Topic

Trailer - Algalon, the WoTLK progressive realm.

Lothloryen @ Kirin Tor
Lothloryen
Staff Member
Edited by Lothloryen on 2014-01-06 00:05:18
Hello there Citizens of Dalaran,

After so much effort on these times of working hard on a lot of stuff, we are pleased to present the Trailer of our progressive realm, Algalon.

As you can see, we have created a story with an argument that leads to understand some details of the realm. Thus, for those who are interested, you can read a brief explanation on the video's information.

You can see the credits in the video itself, but we are so grateful that we believe are worthy of mention here too.

Thanks to all the players from Dalaran-WoW which participated with us in this video:

Aegaeon, Haldron, Dups, Aragan, Headscutter, Forze, Shaemy, Tankslut, Nemesis, Loktaro, Hysteria, Medania, Globox, Springs, Sushi, Kuriosity, Xeroin, Ntt.

Special thanks to all the players from Kirin Tor for their support, patience and their participatiion in anything they could in this project.

Special Mention to all the players/friends out there that saw this project born, and supported us to go ahead with it no matter what.

Without you we couldn't have all the strength to start this.

To all the Staff members of Dalaran-WoW, this video is also yours, you were there in all kind of situations in time of needs.

Note: We know that you are impatient to know the exact date of the release, do not worry we will make it public very soon, we are going step by step, but steady.

Gumbel @ Kirin Tor
Gumbel

80 Human Mage
Edited by Gumbel on 2013-12-31 16:36:47
WOW is all I have to say. This video was better / has me more excited to play WotLK through all content even more than Blizzard did with retail. Hats off to the staff here and everybody that helped in the making of this video.

Can't wait for this realm to open up!

Veri @ Kirin Tor
Veri
2 Troll Hunter
Oh dayum its coming.

Et @ Kirin Tor
Et
1 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah this is Awesome, Will Reach The Sky with that!

Hams @ Kirin Tor
Hams
Elder

80 Tauren Druid
OMFGEMIROAMDSKXKM RELEASE IT.

But really, nice vid. You guys deserve having the biggest WotLK private server and more, the time and effort you put into this is insane.

Grommash @ Kirin Tor
Grommash

72 Orc Death Knight
Such an awesome video, gave me the chills just by watching it. Good job Dalaran Staff and keep up the good work!

Haldron @ Kirin Tor
Haldron
the Patient

80 Troll Hunter
This is one epic badass video.Respect.

Aegaeon @ Kirin Tor
Aegaeon
the Hallowed

80 Night Elf Druid
Well, i have to say this made the torture of recording this worth it :p

Forze @ Kirin Tor
Forze
the Kingslayer

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, i have to say this made the torture of recording this worth it :p

This ^^

Amazing video! Keep up the good work.

Eleanor @ Kirin Tor
Eleanor
Elder

80 Night Elf Warrior
awesomenessss

Emilg @ Kirin Tor
Emilg
1 Troll Shaman
I was just wondering if everyone will be leveling, or will you be able to get 80s instantly or something?

I really wish everything would be wiped.. I don't think it's fair if some people get to 80 instantly and do dungeons from day 1 and get ready for raids in 2-3 days.

Rashiik @ Kirin Tor
Rashiik

14 Human Rogue
Emilg, please read around on the forums, it's all explained there

Mud @ Kirin Tor
Mud

70 Undead Priest
I and some friends will be leveling, and i'm sure many others. It will be fun to run all the lower lvl instances.

Emilg @ Kirin Tor
Emilg
1 Troll Shaman
I did read around, All I could find was that people will be able to "opt in" for the beta.. it's not explained if they will keep their items/levels etc

Rashiik @ Kirin Tor
Rashiik

14 Human Rogue
All level 80 realm first (class/race/faction) must be done before anyone will be able to transfer. All profession realm first (blacksmith/alchemy/mining/skinning/leatherworking etc)will also have to be taken. This will probably take 3+ weeks and by that time the items the people that transfer have will not be op at all, any active person will be able toget better items etc by the time people will be able to transfer (at least this is what I think, this ofc depends on how effective you lvl etc),

-Rashiik

Testinhes @ Kirin Tor
Testinhes

70 Troll Rogue
amg, cant wait to this server... u guys are the best with this video u show quality, devotion,effort and the things well done, like evrything u do. i will spread it as much as i can

Bokac @ Kirin Tor
Bokac
1 Night Elf Priest
You guys are absolutely crazy..

Ninueh @ Kirin Tor
Ninueh
the Love Fool

80 Night Elf Priest
Awesome!!!!!! I love it

Greenlink @ Kirin Tor
Greenlink

71 Troll Rogue
loving it :) cant wait

Sodix @ Kirin Tor
Sodix
Elder

80 Human Warrior
Drool cant wait now :P

Athinira @ Kirin Tor
Athinira

50 Blood Elf Paladin
awesome

Faerol @ Kirin Tor
Faerol

80 Human Warlock
This should've been the new wow expansion, and not WoD

Tenderloin @ Kirin Tor
Tenderloin

80 Tauren Shaman
this is dope dog

Headscutter @ Kirin Tor
Headscutter
1 Tauren Warrior
Simply the best trailer out there, Good Job dalaran-wow staff, u r impressing us everyday that passes.

Flok @ Kirin Tor
Flok
1 Troll Hunter
guys i can't understand what is progresion realm. someone tell me?

Aegaeon @ Kirin Tor
Aegaeon
the Hallowed

80 Night Elf Druid
It's explained in this topic Makedon ->
http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/news-and-rules/news-and-announcements/topic/625/next-release-wotlk-progressive-server-algalon

Noctum @ Kirin Tor
Noctum

80 Night Elf Death Knight
The trailer did convey the message that it was made to, but it isn't the best trailer out there. And neither does it have to be. The fact that it is original in a way is more then enough for it. Personally I would have liked better if the verses said/thought by Algalon were in a different font and positioned a bit higher on the screen, if killing the poor mob outside of Wyrmrest Temple with 20 people made any sense at all and if the sound was tuned better as it can be a bit overwhelming at times in terms of volume - as in the volume is fine during some parts of the video and to loud in others - I understand that the higher tuned part of the music is supposed to deliver an impact but it was a bit to much. Another thing that could have been better is the part of the video where there are scene changes from Arthas/Deathwing to the Guardian on the floor coming to life - here the scene change has a awkward visual quality difference in that the Arthas/Deathwing scenes look like a cut-scene and the Guardian scene looks like a recording. A filter could have been used to make these more in tune with each other. Which filter and with what settings is for you to find out - trial and error.

I guess I am being picky, and clearly a lot of time was put into this, but these are all things that I feel could have been better. See this as feedback to the person that made this as things to be improved upon for the next time he or she makes a trailer. Regardless, it's a good trailed.

Meilly @ Kirin Tor
Meilly
15 Human Mage
i cant wait *-*

Yusuf @ Kirin Tor
Yusuf
58 Human Paladin
Great Work!!!!! Congratulations I hope so that it will be soon :)

Stormish @ Kirin Tor
Stormish
80 Troll Shaman
Good job Dalaran Staff, LOVE YOU guys and can`t wait for the release of Algalon :D ALL THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR :D

Testinhes @ Kirin Tor
Testinhes

70 Troll Rogue
yes noctum, but i think we meant best private server trailer, if you see films or whatever trailer, well ofc, but is a private server trailer xd, the best no, the fucking best

In order to post you must to be logged in

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Click here to view the Forums Code of Conduct.