Topic

A few suggestions - World Bosses and Incentives

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Hello Dalaran Wow,

Thanks for all the recent changes and new additionq to the server, it's nice to see the server is still evolving !
I've been discussing with a few people and wanted to share my thoughts, in case it might be of some use or give you some ideas for the future. Basically, two categories : the World Bosses (Dragons, and the new one coming), and the Incentives and non-ICC raids.

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
So let's start with World Bosses : we've had dragons for a few weeks now, and it's a nice alternative to WG and BGs for PvP. However, I feel it's not rewarding enough, especially if you don't really care for tournament. We've seen some groups trying to form, but some weeks we just had to cancel it because not enough people, so it was just free points for the other faction. A few ideas to make it more rewarding :
- Add in the reward pool some interesting gear, for example some Wrathful pieces not dropped by Toravon (head, chest and shoulders) or Wrathful weapons, since they're already purchasable in Dalaran Sewers, could be nice to get a chance to farm them from dragons too, and/or some vanity rewards (tabard, pet, mount, etc)
- Scale the Dragons loot to level 80, so it becomes actually usable for players who kill the World Bosses (and maybe even as BoE, since a good part of the characters might already be PVE geared)
- Add to the rewards some Emblems, based on the character progression, and/or Incentive Tokens
My point is, make World Bosses more interesting for players than just getting point for tournament, and it might get greater groups for these

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Cerbin on 2021-08-17 19:43:42
Then, Incentive and raids :
- Incentive rewards : it was a really nice idea to add the incentive tokens, as a new way to make raiding interesting for those who're done with ICC. It's actually a great reward for people who love collecting, either mounts, pet, tabards, who made crafters and want to get the recipes they miss, etc... However, I think it could also be a great way to reward people who wants to perform and pump bug numbers, especially with some non-wotlk consumables they usually have to farm themselves : the most famous example being Flame Cap which mages and locks actually can use even in ICC25, but there are also a lot of other consumables from Vanilla/TBC contents that could be used in Wotlk raids : Demonic Rune or even charms from Amani Charm Box These are only a few examples I got from looking into a Wotlk database, but we can find much more, either battle items, enchants, vanity/cosmetics, etc.
- Raids : the idea to add Incentives to Ulduar and to increase Valanyr fragment drop chances is a great idea, as it makes Valanyr easier to farm and bring more people in these runs. I'd like to add a little suggestion, that applies to both Shadowmourne and Valanyr farm, as these changes are not really useful for 10m raids : add a chance for fragments/shards to drop from 10m raids, not as much as in 25 ofc (for example half 25n chance in 10n, and 25n chance in 10hc). It would make the grind easier for people who want these weeapons, as forming a 10m is easier than forming a 25m, and bring more 10m raids for the community and the people who want raiding.

Malkavia @ Kirin Tor
Malkavia
Staff Member
Greetings!

We have been working on an announcement with several new additions (new Zone of Action, new World Boss, and the explanation of a whole new section) and some of the things you mention were already included, but we had to delay them for several reasons.

We have plenty of exciting news and changes for the tournament and those include: making more interesting and engaging the World Bosses with their loot and expand the incentive system to the rest of the WotLK raids, but we have seen ourselves quite swamped lately with the testing of those systems as they were implemented, the new influx of players, tickets, and of course, real life.

No worries, we will announce them soon or at least give you a quick peak about it, we are trying finish some pending tasks before all this goes live.

Thanks for the kind words, we are working non-stop to keep improving and, of course, keep the suggestions flowing, we will consider them and try to do our best!

Cerbin @ Kirin Tor
Cerbin
1 Night Elf Druid
Thanks ! I just wanted to share the ideas somewhere, so it doesn't just get lost in in game whispers :) Tried to give links to items and examples in my 3rd post, but got blocked by cloudflare, had some hard times being able to post the exact thing, but finally got the post working, feel free to have a look now it's formatted correctly :)

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.