Topic

WotLK Improved graphics patches

Intercept @ Kirin Tor
Intercept
1 Dwarf Warrior
Edited by Intercept on 2020-05-24 14:58:23
Hello citizens of Dalaran! I want to address those who want a graphic improvements of WotLK. I searched and tested various WoD graphic patches for this expansion and I want to share my 100% working patches with you. You need a CLEAN WotLK expansion and you have to download and copy files (patch-a to h) to your game "data" folder, then USE Large Address Aware aplication on wow.exe to avoid the errors (for allowing the game to use more than 2GB of RAM). Don't forget to set graphic settings to ultra. You will obtain terrain, buildings, characters, creatures, darker nights, water, trees graphic improvements.

Download
https://mega.nz/#F!UloxiRoT!-WtZ8NAtX91oPlUVUWwpvg

Lavablast/Whirlrage/Blackstings - Aliance. Good luck and have fun!

Palex @ Kirin Tor
Palex
80 Human Paladin
Edited by Palex on 2020-03-28 10:18:25
Wow, really cool graphic improvements and significant terrain change!

Works perfectly with no performance decrease on i5/GTX1050/RAM8GB hardware.
60 FPS before and after textures upgrade on graphic settings [email protected]

Fast download link and easy installation.
Thank you very much!

Some screenshots for changes preview:

nNWYoL_QsqA.jpg

ss18pj5CPvQ.jpg

VNzAuEaIPEs.jpg

Shootaboy @ Kirin Tor
Shootaboy
1 Orc Hunter
Thank you for sharing this!
I am using Linux Mint and I hope this works for me : )

Shootaboy @ Kirin Tor
Shootaboy
1 Orc Hunter
Nope, I didn't work, I guess is because I use Linux? I dunno
The game crashed while loading

Intercept @ Kirin Tor
Intercept
1 Dwarf Warrior
After copy files to data folder, you need to use Large Address Aware aplication on wow.exe to avoid the errors, because wotlk it's limited to 2 GB of RAM and with this patches, it needs to use more. But i have no any ideea if it works on linux..

Arcdragonia @ Kirin Tor
Arcdragonia
1 Draenei Shaman
What do you mean by a "clean expansion"? A fresh wow folder, right after downloading the client?

I've tried it on my current wow folder and almost everything worked, except water effects, which looked so bad that I turned it back to original graphics xD

I guess it's my folder not being clean, right? Got some addons (MoveAnything, Skada etc.), but else nothing special.

Intercept @ Kirin Tor
Intercept
1 Dwarf Warrior
Clean means, without other graphic patches.

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.