Dalaran: A Timeless Journey
It's up to each of us to prove this is a world worth saving. That our lives... our lives are worth living.
Why we care so much about the community?
- We will give our best to continue providing a great and long lasting WoTLK Home for you and your friends.
- No matter what happens, your characters will be there, exactly as you left them, on any future endeavour. Always.
Dalaran: our new home.
1. A Timeless Journey
2. Realm specifications
- Algalon characters and limitations.
- Retrieving the belongings.
- Era: It is a romantic view of WoTLK's progression cycle or timeline. It starts from Naxxramas and with the PvP Season 5, and it ends some time after the Ruby Sanctum's release and with the PvP Season 8.
- The Vault of Eras: It is a system that will allow you to retrieve the items that you obtained on Algalon and/or Previous Eras.
- Dalaran-bound: A new concept for our servers that will provide a way to complete your characters through Eras and realms.
Note: From now on, when we refer to "collectables", we will mean: achievements, achievement progress, stats, items, mounts, professions, recipes...
- It will be a full Blizzlike ingame experience and most importantly, loyal to the original days. No custom or new things.
- The rates of everything will be x1.**
- It will be a PvP realm.
- The Individual WotLK Raid Attunement system: every player will need to be properly attuned in order to enter raids/dungeons.
- Emblem system: Each character will receive the corresponding emblems from dungeons based on their own personal progression.
- Pre-Nerf encounters: As always, many encounters will be on their famous “pre-nerf” status, making them a bit more challenging.
- Encounter buffs: Bosses from WoTLK raids will have increased health and damage output to balance the 3.3.5a talents (re-adjusted through upcoming Betas).
- Vault of Archavon: It will work as it has been since 2013 - The Raid will adapt to the current progression of the group. Each boss is linked to its corresponding Tier.
- Beta Sessions before every Tier release: We have always done this and we think this is still a must, an event that helps us to keep polishing everything as much as possible thanks to the help from our community.
- PvE tournaments before every Tier release: It’s a fun and challenging event with nice rewards that we also consider fundamental.
- Loot from Seasonal Events: As some Seasonal events drop items that may interfere with the Progression essence, the drop is restricted to the appropriately attuned players.
- WoTLK Reputations
- Gathering/Crafting items or any item that may affect the new economy.
- Items with item level greater or equal than 200.
- Arena/Honor Points.
- WoTLK progression-related keys.
- No mail.
- Arena teams.
3. About the Eras.
- Those characters will be locked, this means they can't enter into the world until every class/race and profession realm first are achieved.
- For Eras other than the first one, not only Algalon's character but also all those level 80s who were created during the previous Era will be present from the start.
- Remember that all the collectables obtained on Algalon or previous Eras will be retrievables as the progression advances and that you will have them all always available on Algalon.
- First Era: Every level 80 character from Algalon + new players who start on the new realm (lower levels will also be able to transfer later).
- Second Era: Every character from the First Era + new players who start during the new realm's second Era.
- Third Era: Every character from the Second Era + new players who start during the new realm's third Era.
Note that the character base is incremental. It starts with Algalon characters but as new players join, further Era's character-base will increase.
- When you earn something, it is yours forever.
- Even if you progress through the content on different Eras.
- When you earn something, your Algalon's character also obtains it.
This new concept is what will make every character grow incrementally through Eras and realms. As it has been said up until now; once the first Era from the Dalaran realm starts, your level 80s from Algalon will be present over there. Now, when you earn something on the Dalaran realm that you didn't have on Algalon, it will become available everywhere. Making your character grow between realms.Something similar will happen too for new players through Eras. Everyone will keep all of their belongings as we welcome further Progression cycles. Thus, when you earn something, whether you came from Algalon or started from scratch on the new realm, it will always be yours. However, upon their beginning, the character base will receive a restriction applied, some sort of soft reset as explained above. Here, we can divide the collectables into two different types:
- Non WoTLK progression-related collectables.
- When the new Era begins, your level 80 characters will keep everything you have obtained on Algalon and previous Eras. You will have all of your old collectables.
- WoTLK progression-related collectables.
- When the new Era begins, your level 80 character won't have these available at first. However, you will be able to retrieve them as the progression advances. When a realm first is achieved, everyone will have the ability to claim every collectable obtained up to the previous tier (For example, when the ToC's realm first is achieved, you will have your Algalon's/previous Eras' Ulduar achievements).
5. Obtaining collectables from Algalon/Previous Eras: The Vault of Eras.
- Ulduar: Realm First! Death's Demise - Players will be able to retrieve from The Vault of Eras their collectables related to the Tier 7 and heroic dungeons.
- Trial of the Crusader: Realm First! Grand Crusader - Players will be able to retrieve from The Vault of Eras their collectables related to the Tier 8 and below.
- Icecrown Citadel: A raid defeats Fall of the Lich king 25 players (normal mode) for the first time. Players will be able to retrieve from The Vault of Eras their collectables related to the Tier 9 and below.
- Icecrown Citadel: Realm First! Fall of the Lich King - Players will be able to retrieve from The Vault of Eras their collectables related to the Tier 10 (only normal difficulty) and below.
- Ruby Sanctum: Upon opening, Players will be able to retrieve from The Vault of Eras their collectables related to the Tier 10 (heroic mode) and below.
- Example 1: A player doesn’t have an achievement from Algalon or a previous Era. He/She earns it through a new Era - that's it, nothing happens.
- Example 2: A player earns an achievement on the new Dalaran realm and he/she already had it back on Algalon or a previous Era. Two options: Keep the recently earned achievement or go to The Vault of Eras and request the old one with the old date.
- Example 3: A player who had an achievement (e.g: Firefighter 10 players) from the First Era wishes to recover it as he/she doesn't have it on this Second Era. This player can request to retrieve such achievement when we enable The Vault of Eras: Access, some time after the Realm First! Grand Crusader is achieved in Trial of the Crusader.
6. Dalaran realm's timeline.
7. Release date.
Possible questions and examples.
1. Why and what does it achieve?
A player who came from Algalon earns an achievement from TBC that he was missing in Algalon. This new achievement will be kept through the Eras and it will also be earned on the Algalon realm. This means that, after the current Era ends, this character will have all the non WoTLK related achievements plus this extra TBC one, from the very first day.
A new player who started during the first Era obtains the Twin Blades of Azzinoth (for example). When that Era ends and the second one begins, this player will have by default the item.
A player who came from Algalon had "Heartbreaker" achievement there. Upon joining the first Era on the Dalaran realm, this achievement will not be available. However, as the progression advances, if he does not earn it again during this second Era, he will be able to claim it when the ToC's realm first achievement is obtained.
This example might apply to a new player who started playing during a certain Era. If he obtained this achievement, he will not have it right after the next Era starts. But, he will be able to claim it when the time comes. Everything will be there, always.
A player who stopped playing in 2016 comes back and logs in with their old Algalon characters, on the Dalaran realm. The current Tier is Ulduar. When the realm frist from Ulduar is achieved, this player can claim his old Naxxramas gear and continue playing normally.
A player from the Algalon realm has been working on achievements such as Loremaster or the Insane and those are still in progress when he starts on the new Dalaran Realm. There is no problem at all, he can continue on the new realm exactly where he left it, the achievement and stats progression will be the same. If he achieves them, those not only will persist through future Eras but his Algalon realm character also will obtain them automatically.
It can be seem as it Timelines would be merged. Players from all kind of different timelines can join this new realm and enjoy a new progression together. A guild which is raiding Naxxramas might be formed by new players who just started playing, as well as players who stopped playing in 2019, or even players who are still playing on Algalon. Everyone altogether, can progress through the WoTLK content knowing that whatever they do, whatever they earn, it will always be there AND on Algalon realm. Nothing will ever be lost and their time will feel worth the effort.
2. Why might this experience interest a new player?
We are going to provide a long-term, brand-new and Blizzlike progression with hard and challenging encounters through the WoTLK.