor
Robert
No Characters
Thanks Frostriver!

You pose some very interesting reasons and some of them are things I never really thought about. Especially reasons 6 and 4. Since I don't care about realm first, I guess I can just keep on playing my hunter then. =)

Thanks!

Iamfish @ Kirin Tor
Iamfish
1 Night Elf Druid
And then there's the question how well the transfers are gonna work, if they will work at all and whether they're gonna cost or not.

Guliaf @ Kirin Tor
Guliaf

70 Night Elf Hunter
You will sit in forever queue, watching posted screenshots and videos.
On the other note: the excitement about the server has overgone its peak. If you keep waiting for unknown reasons, the demand might not be as high already.

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
Edited by Globox on 2014-01-08 03:17:50
I'm with you on this one Ariyan. I do think the buzz about the progressive server has way overgone its peak and I think people are gonna start to lose interest since it's taking forever to be released.
I went totally afk for like 3 weeks over christmas and honestly I was expecting to at least see something about Algalon when I first checked the website after my inactivity but nope, there wasn't even a release date, let alone the server opening.

It's inevitable that we will find bugs that the small number of staff couldn't find, I think the new server should just be given a release date and the staff should stick by it. If there's any bugs, they can be fixed while we're leveling cause lets be real here, it's going to take MINIMUM 2 weeks before we see level 80 dungeons (more likely 3-4 weeks) and we definitely won't be seeing any raids for over a month because I can remember being one of the first people to hit level 80 on Kirin Tor and it took me 2 weeks (and I really no lifed it)
There was nothing I could do except level professions for a few days because there wasn't enough people at level 80 to do a dungeon, and it was a couple weeks after that we finally hit some raids.

Please staff, release the server already and carry on with the awesome fixes during the first month of opening because nothing major is going to be happening concerning progressive related scripts, only a huge bunch of people having EXTREME fun, levelling in highly populated zones and getting instant queue RDF's!

Edit: @Rikiz, Well that sucks if RDF won't be implemented straight away but even so, I'm sure global chat will be filled with chatter and plenty of people searching for dungeon groups.

Jozzul @ Kirin Tor
Jozzul
1 Troll Mage
I think they said that they are releasing RDF with ToC... Kinda bad but w/e

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
Edited by Hoodboy on 2014-01-08 10:43:35
About the release date, I am going to say the same thing we have told them: We would love and we are striving to be able to release Algalon this Christmas but the only certain date we can give you is that the release will not happen in more than 2 months.

in 1 week this post is 2 months old. any news?rn

Rokstarr @ Kirin Tor
Rokstarr

70 Undead Warlock
I somewhat agree with Durin. A release date would be nice. I think it will even take more than 2 weeks for the first player(s) to hit level 80 taking in consideration the respawn time of mobs/quest items.rnrnI do not think that the buzz is gone though, since imo alot of people are just lurking the homepage to get some news. rnrnI really hope that we will at least have some news very soon eg. this week. Keep in mind dear Dalaran Staff I have to take some days off in advance xD jk

Fabio @ Kirin Tor
Fabio
1 Dwarf Paladin
Agree with you Durin, each day i refresh this website like 5 times or more each day... and nothing...

Lifé @ Kirin Tor
Lifé

76 Draenei Death Knight
Durin is totaly right. People are loosing their interest, and this is taking too long. You gave us a release announcement and all you have done was making us more impatient. At first i was enthuasiastic, but it starts to fade away.

Alcibiades @ Kirin Tor
Alcibiades

80 Human Paladin
Algalon is why I'm on Kirin-Tor at the moment. Even if you're still a few weeks off from releasing the server, it would be nice to get a few updates on progress. It is starting to feel like the initial announcement was a little pre-mature :P

Cuddlebugs @ Kirin Tor
Cuddlebugs

80 Night Elf Rogue
They shouldn't even introduce the server yet because population is just poor. It needs to be at least 2000+ On peak times, before they do the progressive server. Otherwise, it will be 1-2 guilds on each faction raiding ICC and it will be boring and over rather quickly, Dalaran should just introduce instant 60 and 80 at different prices and then the population will soon Boom.

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
Edited by Globox on 2014-01-08 20:27:55
I think the population is small simply because people are just waiting for the progressive realm to be released. It's true that there is a very high demand and very low supply for progressive wotlk servers so I can't imagine the population being small at all, especially since we all know how well the scripts are on Kirin Tor atm. It's the total opposite for regular 3.3.5 wotlk servers though, there is a huge supply but very little demand because the most popular private servers out there have very populated 3.3.5 blizzlike servers. Best thing the staff could do imo is set a release date, do a bunch of advertising letting everyone know the exact time and date of release and create a big hype about it, then I'm so sure we will hit 1k players on launch day.

Hoodboy @ Kirin Tor
Hoodboy

80 Human Priest
Edited by Hoodboy on 2014-01-08 20:19:55
good luck on having 2000+ on peak times cuddlebugs. if they would say that they delay the release of alagalon, population would probably drop to 100 at peak time.

Guliaf @ Kirin Tor
Guliaf

70 Night Elf Hunter
Edited by Guliaf on 2014-01-09 00:26:48
"They shouldn't even introduce the server yet because population is just poor. It needs to be at least 2000+ On peak times, before they do the progressive server. Otherwise, it will be 1-2 guilds on each faction raiding ICC and it will be boring and over rather quickl"

You dont seem to get the point there, guy. Algalon is obviously going to be the main server and most population focused. It is waited for. Numerous posts say that the only reason people visit this web-site - is Algalon. Numerous posts say that the only reason people log on Kirin Tor - is to xfer to Algalon later.
We can only guess why is administration so in love with KT. But public clearly favors Algalon.
Little to not one player cares about Kirin Tor. Algalon is the flavor of the season. Kirin Tor will have its prime when Algalon reaches heroic ICC, both servers even out on the progression level, and people will start transferring to KT, so they dont have to be affected by levered progression of new players. rnWhatever future will be, Algalon - is the door to it. Give. Us. The server.

Noaidi @ Kirin Tor
Noaidi
9 Orc Shaman
Edited by Noaidi on 2014-01-09 02:55:41
Been looking for a while, without any succes. I'm hoping that the triple experience from the refer a friend- system will be deactivated for the duration of realm firsts, but have not found anything on the subject. I'm going to try reaching some class realm first lvl80 and I will take advantage of this system if it is not deactivated.

Any1 could shed some light on the matter?

Joana @ Kirin Tor
Joana

80 Night Elf Hunter
RaF, BoA Heirloom gear & transfers will not be available until lvl 80 realm first and such have been taken.rnrnSo the answer to your question Noaidi, is that if you want a realm first, you will have to do it the old fashioned way. Good luck though =)rnrnYou'll need it.

Gamba @ Kirin Tor
Gamba
50 Dwarf Hunter
Edited by Gamba on 2014-01-09 10:07:26
(Lothloryen)We still have to decide a date of the release, and we will ignore population restrictions we made before release it, but all the habitants already living in Kirin Tor waiting Algalon release, will be rewarded since we received the Observer's message, regardless of outcome.
what does this mean?

Haldron @ Kirin Tor
Haldron
the Patient

80 Troll Hunter
They had plan at start to wait untill this server reaches like 500 peeps,then release Algalon.

Gamba @ Kirin Tor
Gamba
50 Dwarf Hunter
oh ok got it :) rnp.s. i completely agree for what Ariyan said some posts before. I just stopped leveling because i am waiting the new server to come out, but it would be nice if server staff gives us some news about it..a lot of people is waiting, i mean making an almost perfect server requires a lot of time and i respect all the peolpe working on it but at least give us some informations!

Haehaehaehae @ Kirin Tor
Haehaehaehae

1 Human Mage
"They wait untill Kirin Tor reaches 500 pop at peak, than release Algalon" ? What has the population on KT to do with the release date? I have bunch of friends on my skype list asking me daily: Any news about the Algalon server ? rnrnMost people who going to join Algalon, not even play at Kirin Tor. So this statement ^ makes no sense, i mean, to be honest, who cares about Kirin Tor? rnrnBtw if you wait to much with the release (2months ago the post) alot of people arent that "hyped" anymore for that server.rnrnSee ya around.

Gamba @ Kirin Tor
Gamba
50 Dwarf Hunter
Read Haldron post carefully: they HAD a plan to wait 500 pop. This means (as Lothloryen posted at the beginning of this thread) this is not TRUE anymore, there will be no cap wait. Algalon could be released tomorrow or next month, the problem is nobody knows nothing about that atm.

Herc @ Kirin Tor
Herc
10 Draenei Shaman
Edited by Herc on 2014-01-09 16:11:00
Hi all.First of all I want to say that I have played alot on many WOTLK private servers following then the retail. I like very much pve side so I did alot of quests but of course i didn`t manage to make Loremaster on any private servers I played because of the bugged quests, so if there will be any bugged quest I will gladly report this. Interesting thing about this server, I read that here will work Ulduar, a raid which is not working on any private servers because I know is very complex and hard to script.If you will manage to make working Ulduar I think you are the best.Beside retail I would like to play on a WOTLK server with all quests working (for quest line lovers), all raids (OS,EOE,NAXX,TOC,ICC,RS,VOA) full scripted and participating at Wintergrasp battles (pvp part I enjoyed much).I believe this server will offer all these that`s why this people works so hard and there is no release date established yet so be patient please.Like you all I want to see that with my own eyes.Sorry for my bad english.

Fapalot @ Kirin Tor
Fapalot

25 Blood Elf Hunter
I sense Algalon is coming... ;D

Joana @ Kirin Tor
Joana

80 Night Elf Hunter
People who are patient and willing to wait till be rewarded. Those who are not can go play somewhere else so quit complaining. It will come when it comes. Well worth the wait if you ask me.

Iamfish @ Kirin Tor
Iamfish
1 Night Elf Druid
Agree with Joana. Though I do believe we should get some sort of update regarding the release date since the last information we got is obviously not valid anymore. "Soon" is just not good enough :-D

Fapalot @ Kirin Tor
Fapalot

25 Blood Elf Hunter
Did I say something wrong ? No I didn't , people like you shouldn't play wow at all , you are all about arguing , arguing , being smartass , 0 fun, 0.

Nobrain @ Kirin Tor
Nobrain

73 Blood Elf Mage
Joana angel take a break

Haschisch @ Kirin Tor
Haschisch

57 Blood Elf Paladin
cant wait to try it out!

Nightwalker @ Kirin Tor
Nightwalker

1 Draenei Priest
I realy hope Algalon will be soon released! >.<

Palacan @ Kirin Tor
Palacan

80 Human Paladin
Maybe they are releasing Algalon...never saw Kirin-Tor down this long :P

Nightwalker @ Kirin Tor
Nightwalker

1 Draenei Priest
Ya,yesterday i didn't get on server,seems like they working somethig about Algalon.

Esunna @ Kirin Tor
Esunna
10 Night Elf Druid
Come on, give us some more info. My body is ready.

Postit @ Kirin Tor
Postit
1 Night Elf Rogue
Edited by Postit on 2014-01-10 19:04:32
I hope devs are still checking this thread... I was thinking, in order to make the item restrictions more practical, if it would be possible to implement a system like that of GW II. So items would level down to an appropriate level when you enter a zone, dungeon or raid that you´ve already cleared. This would be much more comfortable for players all around and it would make transmogrification appealing, if it is available in Algalon.

I understand that the work involved in making this possible would be considerable, so I wouldn´t expect it to be implemented straight away. But, sometime in the not-so-near future perhaps, it would be lovely to see. Perhaps only certain items could have this property, they´d be on a class of their own, much like blues are different from greens and heirlooms from either; perhaps it could be only heroic raid items that have this property, so there´ll be an incentive to do heroics.

What´s even better is that then you could enjoy Vanilla and BC raids with an ICC geared character and not be overpowered. When you return to Azeroth or enter Outlands, all your gear would level down and would not power up until you´ve cleared the appropriate dungeons/raids.

Personally, I´d love to see this implemented on a 4.3.4 realm, since then you could enjoy every raid ever made with Cataclysm´s rotations and mastery system, but I´ll take what I can get.

Fabio @ Kirin Tor
Fabio
1 Dwarf Paladin
Eamonn, please take your time and read other post, they already said that they wont be adding such things, they are trying to keep it blizzlike.

And also, Algalon OR riot!

Trackmaniac @ Kirin Tor
Trackmaniac
80 Undead Warlock
Guys, chill out.
Ever heard the term "No news is good news"

well
actually forget that
no news is annoying as hell. Screw that saying.

2 months without even a glimpse of a possible date , cant blame us for becoming more impatient. Sorry.

Fapalot @ Kirin Tor
Fapalot

25 Blood Elf Hunter
epic :3

Mud @ Kirin Tor
Mud

70 Undead Priest
I read on a different websites forums that it is scheduled to release today, this is true?!

Fapalot @ Kirin Tor
Fapalot

25 Blood Elf Hunter
today they will give release date , but let's hope other forums are correct :3 x-D

Joana @ Kirin Tor
Joana

80 Night Elf Hunter
Please refrain from spreading misleading information.

Rokstarr @ Kirin Tor
Rokstarr

70 Undead Warlock
I lol'ed at dodjos post. Because this night I had a dream where I saw Dala Forum and
there was a blue post and there was a release date posted. Unfortunately for me and us that date was like 2 weeks ago xD

I'm gonna stop to refresh every hour. :D

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
I hope we see the release date soon but I hope that release date isn't set too soon either cause the launch day will be the most important day of all and it could mean the success or failure of the server. As much as I'd like to log on Algalon and start levelling asap I think there should be minimum 1 weeks notice before its released so maximum people know about it and are prepared to log on and start levelling.

I'm pretty sure the average pop of the server will be slightly lower than launch day after a few weeks just like Kirin Tor was so we need to make sure everyone is informed and ready for the release.

Mileytrubbel @ Kirin Tor
Mileytrubbel
80 Troll Priest
@Durin

"As a side note, tomorrow we will publish Algalon's release date." - 21hours ago

http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/news-and-rules/news-and-announcements/topic/1016/about-this-hard-days

Fapalot @ Kirin Tor
Fapalot

25 Blood Elf Hunter
now now , that's what they told yesterday , if we go tomorrow and tomorrow , when will they tell it ? ;D

Globox @ Kirin Tor
Globox

1 Human Warrior
@Mileytrubbel

Guess I worded it a bit badly but I meant seeing the release date would be nice, but the actual date itself shouldn't be any time soon, so enough people have time to know when it will open to get maximum players logged in on first minutes of launch.

Giving us just over a month is perfect I think, should be enough time to get everyone that would be interested on board and February the 15th is going to be pretty awesome.

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Edited by Malkavia on 2014-01-12 03:12:23
Stay tuned on these posts:
List of Restrictions
Trailer of Algalon
Release date

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.