Topic

Suggestion - 1 Day Before Ulduar Release Event

Joana @ Kirin Tor
Joana

80 Night Elf Hunter
Now I remember seeing somewhere suggest (a long time ago) how the Scourge Event would be nice, but this wouldn't take much work right? Just spawning a few things here and there ... that's all :p By the way, everything I'm about to post is purely copy and paste. I didn't write a single word of this.

This could be a POSSIBLE suggestion for an event in the future. 1 day before Ulduar release would be great because of ...
1) GMs in the flesh
2) Randomly spawned Bosses (since this is 3.3.5a and Ulduar isn't out, it would be plausible to spawn things like Patchwerk Vs. VoA Boss. By the way, the loot tables were on the bosses in one screenshot. I would maybe keep the loot tables on the world-raid bosses though. I don't know.
3) Corpses everywhere
4) Oodles of fun!

Adventures in Beta: This is why we can't have nice things
By: Elizabeth Wachowski - January 12th, 2007 at 5:37 PM

insiderdest-(custom).jpg

Like Faience, I spent my end of beta event stuck in Shattrath City, watching world dragons get totally ignored by the city defenders. But apparently there was quite a lot of stuff going on in Azeroth that we missed, including ...

SSthrall.jpg

SSlots.jpg

Jana.jpg

Thrall leading a giant raid on Southshore, and Jaina Proudmoore doing the same in Crossroads. Tyrande Whisperwind also paid a visit to Tirasfal Glades.
Stayitaintso.jpg

Warlockoverlords.jpg

Dreadlord Tseric destroying Stormwind with giant warlocks.
GMDUEL.jpg

SWInfernal.jpg

Developers Tyren and Ordinn turning into mechanicals and fighting in the Booty Bay arena.
GM Eyonix spawning Ragnaros on top of community MVP Faizaniel.
GMs taking requests for mob attacks outside of Orgrimmar.
GM Kaellarina turning into a giraffe and trampling everyone.
Boss on boss action, including Azerugos v. Kazzak, four Baron Rivendares fighting, and an invasion of Abominable Greenches.
Everyone was waiting to catch a glimpse of Vashj, Kael'Thas and Illidan, but the GMs chose not to have them running wild around the world. It's too bad that events like this can't happen on live servers -- there are too many servers for GMs to cover them all, and people would complain about their playtime being disrupted. But still, thanks for a lovely end of beta event!

Other pics of the "event."

Scarytimes.jpg

LumberjackTsericc.jpg

DreadknightTsericc.jpg

DreadknightTsericc.jpg

Jianax6.jpg

Giantdevs.jpg

Upwego.jpg

Uhoh.jpg

Tsericlumberjack2.jpg

Tsericlumberjack.jpg

Succubusoverrun.jpg

Largearcane.jpg

Infernalowned.jpg

Higherandhigher.jpg

Groupexplosion.jpg

Giantgnomes.jpg

Giantdev.jpg

Eyolanding.jpg

Devhiding.jpg

PoorSW.jpg

Areanownage.jpg

Onyarean.jpg

Ondeboatz.jpg

Ptlordarean.jpg

SSlots.jpg

wowlots.jpg

ptlord.jpg

lolshatkuul.jpg

SWeyon.jpg

1betaevent2tj2.jpg

1betaevent3uk2.jpg

1betaevent5dv6.jpg

1betaevent6td9.jpg

1betaevent7fm4.jpg

1betaevent8wb8.jpg

1betaevent9sn5.jpg

1betaevent10vc1.jpg

1betaevent11zv2.jpg

Sources:
wow.joystiq.com/2007/01/12/adventures-in-beta-this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things/
vampirus.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=30643&TabID=274522&ForumID=141505&TopicID=4178719
http://royalmilitia.taggedup.com/eSeMeF/index.php?topic=5988.0

Djordi @ Kirin Tor
Djordi
No Characters
Or you could have a Iron Dwarf invasion in dalaran

Joana @ Kirin Tor
Joana

80 Night Elf Hunter
Bump

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.