Topic

Old problems and inconsistencies in wotlk

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
Edited by Cotoias on 2019-08-08 16:05:34
As any retail player can tell you there are a number of inconsistencies in WoTLK that were correxted in other expansions. This post is a suggestion for a better gaming experience on this wonderful server, i know that some say it's blizzlike, but it doesn't mean that if there were mistakes they shouldnt be corrected, our home must be improved not frozen in a time when issues were simply disregarded. here is a list of what could be improved to make the hunter pets behave as intended:
1) Nether shock (https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Nether_Shock) should not be able to miss as the pet has virtually no spell penetration and it should silence the target much like silencing arrow does (this correction was added in Cata and it worked just fine)

2) Rhino's Stampede (excuse my language, but this is the most idiotic choice blizzardn ever made) besides being completely useless- it is a BLEED enhancer on a spec without bleed- it also overrides other bleed enhancers form thieves, this beeing said it would be better if you could either add a bleed attack on the rhino or change it to knockback and stun effects as it was done in later expansions, it would add this pet a lot of fun and we could start using it.

3) Wind serpents and Dragonhawks are very cool loking pets but are also next to useless as they bring neither high single target damage nor aoe, so either improve their abilities or swap them for those in specialization on later expansions ( this might not be for your tastes as it is a little extreme but i trust you can find a ballance)

4)Worms should be changed to ferocity as they currently have no other use as tanking pets.

5)This is something that was done in WoD: make the Hydras tameble, they are really cool pets and their models can be taken from WoD without too much bother and they could take the same abilities( not the raidwide buffs), tables can be taken from any ferocity or tenacity pet for their damage and life.

6)An item upgrading system should be implemented so that we can use the items with cool effects from lower levels, i think this would also make the old world and TBC raids much more popular as they currently are a bit dead. Blizzard went dead on imagination when they conceived the trinkets from wotlk as they don't have nice on use or equip effects , they are simply there for some periodic stat buffs, they are just grind no fun.

These are my suggestions to the honored staff members of this server and i hope you can address them, should you need any additional info please let me know. I love this server and the experience it allows me to undertake and i want to not let it get wasted among so many other Private severs, Dalaran WOW should really be an unique experience. I salute you !

Tarpor @ Kirin Tor
Tarpor

10 Blood Elf Paladin
'their models can be taken from WoD without too much bother'

without too much bother? You'd need everyone to download that shit manually.

Big no. This wasn't on retail-wotlk, so no. No dude.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
What you are suggesting is not even blizzlike for a wotlk server.

Cheno @ Kirin Tor
Cheno

1 Tauren Druid
Edited by Cheno on 2019-07-29 21:38:07
At first this seemed interesting but it turned out to be custom fixes for hunters and a new WotLK client with WOD models. So none of the "fixes" would fit with the rest of the server and the new client would require people to download a new client that you can already get from somewhere else.

What's the point?

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
Edited by Dailynews on 2019-07-30 13:36:07
I giggled a little there.

We want WoTLK, not custom edited shenanigans.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
What is the point of keeping things that were aknowleged to be faulty? My point is that the game should be at least updated to current standards the fixes i suggested are by no means useless , they serve to improve the quality of the game and attract new players, remaining stuck in time only makes people get bored and will eventually lead to this server dying agonizingly, we already have dead arena pvp, dead battlegrounds, we have areas that hardly have 1 player in them and there are pets and items that remained from the time when 16hp/5 sec was sth, these need to be updated, improved. Blizzlike should mean the quality that blizzard offered, not wearing horse glasses, this quality means impoving were blizzard abandoned not keeping the same mistakes from retail, there are countless servers that offer this stuff and they are more successful than us, we must push forward or die like dogs.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
Yes, indeed you might need to peddle the bicycle that powers your computer faster. The modifications can be made as downloadable patches, and this server already has custom improved encounters so i do not see the reason why you shouldnt make use of all the things in game, like half of the trinkets with unique effects ( that are not simply buffs on a stat; the hp/s and summons could use a little buffing, after all they are from an era when blizzard really used their imagination)

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
Look.

Most of us is here to play Wrath of The Lich King, not "what Wrath of The Lich King could have been".

Ofc ppl get bored. You're playing the same content over and over again? What would you expect? Go play retail if you want new things honestly.

People come and go, and private servers will eventually die out.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
You have nothing constructive to say, you are just writing that things should stay the same because who cares, but i am suggesting a thing that will help us all have fun, that will improve the population and the gameplay, unless you have sth useful to say please refrain from posting here. The purpose of this thread is to help the server evolve not to say that "we dont careabout this game", things evolved, blizzlike should mean evolution as blizzard does with all their titles.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
You're obviously new here. This is a "blizzlike" wotlk server. Its not a server that progresses content through patches. Its a 3.3.5 server. As it should be.

The server population is already lower than its heyday and forcing people to update their clients to this hybrid version catering to hunters you have suggested isn't going to help the population.

Play this server how it is and deal with it or go to another server. And if you have a legitimate bug that pertains to 3.3.5 with you class post it on the bug tracker.

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
I dont know why you're getting so offended. Your ideas are stupid.

I'd rather Loth spend time fixing things, bugs, etc, which he already got a handfull of.

I play here, because this is the closest WoTLK blizzlike server we have. If I wanted changes, i would not be playing the same old expansion that i have been playing for years.

Fun is subjective, if Loth start to change the game, then ppl might start leaving, cause they were looking for an authentic WoTLK, with no changes, and how the game was back then.

Chuckyeah @ Kirin Tor
Chuckyeah
1 Draenei Shaman
I can understand somewhat, but probably not a good idea. This server is pretty blizzlike aside from small things like added XP in BG's.

Speaking of that, they should work on some of the BG's that are currently not open before even entertaining the idea of something custom.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Don't bother, guys. These "suggestions" are coming from someone who batantly ask for 2vs2 wintrades on global chat.

They would improve the game experience... No, they would improve it only for those playing your class. So, if I had to ask for the same things, why don't we fix the charge bug as Blizzard did on Cataclysm? It's so frustrating that people can jump out of my charge range.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
Edited by Cotoias on 2019-08-01 08:17:35
Firstly you are talking a lot of nonsense for a server with dead pvp arena, secondly if you would like the charge bug to be corrected you should write about it, i have not yet played a warrior so much as to acknowledge all the flaws. Thirdly, the changes i have suggested are for the parts of the game that go unnoticed by the players and get wasted, ever gave a thought why blizzard chose to make them as they are? Maybe because they were bad designs at first and they wanted to improve the game experience and content; leaving tons of useless things in such a wonderful game is a waste of server resources, but i know your mind is very well rested as it doesn't seem that you have used it when you wrote your comment.
To end this reply, i will say that players will never be discouraged by some new updated clients ( a normal thing nowadys if you ever played on retail, updates come once a week and client versions once a month). This server has some nice staff and deserves to be kept alive and not to be left for dead by people like you whose words are the echo of the wind through their heads.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
This isn't retail.

Regardless, none of what you are asking for is gonna happen.

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
From a logical point of view.

You'll never get people to download a new client every week, or every month, just for some "custom" changes, when they just wanna play Wrath of The Lich King, and not a modified Wrath of The Lich King.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-01 19:07:57
To all those harping about how "blizzlike" and non moded this server is - pathetic.

Albeit ops suggestion is way too niche and impractical , I can only wonder at the sight of you all bsing so blatantly and bringing up either straight up lies, causal fallacies or just retarded 'arguments'.

This server/realm , is a *highly* customized server . The vanilla wotlk was taken and infused with many and considerable changes to make it what is today.

Now go drill that into your heads and stfu.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
You seems to be so full of yourself for someone who can't recognize sarcasm.

I mentioned the charge bug to let you understand that if gms start to listen to your.... "suggestions" then everyone will have something to suggest on how this game should be and should not. Who should decide which changes are acceptable for an entire gaming community? Now, just because you have played other expansions you think you can come here and tell us how the game we play should be?
Ok, so let's start this conversation: I want a fury spec which allows me to deal the same damage by using two one-handed weapons, an Heroic Leap ability and the chance to use Pummel in every stance, so I don't need to use my Shield Bash macro anymore.
And don't even mention the dead pvp. Batantly asking on global chat for 2vs2 wintrades will definetly not encourage new pvp players to stay here. The heck... Imagine a new guy reading your message on global. Why should he play on a server where players don't even get the pvp gear in a legit way?

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
@panofsky

I am not sure to whom you are talking to.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
@Serenna

I was replying to Cotoias.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
This "infusion" you're talking about is more of a fixing of a broken trinity core. Go play another server and tell me its anything as close to "blizzlike" as Dalawow is.

The server is tuned to be as close to retail as possible. What op is suggesting is tuning it into a WoTLK server with cata/WoD patches and models.

Want cata/WoD/whatever fixes? Play those types of private servers. The devs here have a hard enough time keeping up with bug fixes and everything else. Much less catering to one person.

Dailynews @ Kirin Tor
Dailynews

1 Night Elf Priest
Edited by Dailynews on 2019-08-02 14:50:45
Ofc it's customized. They literally had to rescript everything. xD

It's scripted as close to as it was back in the day, and that's what people want. They don't want stuff that was changed in the future patches. xD

Cause then it wouldn't be 'Wrath of The Lich King'

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
@reyena

I have already stated my opinion with regards to ops suggestion.
Impractical and 'too niche' and so there is no point in continuing on that.

Regardless of the reasoning for moding the core and wether it was moded in is entirety or partially , it is still a modified custom realm.

You can call a chicken a duck all you want, it still will not be ale to swim.
Go right ahead and be delusional but dont expect all around you to partake in said delusion.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-02 15:04:26
@dailynews

Are you saying , that in your opinion, rescripting a broken core is classified as customization?

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
@Serenna

lol at your condescending nature.

I never said this was an exact copy of WoTLK server when it was retail. Hence the "blizzlike" in quotations.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-02 16:12:17
@reyena

you dont know my nature, all you see is some post on a random forum on the internet.

I try to be coherent and in doing so point out the obvious bs 'arguments' entirely anchored on the blatant lie that "dalaran-wow is blizzlike" .

If somehow ,the way my communication was delivered appeared haughty to you sorry, it was not intentional .

And yes copies of wow dont exist, in fact. There is just retail wow and 'private' servers. Those private ones are either customized to different extents or not modified.
Dalaran-wow is a modified realm, a custom realm created in the past to fit a certain niche.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
@Serenna

Your misplacement of the quotes changes the meaning of the phrase dalaran-wow is blizzlike.

"dalaran-wow is blizzlike" - false. It is not. Which I completely agree with.

dalaran-wow is "blizzlike" - true. Its close to blizzlike. But not an exact copy of WoTLK in its retail state. Which is what I said.

While this is a custom realm, its goal is to be as close to the original as possible. And for the most part it has succeeded at that (this is open to interpretation). So for someone to propose modifying it from its original goal to appeal to one class is absurd. Which I do believe that is something everyone in this thread agrees on.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Settled then, good stuff.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
Edited by Cotoias on 2019-08-02 18:25:03
I have never seen s many well rested minds write on my threads, Serenna being the only one who has sense, the idea is that your -original wotlk experience- has 60% of the things in game wasted. Your comments simply suggest the fact that you think like "10 years ago blizzard made less smart thing, i will never use it, but why change it, we -original players- want it even though we have never used or seen it and will never do", the simple fact that none of you saw the matter from a hunter's perspective is proof to that. Changing things that were simply made to exist with no practical purpose -the rhino, wind serpent, the nether ray ability that always misses- proves that you never even tried those features of the game and comments like people will leave the game if they have to patch the game are from people who would only feel lighter if beheaded at the very least , blizzard update their clients weekly with changes .

Implementing modifications to bring more features for new players and also existing ones will not deter anyone from having wotlk experience, on the contrary, it will greatly enlarge the player base.The fact that i have only written about hunters is because this is the class i have played the most as to be able to speak knowing what i am telling (unlike most of you), there are plenty of modifications that could be done to all the classes and that would only improve the wotlk experience - realize that Blizzard implemented those changes because they knew they could improve what they already have. If you are upset because i wrote about a single class go write your own threads, otherwise be constructive and propose something useful -if you have any more comments like panofsky please refrain from consuming the resources of the server on stocking your comments.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Cotoias I get what you are saying.
I really do, however the way I see it there are three issues with your suggestion.

First has to do with your 'target audience'.
More than half of the current playerbase here is characterized by a fervent rejection of anything that contravenes with their beliefs on what things can and can't be moded into the realm.
So in one phrase, it helps knowing to whom you are talking.

Second point has to do with bringing up in your post that blizzard did well in doing many and various changes to wow.
Speaking for myself now, I really despise the overwhelming majority of things blizzard did to their IPs post wotlk.
Diablo and wow are two examples where they butchered the franchises to shit.

Third point has to do with the way you pitched the idea. You presented it as a hunter-centric thing instead of trying to show a general idea and then giving varied examples and scenarios.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
Serenna I know that many people on my server are wearing horse glasses and that most of those who commented have no idea what i am talking about they are just deserate for attention not minding the purpose of this category of the forum.

The changes i have offered are simply requests made by the hunter community of WoTLK back when it was retail and that is the main reason they were implemented.

I could have recommended a few things for warlocks, but overall the hunter class is the one i played enough so i can suggest changes, i have clearly told them to write similar threads about their classes, but they are simply immature children so it had no use. I would like to get replyss on how my suggestions could be modified or implemented so we can get the attention of the devs, i like this server and the devs, but the plyers who write on the forums seem to be lacking.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Cotoias, your argument is based on an assumption: that those changes have been asked and accepted by all the playerbase. Just because some hunters posted those suggestions on the battle.net or wowhead forums, it doesn't mean that they raised their voices for the entire gaming community. If those changes were so important, why almost nobody play on Cataclysm private servers anymore? Why the vast majority of the private server community play on Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk servers? They even forced Blizzard to launch Classic servers again. We are talking about a game, where "efficiency" and "fun" are two different matters. Classic is full of crazy s**t: classes with only one spec available, items with the most stupid stats ever.... Nonetheless, we are about to face the rebirth of official Classic servers soon. Why? Because even with all those mistakes, people used to like the game more than ever.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
OP,

Look at all the server devs commenting on how what you suggested is something they think is a good idea and will start working on right away.

Oh wait. They arent.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
Edited by Cotoias on 2019-08-05 10:36:33
Firstly, these changes were widely accepted and enjoyed by nearly all hunters as they were all improvements of things that hunters liked (pets that looked attractive but were useless), they brought more variety to the game and were mentioned in all positive reviews regarding the subject.
Secondly, before the wind rages between your ears more than it already has, people are playing WotLK and BC because they are old enough to be mostly free of bugs, while the other expansions are plagued by bugs and introduced many new restrictions and unwanted mechanics to the game, like talent spec changes and other things that either over complicated or oversimplified the game.
Thirdly, to show you how devoid of any sense you are, Blizzard has had 2 bad financial years and the expansions like Battle for Azeroth are 0 as story logic, while most people agree that WoW story could have ended in Legion. The return of vanilla wow is coming with nearly all the changes that were made:improved items, more tamable pets etc etc, it is just a way for blizzard to recover from their losses by using an already patented product (common sense here kid).

Finally, my suggestions have little impact on other classes gameplay, but it brings a lot of things that create pleasure and make a hunter more enjoyable, this being the purpose of the whole thread and category of the forum.

Revena @ Kirin Tor
Revena

1 Blood Elf Paladin
You're still defending your point.

Its not gonna happen.

Furries @ Kirin Tor
Furries

1 Night Elf Druid
@Cotoias - You're funny. Let's go over the issues I saw here.

1. You claim that the changes you propose will better the hunter experience and were implemented. Good enough. Those changes happened in Cataclysm. You can see those when the server goes to Cataclysm.

2. You and Serenna seem to get off on insulting people who do not disagree with you. Ironic after the comment that the playerbase is "characterized by a fervent rejection of anything that contravenes with their beliefs".

3."I could have recommended a few things for warlocks, but overall the hunter class is the one i played enough so i can suggest changes, i have clearly told them to write similar threads about their classes, but they are simply immature children so it had no use."
- Clearly misplaced seeing how no one responded between you suggesting that and you writing that people are immature children.

There isn't an unified definition of a "Blizzlike" server, but we can collectively agree that it means that the expansion and patch the server is currently on will be as close to the same as retail servers were on the same patch and expansion. If you think that makes us immature children because we strive to keep that then that is your problem. The good thing about that interpretation is that it leaves no room for imagination. Was it in that patch? No? Then it doesn't get implemented.

I am certain you can find custom WotLK servers. The reasons why no one plays those were partly commented on by Panofsky. When the playerbase gets a vote on what gets implemented you get a mess because everyone thinks they have a right to make a claim. Same as you. It's a free forum and you have a right to express an opinion. The same way we are free to tell you that it is not implementable. I am not even going to go into whether the suggestion is good or not. I don't play a hunter. However none of the many hunters I've played with has complained.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
furries, point out precisely where i insulted people.
whait i didnt, gtfo.

"there isn't an unified definition of a "blizzlike" server, but we can collectively agree that it means that the expansion and patch the server is currently on will be as close to the same as retail servers were on the same patch and expansion"

sure there is a definition.
a server without modifications is called a blizzlike server.
"as close as" does not qualify as blizzlike.

"i am certain you can find custom wotlk servers"

he/she already found one, dalaran-wow.

Furries @ Kirin Tor
Furries

1 Night Elf Druid
No, you are just calling people delusional and pathetic. Not the point.

You seem to have a different understanding and quite an unrealistic expectation when it comes to it to be honest. Every private server is made from scratch. They use a core which is made from scratch and build from there. No one has the actual Blizzard retail databases and coding. In that sense what you defined would not be a Blizzlike server but a retail server not held by Blizzard. A Blizzlike server is one that strives to be as close to what retail servers were at the time. Regardless of whether the coding is the same (which would be an astronomical probability).

Like =/= Same.

A custom server would be one where the developers do whatever they want to appease their playerbase. Such as items not existing, adding skills, stats and whatnot. And adding changes made to classes in future patches qualifies as such.

Squabble over definitions all you like, this is how the majority of players on the server see it and why suggestions like this will be turned down every time they pop up.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-08 15:07:44
I am pointing out the facts, if the snowflakes feel bullied thats their problem.

Explanations on wow cores/databases/core repacks or the building of servers are not only unnecessary but also irrelevant.

You then proceed to give your own definition of what represents or doesnt represent 'custom' - good job ,such skill in supporting your 'arguments'.

Then again you support your 'arguments' by saying that because a majority believes something, then that something must be correct. Such finesse!

I have clearly stated why, in my opinion, ops suggestion does not fit. It is not clear why you associate my posts with said suggestion.

Here is another analogy for you.
If in a cup containing 250ml of drinkable water you pour 10ml of caustic soda , then the resulting liquid becomes unfit for drinking.
If you then pour 50ml of caustic soda into 250ml of pure water, like before, the liquid becomes toxic.
The level of relative toxicity will differ but the outcome i.e. whether the liquid is drinkable or not , is identical.

Do you get it now?

As for myself, I like it here.
This server modifications fit with me, a blizzlike server would not be to my liking.

Dachia @ Kirin Tor
Dachia
1 Human Paladin
The modifications to this realm are so drastic that it feels strange to even have to mention them.
Really strange since they have been in everyones face all along.

- gating raids behind one another
- gating instances behind raids
- lv 70 via site
- increased xp in bgs
- lv 70 arena disabled
- a certain lv 80 bg ,whos name wont be mentioned, disabled for years

Those are not all the modifications ,and sure, some are more drastic than others.
There is solid reasoning for each or most of them and is great that they exist, but to act like such widespread customization make it blizzlike is... Well... Lame?

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
I shall quote Furries
I am not even going to go into whether the suggestion is good or not. I don't play a hunter. However none of the many hunters I've played with has complained.

You have the right to express your opinion, it does NOT make it relevant and the quote shows it perfectly that it is in fact IRRELEVANT, if you are trying to show us that you learnt to read and write we can see that now, otherwise your comment is off the topic.
The reason your friends didn't complain is because they never used those pets, because as i said they are USELESS, so before you go around saying blizzlike server, remember that nobody would complain if they could use more of the things in game, saying that correcting KNOWN design mistakes will make players leave it utterly idiotic, no less, maybe more.
As others have already said this is a customized server.

Aside from those things, i bid you to think: is it better to let the server die or implement changes to increase the player base? The answer is pretty obvious, unless you have not talented in thinking. This game has so much cool stuff that could be impoved to make a better experience, a WotLK experience means the story and the raids, that is why people are here, making changes to unused features will only serve to improve it. I encourage you to THINK before writing, try it, it is not that hard.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Have you ever considered the idea that changing some classes/specs abilities would change the pve/pvp meta and the way an entire raid interacts with some boss mechanics? Do you really think that THIS is what the playerbase want? Have you ever made a poll about it? As a matter of fact, since now you are only getting negative feedbacks in this topic. But still you consider yourself our savior. Loth has created this server to give us the opportunity to live again the wotlk experience trough a progressive release of the raids. He has choosen to start from the 3.3.5a patch and to create an attunement system. The difficulty has been increased so we could experience a real challenge. Therefore, the "custom" nature of the server mentioned by Serenna, but that's related only to the progressive/attunement system. Nobody has ever mentioned the possibility to introduce or change new abilities because that would interfere with the pve/pvp meta. The 3.3.5a patch is what Loth has choosen as the starting base for this gaming project and it should remain so. I don't want my warrior to be customized only to please the needs of some Cataclysm-MoP fanboy. You are still free to create your own custom wotlk server and see how it goes. From my experience, noone of them has been successfull. I am quite sure that filling your arguments with your childish jokes will increase your chances.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-09 17:51:02
@panofsky

i will comment on this a bit.

we actually don't know what the current playerbase wants, we assume a lot.
there are few things to keep in mind: those of us commenting on the forums make up a small minority of the servers population. also, the player type mix has changed over the years, i am pretty sure that what the majority wanted four years ago will not be the same with what the majority wants today. or it could be that a clear majority no longer exists now, that the community is quite split on issues.
it would be interesting to participate in a serverwide poll that touches on all issues, and maybe that way figure out what is that most people would like.

as for the ops suggestion specifically, i don't think it would fit and leave it at that.

however, i do think that op is legit concerned with the state of this realm.
i can't say if he/she is a mop/cata fanboy (not sure how you were able to label that but whatever) but i can say that i share said concern.

the gimmicky random-season-event-thing , whats that gonna do ?
maybe please 4-5 guilds worth of people? whats that , 200 people who would go through the mechanic once? why ? okay whatever...
what is needed is something substantial where the wotlk experience is artfully merged together with innovation and creativity. sure keep the wotlk experience, dont change that policy but to keep the server afloat and even make it thrive you cant sacrifice the other piece ( innovation and creativity).

and no, a new realm is neither innovative nor creative and would make me, and many i know , quit dalaran-wow. i am pretty sure that the server runners do not wish that whatever is left of their veterans and premium supporters leave. might as well just close shop then.

the reason i am not quick to flame people coming with suggestions (unless they are borderline autistic) is because we really do need a revamped/improved/innovative dalaran-wow. some might actually have amazing ideas, great ideas, why shut them down?

Cheno @ Kirin Tor
Cheno

1 Tauren Druid
Ohh no, not the premium supporters!

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Yes, isn't it cute?

Electrolise @ Kirin Tor
Electrolise
1 Night Elf Druid
How dense are you? Your suggestions are bad and you should feel bad.

For one, you'll stop calling everyone who disagrees an idiot. And while I'm not one of them, the premium supporters are what kept the servers afloat for 6 years, not you two penniless brats.

Second, do you really not understand why we shouldn't open the door to applying random customizations to please one player? Do you not see that this is a slippery slope that lead to shenanigans? Report the bugs but keep your silly custom requests to yourselves.

The server has held its standards by sticking as close as it could to 3.3.5, while also implementing a progressive system to force its players to be more active within the "capped" content it has. It's a great idea and the reason that makes Dalaran so appreciated by its players. There's already plenty of wacky, customized, and *3 xp out there - they're all shit, too.

Now your suggestions aren't even quality-of-life stuff, you're asking for custom hunter pets that mix-n-match your favorite abilities. I could maybe stand behind the suggestion to implement transmog but asking them to implement a system to boosts lower level items to make them relevant for endgame is plain retarded, c'mon... are you even serious?!

And for the record, I do play a hunter. It is slightly disappointing that the only viable pets are wolves and ravagers, but that's how WotLK is and I could always use client-side mods to make pets look like whatever else I want.

I've been following this thread for a week trying not to get involved but your idiocy upsets me... please consider leaving for another server better suited to your expectations.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Panofsky on 2019-08-09 22:40:52
@Serenna

I just don't think that Cotoias suggestions can be considered innovative and creative solutions for the future of Dalaran WoW. I know there are many players who are concerned about it. I am one of them and I have already written my suggestions. There is no much room left when you try to think about something new but at the same time you want to keep the wotlk experience alive. Rumors say that on the survey Loth has launched three months ago, the most voted option was to neither launch a new realm nor to restart the progressive release of the raids on Algalon. So I am afraid our community is way more stubborn than our "friend" here would like to admit. And I didn't call him a Cataclysm-MoP fanboy, it was just a genereic reference to anyone would like to introduce some changes Blizzard has applied in the later expansions.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
@electrolise

" I could maybe stand behind the suggestion to implement transmog"
I would too.

"the premium supporters are what kept the servers afloat for 6 years, not you two penniless brats."
I have donated here possibly more than you can make in month and have been here nearly from the beginning. Don't try to wave that bullshit flag in my face.

That's pretty much it, all else you say is a whole lot of incoherent, uneducated mumbling.

Now to a normal discussion.
@panofsky

"I just don't think that Cotoias suggestions can be considered innovative and creative solutions for the future of Dalaran WoW"

I also don't think that, what I do think is that if we are too quick in putting the fist in people's mouths we might face a situation where it all goes to shit real fast.

" I am one of them and I have already written my suggestions."

I hear you and I believe you are legit. I think there are also many like us, that would like to have some kind positive development going on.

"There is no much room left when you try to think about something new but at the same time you want to keep the wotlk experience alive."

Here I very much disagree.
This is a "wotlk server" not a "wotlk raids server". If it was a "wotlk raids server" then all would start at 80 then just raid the wotlk raids and be done with it.
But is not, is way more than that and right now, unfortunately, this realm focuses exclusively on a small percentage of the available content within this "wotlk server".
Quite a poor strategy long term.

"Rumors say that on the survey Loth has launched three months ago, the most voted option was to neither launch a new realm nor to restart the progressive release of the raids on Algalon."

Interesting stuff. I voted precisely that way, is pretty funny if those rumors are correct.
I greatly dislike the idea of a new realm for pretty obvious reasons. All that "end game stuff" was achieved quite some time ago, there is no desire left to do the same damned thing all over.
As for the restart/reset thing or whatever it is , I feel it is lame as fuck to put it bluntly. Now to rephrase it in a civil fashion, I can say that it completely fails to address any of the issues this realm has and is nothing more than a glorified gimmick.

"And I didn't call him a Cataclysm-MoP fanboy, it was just a genereic reference to anyone would like to introduce some changes Blizzard has applied in the later expansions."

Is fine no worries. I despise all things that Actizard did to our games post wotlk, except one - cosmetics. I would get behind that in a heartbeat.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
~~~And while I'm not one of them, the premium supporters are what kept the servers afloat for 6 years, not you two penniless brats.~~~

The audacity in this one... gtfo
As if only those donators that agree with him are valid donators.

Electrolise @ Kirin Tor
Electrolise
1 Night Elf Druid
It was uncalled for to make personal attacks and I apologize about that. What I really wanted to emphasize was that we should be thankful to all donators who make the server possible.

The rest of my point still stands; what makes Dalaran great is that it has remained true to WotLK and we should keep that in mind before we consider introducing custom content. I don't understand why we should discuss changing direction after 6 years just because a hunter really want to tame a hydra.

Some quality-of-life features might be interesting to have a discussion around, but the suggestions made by OP are all personal preferences and shouldn't even be considered, imo.

I'm afraid I hadn't caught that when first reading you, @Serenna. I wouldn't call the progressive system a "customization" but if that's all we disagree about then I am behind you.

I'm also not sure why you say the server focuses only on raiders. I do more regular PVE and PVP than raids and don't feel left out. It would be nice to have more pre-engdgame organized events though, if that's what you meant.

@Thoraf, that is not the meaning of what I wrote at all.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
"It was uncalled for to make personal attacks and I apologize about that. What I really wanted to emphasize was that we should be thankful to all donators who make the server possible."

We should be.

"What makes Dalaran great is that it has remained true to WotLK and we should keep that in mind before we consider introducing custom content"

Agreed. I haven't mentioned or otherwise suggested the introduction of (further) custom content other than having the possibility to equip items cosmetically.

" I don't understand why we should discuss changing direction after 6 years just because a hunter really want to tame a hydra."

We shouldn't and also that's not the point. What we should do is to openly consider any and all options while at he same time remain 'true to wotlk' . What we shouldn't do is to lynch whomever dares to speak up and legitimately show concern for this server.

"Some quality-of-life features might be interesting to have a discussion around, but the suggestions made by OP are all personal preferences and shouldn't even be considered, imo."

I can't speak for the op, should let him/her provide further explanations etc.
As for the so called quality-of-life features, I feel that one area might be a slippery slope.
Heck if it was my decision I wouldn't even have rdf, this damned feature contributed so much at ruining the community in WOW in general.

"I wouldn't call the progressive system a "customization" but if that's all we disagree about then I am behind you."

You, or anyone, can call anything whatever they want it is inconsequential really.
What does matter, is what the thing actually is. And I don't want to go into semantics with this ,we should really keep it simple.
A customization is a modification done to something in order to suit a particular person ,group or task.
The 3.3.5 core was built/re-built not as a vanila/plain/blizzlike 3.3.5 realm but instead it was infused/altered with this *custom* progression mechanic to fit the server's scope.
The progression mechanic is external to a vanila 3.3.5 realm, it happens to have a great impact upon gameplay and it was implemented in order to artificially simulate the release of raids (among other things).

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-10 05:33:41
"I'm also not sure why you say the server focuses only on raiders. I do more regular PVE and PVP than raids and don't feel left out. It would be nice to have more pre-engdgame organized events though, if that's what you meant."

Here is the area where my main beef with the server resides.

The server does not focus only on raiders or raids, it focuses only on lv 80 raiding specifically.
There is little to no attention to vanilla and tbc content, the server is practically dead everywhere but Northrend. Sure there is 70-79 pvp happening but only because of the lv 70 boost. The tbc and vanilla raids and instances are broken, there isnt a lv 70 arena, there is zero activity in a place like shattrath or any of the hubs. There is barely questing, grinding reputations and simply playing the content, the overwhelming majority of those who still play here rush through everything to reach 80.
If the realm would shift some more resources towards supporting content other than the lv 80 raids and instances then I can pretty much guarantee a noticeable overall server improvement.
Sure, one might pop in and say that they recently did the grind for kurenai or winterspring or whatever. Right, one random guy doing something, great - all must be well then.
Point i'm making here is that further customizations are not actually necessary. What is necessary is to utilize the entire content available up to 3.3.5 and not just 20% of it. To capitalize on the damn thing, to promote it, to encourage people into consuming it and not treat it as a simple annoyance on their way to lv 80.
This adds, among other things, to the longevity of the game experience adds depth and meaning.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Panofsky on 2019-08-10 11:12:38
@Serenna

Every wotlk server focus mostly on northrend content and every wotlk server seems to be quite dead over vanilla and tbc content. I always thought (as many guild mates of mine seem to agree) that the biggest issue Dalaran WoW has never adressed properly is pvp. It's quite embarassing that the 70-79 bg bracket is way more active than the 80 bracket. They have never launched some battleground maps (Strand and Isle) and they removed Alterac Valley from the Random Bg list because it was a waste of time to play a 5vs5 match inside the biggest map created by Blizzard. They have never launched proper arena seasons. They used to last as long as the pve tier. With the attunement system, a new player who wants only to pvp will never have access to the pve off parts until he is fully attuned and those pve trinkets and weapons are way more useful than those you can get with honor/arena points. Now you see players openly wintrade in arena. I suggested the launch of a new realm because now that they have all the content released and fixed, they can do it way faster and focus more on the pvp side of the game. That would bring fair competition, and competition brings interest. I don't really see how they can make the older content (vanilla and tbc) relevant without adding some customization feature, because there is no way a lvl 80 player would be interested in clearing the Black Temple or Sunweel Plateau other than mere achievements, fashion sets or reputation grinding.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
I wont comment too much on lv 80 arena because I dont quantify it as that important in the grand scheme of things. I have no doubt it would naturally rectify itself when/if the population increases. I see it as side effect or result of general server lethargy.

To imply that because a great percentage of content is dead on other servers is a normal thing, and as such it should stay dead on dalaran as well makes no sense to me .
I can't see the logic ,please elaborate.

You mention a lv 80 doing swp or bt as examples.
What about a lv 60 or 70? Why keep focusing only on lv80 activities? We gotta expand the horizon a bit, is getting obsessively stale,really.

Dachia @ Kirin Tor
Dachia
1 Human Paladin
Serenna - agreed.

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Arena is and should be the pinnacle of competitive and organized pvp. To leave it out of the equation means to leave out half of the end-game content this expansion has to offer. Especially if we remember that 3.3.5a is still considered one of the best patches for pvp. But that's only a small part of the problem, because here we can't even join random battlegrounds. Sure, bgs are more casual but they are still very funny and I guess a lot of players would like to farm some honor, try some pvp achievement, to fill the holes in their raiding schedules (I mean, ICC 25+RS25 can be cleared in a single night). You don't even need to be pvp geared to enjoy random battlegrounds, since the pve gear perform better, especially if you are a rdps. To answer your last question: there is no pve activity around lvl 60 and 70 (as in any other wotlk server) because there is no point to clear Molten Core or The Black Temple when there are a lot of vanilla and TBC private servers out there (not to mention the Classic WoW incoming). Unless you are a twink, but those are a minority.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-10 16:33:22
Thats fine , those are your opinions , I just happen to disagree with all but the first sentence.

Where din I say that 80 arena should be left out of the ecuation?
Right, I didn't.
What I did say is that is not central or a core issue to our realm problems.

I feel you are not open to suggestion that are not lv80-centric.
I might be wrong but it seems, deriving from what you say, that to you the game boils down to activities related strictly to lv80.
Would that be a correct statement?

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Since we are talking about a wotlk private server, yes. To be honest, I found it quite obvious. I mean, Blizzard has released this expansion to be focused around the northrend end-game content. Therefore the introduction of the death knight class, of the inscription profession, the changes made about talent trees, new abilities... They made it a bit more casual-friendly, increasing the aggro made by the tanks, introducing the dungeon finder, the emblem system...
For the majority of the playerbase, there is no point on playing on a wotlk server (when there are vanilla and TBC options out there) as a lvl 60-70. Sure, there are twinks but most of them are involved in the 70-79 bracket pvp. Why should anyone try to kill Ragnaros with his wotlk-twink when he can do it in a more "legit" way?
Which kind of options do you suggest? I can think about time-traveling (or time-walking) dungeons and raids but that would screw up the loot and therefore the bis-list, not to mention the difficulty to implement it.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-10 19:00:10
For example you said:
"Unless you are a twink, but those are a minority"

"For the majority of the playerbase, there is no point on playing on a wotlk server (when there are vanilla and TBC options out there) as a lvl 60-70. "

Do you have any data to support those statements?
If you don't well im not sure whats the point of saying it.

"Blizzard has released this expansion to be focused around the northrend end-game content"

Yes actizard did so , however this realm was not released nor is it endorsed by them. It was released privately and was customized to fit a specific purpose at the time of launch.

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
" I can think about time-traveling (or time-walking) dungeons and raids "

eww

"Which kind of options do you suggest?"

https://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/community/general-discussion/topic/12200/lv-60-option-via-site

Is not my suggestion, all the info is in that thread.
Questions were asked there and answered.

It is basically a package containing:
- vanilla + tbc content patch
- lv60 via DP
- lv70 arena
- revamp of the vp/dp site

Panofsky @ Kirin Tor
Panofsky
5 Night Elf Warrior
Instant lvl 60...
I mean, I am not against it if there is twink community which wish to have a istant lvl 60 feature. You are basically asking the devs to fix the previous content. It's ok but I don't think it will bring new players here. I guess the twink community will be pleased but I want more players to keep the raiding and the pvp scene alive at lvl 80. When a new player judges a wotlk private server, if it's worthy of his/her freetime or not, he/she does it by looking mostly at the end-game content.
The argument related to the "majority-minority" is quite irrelevant, since nobody here has ever done a census about it (and the bots would screw it). Even if, I would still think it's a shame a wotlk server invests its recources on the previous content instead of the end-game when half of it (the pvp side of the game) has never been really enjoyed by its community.
Which kind of fun can you have by killing a Vanilla boss while raiding with a lvl 60 Titan's Grip Fury Warrior, or even a Death Knight? But I guess everyone likes to be special somehow...

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Precisely.
I am asking and supporting the package idea with my wallet and time investment.

Chuckyeah @ Kirin Tor
Chuckyeah
1 Draenei Shaman
I have to say it again, I like that ideas are being shared. The OP had ideas that are interesting but they would change some balances and mechanisms in the game. Many people play WOTLK because they know what to expect and how things work, consistent for 10 years or whatever.

Perfecting all the content should be the only focus or goals before considering something custom. I want to see Mount Hyjal opened up spawning some crazy world boss but not gonna happen.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
Custom world boss spawned out of hyjal?!

No.

We are trying to stay within the legit parameters of 3.3.5 not turn it into a shitfest.

Chuckyeah @ Kirin Tor
Chuckyeah
1 Draenei Shaman
Yeah that was pretty much a joke, as I said not going to happen. Although that idea would be optional and not change anything in the game, wild ideas like that have less impact than things that would change the mechanics or balance of the game like the OP suggested.

As I said everything should be perfected before ever considering something custom, including Vanilla, TBC content, certain BG's and arenas, etc.

Thoraf @ Kirin Tor
Thoraf

1 Dwarf Warrior
Edited by Thoraf on 2019-08-12 23:34:19
Kay this is weird shit.

Fixing swp is "something custom" ?
What about letting us play lv 70 arena , as it is blizzlike, is that "something custom" as well?
What about ioc, custom too? Like wtf..

How is it "custom" to play , legit, blizzlike , normal content?
Wtf din i just read....

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Lol those things arent custom chuck meant to say something else (i think/hope).

Arakis @ Kirin Tor
Arakis

12 Human Paladin
Thanks for supporting my suggestion.

Koraa @ Kirin Tor
Koraa
1 Troll Shaman
If you want people to run old content you can introduce some form of transmog i guess.

Cotoias @ Kirin Tor
Cotoias
10 Tauren Hunter
The idea is that there are lots of changes that can be introduced to improve gaming experience, aside from the abilities listed on my first post we could get many more improvements:

better drop rates for certain items like recipes, legendary mats :sulfuron and elementium ingots, eye of sulphuras drop, limited amount removed from some items like the recipe needed to level alchemy,farmed almost daily by a bot there.

shorter respawn timers for some rares like the Time lost proto-drake and viragosa, again farmed by some bots.

the Kaluak fising derby could have a more generous timer for the first turn in as there is an alliance bot who keeps turning in the fish every time ,otherwise you have to wait a weeek without playing the character to turn in the fish.

-An item upgrade mechanic for certain rare, epic and legendary items, because it would encourage players to play other raids than icc.

this 5th thing might be a bit extreme: put wrathful gear on all Vault of Archavon bosses as they are harder than Toravon, but are nearly never killed because they drop useless things, make it so that we can get all wrathful gear without having to farm just one boss.

Someting should be done about the Wintergrasp fortress as i see a lot of horde players logging on Alliance alts to kill the guards so that the Alliance can not attack us and this really ruins the whole thing.

As a side note, i see many people complaining about an unopened battleground on a server with dead pvp, it would be a waste of resources to open a 20 player bg when people only play WG, AB and others. This server has a really low population when compared to other similar servers, so we should strive to improve the gaming experience, not to let it slowly die because we cannot manage changes. And do go telling me that never seeing an item for 5 years or a rare mob is part of the game, it is just frustrating

Serenna @ Kirin Tor
Serenna

7 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Serenna on 2019-08-14 14:59:32
While it is clear that we all have different views on what sort of changes should happen , it is also very clear that we all recognize the fact that something(s) substantial has to happen.

I will focus on the positive and say that it is good we are supporters of this realm and want to see it do well.
It is also good that we at least have a forum where ideas ranging from amazingly good to idiotic , can be freely expressed.

I think we should continue to present our suggestions , good or bad, is all weve got. Maybe one day someone will hear.

Zi @ Kirin Tor
Zi

1 Undead Warlock
gitgud scrub

Dachia @ Kirin Tor
Dachia
1 Human Paladin
This Zi "comment" would fall into the autistic section.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.